Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

56 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

This and his hammerhead Shark mech are what i need to see.

They are the same set. I think that there is a picture on one of the previous pages.

Edited by LegoShroom

I heard that there would be a Ninjago D2C set.  Anyone have any information on that?  Will that be a modular-like building like the Temple of Airjitzu or would it be more of a vehicle like the Batmobile?

1 minute ago, gundamz said:

I heard that there would be a Ninjago D2C set.  Anyone have any information on that?  Will that be a modular-like building like the Temple of Airjitzu or would it be more of a vehicle like the Batmobile?

Reportedly it's a Ninjago City set, but I don't think anything else is publicly known.

4 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

They are the same set. I think that there is a picture on one of the previous pages.

Thanks for letting me know, must have missed the pics of the Hammerhead shark mech previously.

Though what about the walking shark from the trailers, i remember someone confirmed we would get that as a retailer exclusive?

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Thanks for letting me know, must have missed the pics of the Hammerhead shark mech previously.

Though what about the walking shark from the trailers, i remember someone confirmed we would get that as a retailer exclusive?

No. The retail exclusive shark mech is this one. The one from the trailers has not been confirmed at all. The source confirming it said that we'd be getting A shark mech as a retail exclusive that is NOT the one from the trailer. So sadly, no confirmation for it. I can't see them not making it so I'm hoping that it will arrive in wave 2. 

Edited by LegoShroom

10 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

No. The retail exclusive shark mech is this one. The one from the trailers has not been confirmed at all. The source confirming it said that we'd be getting A shark mech as a retail exclusive that is NOT the one from the trailer. So sadly, no confirmation for it. I can't see them not making it so I'm hoping that it will arrive in wave 2. 

In February, Just2good was on a podcast and confirmed that the Shark Mech was going to be a retailer exclusive one, at the time the only Shark Mech we were aware of was the one in the trailers.
In April, We saw the sticker book, up until this point we had no idea that the Hammerhead Shark Mech was even a thing.
Shortly afterwards, Sir Von Lego confirmed that we would be getting the Hammerhead Shark Mech as a set.

I suppose its likely that the Shark Mech that Just2good was aware of is the same as the Hammerhead Shark Mech mentioned by Sir Von Lego.

Though i do hope we get the walking Shark Mech.

Edited by Scarilian

20 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I suppose its likely that the Shark Mech that Just2good was aware of is the same as the Hammerhead Shark Mech mentioned by Sir Von Lego.

The Walking Shark Mech could still be part of the D2C set.

A good look at maskless Nya, Cole, Jay and Zane:

35027188126_8e63d21e25_z.jpgUntitled by elephantograph, on Flickr

34256264783_5bd8aec958_z.jpgUntitled by elephantograph, on Flickr

I'm still a really big fan of Jay's hair mould, I'd love to get that in a whole range of colours. Also, it just occurred to me that this may be the first time for a LEGO hairstyle to have a lock of hair in the center of the forehead, coming down almost between the eyes, which is a key feature of tons of male hairstyles found in anime.  

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Also, it just occurred to me that this may be the first time for a LEGO hairstyle to have a lock of hair in the center of the forehead, coming down almost between the eyes, which is a key feature of tons of male hairstyles found in anime.  

Anime usually tries to emphasize that there's a single lock in the middle, it looks like there's at least 3 for Jay. If we're talking about anime hair, i'd say that Kai in general is the all-time winner. I feel like that parallel with Jay is coincidental. If there was an attempt to mimic that kind of hairstyle, or an applicable hairstyle to anime in this wave, i'd say Lloyd or Kai come closer.

Edited by gamejutzu

5 hours ago, bricksnator said:

The Walking Shark Mech could still be part of the D2C set.

Orrrr it could just be a different set entirely

Nya and Jay's hairpieces look great and Zane's looks horrible.  I hope we get official pics soon.  I like what I've seen so far.

I can't really judge Zane's from that picture since it seems to be on backwards, but I do really like Jay's hairpiece. Looks like my hair when I've gone way too long without a haircut. :laugh:

Not digging Zane's hairpiece.. but it just looks reversed. The other hairpieces look great, especially Jay's. 

Is that a skeleton in the top right?

1 hour ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Orrrr it could just be a different set entirely

Point being there's potential for the walking Shark Mech to arrive in August or a second wave. 

When I see the Ninjago Movie faces and hair, I suspect the designer was under the influence of some drug or alcohol. They are not something I would want to buy.

1 hour ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

When I see the Ninjago Movie faces and hair, I suspect the designer was under the influence of some drug or alcohol. They are not something I would want to buy.

Cole looks under the influence.

I want to see Zane's hair the correct way on him. I think i want to use that hairpiece. 

Next magazine inclusion will be Cole with some gear, not too special:

17 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Anime usually tries to emphasize that there's a single lock in the middle, it looks like there's at least 3 for Jay. If we're talking about anime hair, i'd say that Kai in general is the all-time winner. I feel like that parallel with Jay is coincidental. If there was an attempt to mimic that kind of hairstyle, or an applicable hairstyle to anime in this wave, i'd say Lloyd or Kai come closer.

They obviously aimed at the over-the-top anime hair look for Kai, even though I can't think of a character that would match up directly with that kind of hair. However, in my eyes, coincidental or not, Jay's hair has similarities to that of generic, mainstream male character hairstyles. 

14 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Not digging Zane's hairpiece.. but it just looks reversed. The other hairpieces look great, especially Jay's. 

Is that a skeleton in the top right?

Looks reversed indeed. The skeleton is either rebooted Krazi or Frakjaw: https://brickset.com/minifigs/inset-70592-1

4 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

What makes you say that? Kai has crazy hair (inspired by crazy hair from anime), Zane has an overly excited and dead-serious expression and unnaturally 'static' hairstyle (all befitting the explicit, unambiguous nature of a robot's behaviour and appearance), Cole looks relaxed, a little dense and down to earth (you know... ninja of earth, see what I did there?), his hair looks like a mix of a hippie, hipster and rock star. Oh, and the fish villains have funny hats. But that's all! A creative person doesn't need to take drugs for those things either. 

I personally felt that the previous ninjago minifigs were too try-hard. They were trying to be cool while these are more relaxed and silly. Kai's might be a bit over the top, but I prefer these versions of the characters by a mile.

I also think they look better than the 'originals' but I don't watch the show so I don't really care either. 

I really like jays new hair mold cause it looks like mine.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra