Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Based off the set pictures we got. That's the Jungle Garmadon, only difference is a green pauldron.

Jay minifigure! I love that minifig so much, it's perfect.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Spelling mistake

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:
Jay minifigure! I love that minifig so much, it's perfect.

These are the best versions of the ninja that we have gotten yet.

Looks good. Of all the ninjas, Jay, Nya and Lloyd  has the most black colour on their torso... I still don't get it why they have to make Cole sleeveless. They could have made Kai in dark red but i guess he needs to stand out in classic red. 

Oh my....

---worst Ninja designs since Ninjago started

The faces are daft to the max.

The new two part hood looks awkward.

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

Does anybody know if the upper part of Garmadon can be used on legs?

It cannot.

37 minutes ago, Borex said:

Does anybody know if the upper part of Garmadon can be used on legs?

22 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

It cannot.

Just like any other upper torso used on 4-hand characters.

I am curious whether standard armor pieces will work on the new Garmadon's upper torso piece. It seems like it might, considering this new version doesn't seem to jut out in front like the old one. For that matter, this more basic-looking design might work better in themes other than Ninjago, in the event that they need four-armed characters.

5 hours ago, horizon said:

Oh my....

Yeah, I agree. I really hate the new looks, hairpieces, and voices for the ninja. The builds and vehicles are pretty amazing though. I still think that the designs from the ghost wave were the best ninja outfits Lego has put out, but there were a lot of other cool ones too. 

Actually these are best versions of ninjas so far.... I am curious about those new hoods, but so far, their prints, hairs etc, are just THE BEST (except Zane, I liked him more in ToA set). From sets, I like that marketplace with small police car, Destiny´s bounty and Lloyd´s dragon..:)

6 hours ago, horizon said:

Oh my....

What if you swapped out the faces for classic look? Could be interesting.

7 hours ago, horizon said:

Oh my....

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I agree. I really hate the new looks, hairpieces, and voices for the ninja. The builds and vehicles are pretty amazing though. I still think that the designs from the ghost wave were the best ninja outfits Lego has put out, but there were a lot of other cool ones too. 

Another one here that doesn't like them. To me they come off like some sort of knock off version. 

7 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

What if you swapped out the faces for classic look? Could be interesting.

To me the printing on the bodies seem like a step back (or it could just be the pictures I seen so far). As for the new head-gear, they seem unnecessary and a pain. I think I will need to see someone make some combinations with it (to get a better opinion). 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Another one here that doesn't like them. To me they come off like some sort of knock off version. 

To me the printing on the bodies seem like a step back (or it could just be the pictures I seen so far). As for the new head-gear, they seem unnecessary and a pain. I think I will need to see someone make some combinations with it (to get a better opinion). 

The new hair pieces are too wild and crazy for me. Why did they need to make a tiny flat top for Zane and why did Jay need wacky hair? I don't like the hoods since they're really, really rounded and the two part piece just seems like a strange choice. 

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I am curious whether standard armor pieces will work on the new Garmadon's upper torso piece. It seems like it might, considering this new version doesn't seem to jut out in front like the old one. For that matter, this more basic-looking design might work better in themes other than Ninjago, in the event that they need four-armed characters.

The Garmadon upper torso piece seen on the armor-less version appears to be the same one from the orginial four-armed Garmadon just turned around backwards. You can see it in the trailer below at 1:52 when Garmadon and Wu are fighting in the woods. When Garmadon spins round, if you pause it at just the right moment you can see the bumpy lines from the first upper torso pieceon the back of the one Garmadon has here. So I guess they just turned the arms around and added some printing to the piece.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The new hair pieces are too wild and crazy for me. Why did they need to make a tiny flat top for Zane and why did Jay need wacky hair? I don't like the hoods since they're really, really rounded and the two part piece just seems like a strange choice. 

And why is Cole, who's usually serious, suddenly a hippie?

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The new hair pieces are realistic. Back when I went to school I can remember at least 1 person with each of those hair styles. As the ninja are high school students in the movie, it is fitting. And I like the new masks- more oppertunity for customisation. I think that people are too quick to hate things that are new and different. If you slate lego for trying something new, eventually they'll stop trying. So just embrace the new changes instead of adopting an 'I hate it all because it's different to what I'm used to' attitude.

Remember, you're all adults- not teenage internet trolls.

48 minutes ago, gundamz said:

And why is Cole, who's usually serious, suddenly a hippie?

It's a new take on the character. Get used to it.

Edited by LegoShroom

13 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

The new hair pieces are realistic. Back when I went to school I can remember at least 1 person with each of those hair styles. As the ninja are high school students in the movie, it is fitting. And I like the new masks- more oppertunity for customisation. I think that people are to quick to hate things that are new and different. If you slate lego for trying something new, evrntually they'll stop trying. So just embrace the new changes instead of adopting an 'I hate it all because it's different to what I'm used to' attitude.

Thank you the designs are perfect for a Lego Ninjago Movie and idc if anyone hates my opinion y'all just need to accept that this what we are getting 

From the pics released so far, I can definitely say I don't like new ninja costumes and masks. Mask are unnecessary complicated 2 parts. And suits are so plain, winter wave tv show sets had way cooler costumes for ninja. And don't even mention fish villains.

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

The new hair pieces are realistic. Back when I went to school I can remember at least 1 person with each of those hair styles. As the ninja are high school students in the movie, it is fitting. And I like the new masks- more oppertunity for customisation. I think that people are too quick to hate things that are new and different. If you slate lego for trying something new, eventually they'll stop trying. So just embrace the new changes instead of adopting an 'I hate it all because it's different to what I'm used to' attitude.

I don't hate it because it's different from the traditional Ninjago pieces. I dislike them because I don't like the direction they went in. Trying new things isn't bad at all, but I personally dislike the new hood and hair pieces. People are allowed to have different opinions, and we don't have to all embrace the new changes if we don't want to. I do highly enjoy some of the redesigns, though. I think Kai, Nya, Cole, and Lloyd all look amazing and the quality of the builds couldn't be better.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Same here, they just look a bit simplified and lacking in detail.

Maybe we'll get lucky and these are for the cheaper sets and the bigger sets will give us more details... but i doubt it.

Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

From the pics released so far, I can definitely say I don't like new ninja costumes and masks. Mask are unnecessary complicated 2 parts. And suits are so plain, winter wave tv show sets had way cooler costumes for ninja. And don't even mention fish villains.

I like the fish villains.  They're no stranger than the snakes or stone soldiers.

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Same here, they just look a bit simplified and lacking in detail.

Maybe we'll get lucky and these are for the cheaper sets and the bigger sets will give us more details... but i doubt it.

Maybe that's what lego is going for with these designs.  They might just have simplified the minifig designs and has something to do with the plot of the movie.  Sometimes things are better off simple but we will see when more information comes out about the sets and movie.

11 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

It's called taste. Many adults have it in spades.

You can also call it an opinion if you prefer that.