Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

46 minutes ago, Brick Dangerous said:

Perhaps they'll be bigger, like in two lion statues guarding the entrance or something. Just a guess though.

A pretty good guess.

8 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Glad to see the set list! Very interesting that the smallest set is called Spinjitzu Training which confirms that the Ninjas will actually have Spinjitzu powers :thumbup:

In addition to that, "Temple of the Ultimate" suggest that there should exist something like the First Spinjitsu Master, an ancient force with elemental powers, being worshipped there. 

"Master Falls" sounds like the cliché waterfall pool with rock boulders where the master, and eventually the trainee, gains inner piece (notice what I did there :tongue:). 

I hope some more pics are coming soon...

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:
  1. 70611 Water Strider - €44.99
  2. 70613 NW - €69.99 (Believed to be Nya's Vehicle)

I strongly recommend to take another look at the brickset list again. Water Strider IS Nya's Vechile while 70613 is now Garmadon's Shark Mech ( The page has been updated ) Now it also shows 70620 D2C Ninjago City as well as Zane's Tank to be a real set.

Edited by Tahu

3 hours ago, Tahu said:

I strongly recommend to take another look at the brickset list again. Water Strider IS Nya's Vechile while 70613 is now Garmadon's Shark Mech ( The page has been updated ) Now it also shows 70620 D2C Ninjago City as well as Zane's Tank to be a real set.

I'm the one who edited those remaining set entries. The brackets are placeholders for what seems most likely - not confirmed, by any means. I don't want any confusion! :classic:

As for all of the other 'official' names added, I assume Huw has a reputable enough source for them, or else he wouldn't have added them. And I couldn't be more excited!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

We got a new price list for the sets which seems more likable. 

Edited by Tahu

32 minutes ago, Tahu said:

We got a new price list for the sets which seems more likable. 

What/who is this person's source??

Official prices from Brickset:

70606 Spinjitzu Training-10€

70607 Ninjago City Chase-20€

70608 Master Falls-35€

70609 Manta-Ray Bomber-35€

70610 {?}-???

70611 Water Stride-45€

70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon-55€

70613 {Garmadon's Shark}-???

70614 Lighting Jet-70€

70615 Fire Mech-80€

70616 {Zane's Tank}-???

70617 Temple of The Ultimate-130€

70618 Destiny's Bounty-170€

70620 {D2C Ninjago City}-300$

Retailer exclusive sets are: 70610 (???), 70613 (Garmadon's Shark), 70616 (Zane's Tank) and 70620 (Ninjago City).

Master Falls is probably set with a bridge over a river, 4 minifigures: Kai, Wu, Lord Garmadon and Skeleton.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Spelling mistake

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

[snip]

Might I remind...

3 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

The brackets are placeholders for what seems most likely - not confirmed, by any means.

Thanks! 

Edited by Puffle Pal26

3 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

I'm the one who edited those remaining set entries. The brackets are placeholders for what seems most likely - not confirmed, by any means. I don't want any confusion! :classic:

Didn't you get fired from brickset for revealing the Arctic roller last year?? Also, seeing as you added the prices on Brickset, who is your source??

Edited by LegoShroom

22 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Didn't you get fired from brickset for revealing the Arctic roller last year?? Also, seeing as you added the prices on Brickset, who is your source??

There was only a little miscommunication about that; but no, I wasn't fired. The prices are from this very thread, listed a page or so back.

7 hours ago, Puffle Pal26 said:

There was only a little miscommunication about that; but no, I wasn't fired. The prices are from this very thread, listed a page or so back.

But not the theoretical names.

Whenever you update the website with theoretical ideas, you end up disappointing the community. Everyone believes that Brickset is an official source. If you're adding unofficial info, you're tricking hundreds of thousands of people into thinking that something might not actually exist.

It would be better if you would leave them blank (and not just Ninjago, other themes as well, please) and not confuse people. You're disappointing the children that look up to Brickset as the real deal. And then what? A rumor that suddenly doesn't exist becomes a problem Lego never intended to have in the first place.

27 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

Whenever you update the website with theoretical ideas, you end up disappointing the community. Everyone believes that Brickset is an official source. If you're adding unofficial info, you're tricking hundreds of thousands of people into thinking that something might not actually exist.

It would be better if you would leave them blank (and not just Ninjago, other themes as well, please) and not confuse people. You're disappointing the children that look up to Brickset as the real deal. And then what? A rumor that suddenly doesn't exist becomes a problem Lego never intended to have in the first place.

Seconded. When I see something reported on Brickset I expect it to be real. Between an increasing number of EB-sourced sets/prices being put into the official database and the Nexo Knights article from last week, I'm significantly less inclined to trust what they say.

5 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Seconded as well.

There is a change log in the names as well. I rather have unconfirmed names to be treated as "comment" or "remarks" instead of being listed as {Unconfirmed names}. For starters, no one knows what those squiggly brackets meant until it was mentioned here.

Anyway, appreciate the update of the set names and hope to see more information about the sets. It's only a few months before the movie!

Is this good that LEGO seems to be keeping secrets very well nowadays?

1 hour ago, makoy said:

Is this good that LEGO seems to be keeping secrets very well nowadays?

Yes. It keeps things secret from their competitors, and keeps the licensors that force embargoes happy.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

Yes. It keeps things secret from their competitors, and keeps the licensors that force embargoes happy.

Of course this is given. :pir-grin:...I meant how about us anticipating the movie and the sets. 

We should be getting more info about the sets, right? It's less than 5 months before release date.

49 minutes ago, makoy said:

Of course this is given. :pir-grin:...I meant how about us anticipating the movie and the sets. 

We should be getting more info about the sets, right? It's less than 5 months before release date.

Not for the UK. :sadnew:

43 minutes ago, makoy said:

It is around 5 months before the movie release.  But it's only 90 days until the official release date of the sets (August 1st) and 75 days or so before they actually hit the shelves.  That means that we should start to get more info on the sets in the weeks to come.  Just a guess on my part, but I think we should have pics and set details on the mass release sets by end of May - early June.

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Okay, I'm confused.  Are you saying that all the set names posted on Brickset are theoretical?  Or just the remaining 2-3 sets that have yet to be confirmed (presumably the retailer exclusives).  Just2good said one of them is the Shark Mech/Shark Walker.  I believe that the majority of the recent update was done by Huw himself, so they would have to be the actual sets names, yes?  If it's just the unknown sets that Puffle Pal26 posted theoretical names/descriptions for then yeah, I agree, better to put nothing at all.

9 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Okay, I'm confused.  Are you saying that all the set names posted on Brickset are theoretical?  Or just the remaining 2-3 sets that have yet to be confirmed (presumably the retailer exclusives).  Just2good said one of them is the Shark Mech/Shark Walker.  I believe that the majority of the recent update was done by Huw himself, so they would have to be the actual sets names, yes?  If it's just the unknown sets that Puffle Pal26 posted theoretical names/descriptions for then yeah, I agree, better to put nothing at all.

The 2-3 sets were theoretical (they have since been removed). Then the other names are retranslated from a website, meaning everything might not be entirely exact. In Brickset's case, they shouldn't be posting these preliminary names in general (and no, Huw, wouldn't be the one to do that, as all of his editors can edit the database, and he knows better). They should only be posting the official names when an official batch of names go live (Temple of the Ultimate... what? Ultimate what? That's a mistranslation. Shouldn't be on Brickset)

Now those couple theoretical sets have been rumored to be the Shark sets, yes, but they're still rumors, despite their reliable sources.

When Huw does add names to the website, and they are the source of said names, then yes, they are legitimate, or they wouldn't have posted them in the first place. It's happened on only a few, very rare occasions.

11 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

The recent name list was theoretical. We only have one confirmed name ' 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon'

You can find the full list via my previous post - it also has all the prices gathered from the site;

On 20/04/2017 at 10:07 PM, Scarilian said:

-snip-

6 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

The 2-3 sets were theoretical (they have since been removed). Then the other names are retranslated from a website, meaning everything might not be entirely exact. In Brickset's case, they shouldn't be posting these preliminary names in general (and no, Huw, wouldn't be the one to do that, as all of his editors can edit the database, and he knows better). They should only be posting the official names when an official batch of names go live (Temple of the Ultimate... what? Ultimate what? That's a mistranslation. Shouldn't be on Brickset)

Now those couple theoretical sets have been rumored to be the Shark sets, yes, but they're still rumors, despite their reliable sources.

When Huw does add names to the website, and they are the source of said names, then yes, they are legitimate, or they wouldn't have posted them in the first place. It's happened on only a few, very rare occasions.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The recent name list was theoretical. We only have one confirmed name ' 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon'

You can find the full list via my previous post - it also has all the prices gathered from the site;

Thanks Penkid11 & Scarilian for clearing that up.  Some of the names looked a bit "iffy" to me as well and quite frankly a bit too...simple.  I guess this will be a situation like the Hands of Time wave where the Dawn of Iron Doom set had a prelim name of "Disastrous Dusk" I believe.  Will be interesting to see what the final names look like vs. the placeholder ones.

But, based on the info that Sir von Lego shared earlier, I believe that 70607 might be the set with that police vehicle, the marketplace stall and lamppost and that 70608 is the set with the bridge build Wu, Garmadon and the Skeleton.

2 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

I guess this will be a situation like the Hands of Time wave where the Dawn of Iron Doom set had a prelim name of "Disastrous Dusk" I believe.  Will be interesting to see what the final names look like vs. the placeholder ones.

Exaclty.

I spoke with CM4Sci on the matter, and he confirmed that the names are legit. The "Temple of the Ultimate..." has an odd name because it's too long to fit on the original source's webpage (or at least the spot reserved for the name.) In other words, that's not the full name for the set.

Edited by Penkid11

14 hours ago, Tahu said:

Seems legit

-snip-

Found the high resolution official images: 

I think this is our first good look at the back torso printing for most of these, as well as a clear look at the front of Cole's torso. No Nya though? 

On 26/04/2017 at 6:43 AM, Penkid11 said:

I spoke with CM4Sci on the matter, and he confirmed that the names are legit.

Are they legit to the specific set numbers we had? Do we have confirmation that they definitely go with certain sets - or is it just a situation where the names are legit but we dont know which they apply to?