Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

Are we getting another hands of time wave ? Or is it movie focused going forward ?

It's looking like the current Hands of Time sets are all we're going to get for that. It's possible that there might still be extended line products tied in with Hands of Time in the future (maybe a Vermillion battle pack or something like that?), but the summer set list we have so far solely consists of Ninjago Movie sets.

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

(As a in principle non-Ninjago-fan) I'm not interested in all those battle machines and creatures. But the two civilians in the only set, of which we've seen a complete picture of, look good (the male has a 2x2 brick sign on his torso). And a fish in a new color - in this case light blue - is always welcome, too.

But the most curious I'm about that market stand, the grey temple and mainly the huge Exclusive. I hope that they all will either be City or Castle compatible.

Btw: Do you think that in the rumored Ninjago City set the main focus will be on buildings with a detailed exterior, open backwalls and a decent interior, too?

On 2017/4/14 at 0:18 PM, makoy said:

I used to watch local Wushu competition and they have different names for different  weapons.

For your reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteen_Arms_of_Wushu

Dao is just a sword (literal translation) but it's inferred as a single-edge sword because a double edge sword is commonly called jian.

Ok, someone who is natively Chinese should be able to explain this further but let's not get off-topic. :)

Actually, dao refers to the blade part, well, at least to my knowledge as a natively Chinese. 

29 minutes ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Actually, dao refers to the blade part, well, at least to my knowledge as a natively Chinese. 

Don't start this again. Take it somewhere else. It's no longer relevant here.

11 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Btw: Do you think that in the rumored Ninjago City set the main focus will be on buildings with a detailed exterior, open backwalls and a decent interior, too?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were a detailed facade that drives its focus by including an exclusive mech of some sort.

22 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Don't start this again. Take it somewhere else. It's no longer relevant here.

Don't start acting like a Moderator. Use the report button!!

This site has a list of the sets and official prices, as well as grayed-out prelim set box to get a rough idea of the size.

70606 - $14.99

70607 -  $29.99

70609 - $39.99

70611 - $54.99

70612 - $69.99

70613 - $79.99

70614 - $79.99

70615 - $89.99

70617 - $129.99

70618 - $214.99

Converted from dkk to dollars and rounded to fit regular Lego prices

Edit - it's been taken down

Edited by legozebra

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

This site has a list of the sets and official prices, as well as grayed-out prelim set box to get a rough idea of the size.

Grey boxes would have been nice to see, think it's best if people save images that appear in future so takedown's dont cause issues like this.

As for the prices, we already had those from another site a while back - only three sets are missing prices as of our current understanding.

70606 €9.99
70607 €19.99
70608 €34.99
70609 €34.99
70610 ?
70611 €44.99
70612 €54.99
70613 €69.99
70614 €69.99
70615 €79.99
70616 ?
70617 €109.99
Temple €129.99
70618 €169.99
City $300 USD

Edited by Scarilian

8 hours ago, legozebra said:

70606 - $14.99

70607 -  $29.99

70609 - $39.99

70611 - $54.99

70612 - $69.99

70613 - $79.99

70614 - $79.99

70615 - $89.99

70617 - $129.99

70618 - $214.99

Converted from dkk to dollars and rounded to fit regular Lego prices

Edit - it's been taken down

Converting from DKK is not really a reliable indicator of price because Danish prices tend to convert to WAY more than US prices. Denmark has some of the highest LEGO prices in the world.

28 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Converting from DKK is not really a reliable indicator of price because Danish prices tend to convert to WAY more than US prices. Denmark has some of the highest LEGO prices in the world.

I hope so, some those prices would be outrageous, Lloyd's Dragon for $70 and only 544 pieces. Ha ha no

13 hours ago, Aanchir said:

A better method of estimating international prices would be to look at other current or recent sets that have had the same Danish prices, and compare their prices in other countries. It still wouldn't necessarily be foolproof, but would give a better idea than a straight currency conversion.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it looks like the site in question took the listings down. Did anyone keep a list of the raw (unconverted) Danish prices for comparison's sake?

Edited by Lyichir

42 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

A better method of estimating international prices would be to look at other current or recent sets that have had the same Danish prices, and compare their prices in other countries. It still wouldn't necessarily be foolproof, but would give a better idea than a straight currency conversion.

EDIT: Unfortunately, it looks like the site in question took the listings down. Did anyone keep a list of the raw (unconverted) Danish prices for comparison's sake?

Once I get back to my computer, I can check my history and see what exact DKK values I typed in and converted.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:45 AM, legozebra said:

70606 - $14.99
70607 -  $29.99
70609 - $39.99
70611 - $54.99
70612 - $69.99
70613 - $79.99
70614 - $79.99
70615 - $89.99
70617 - $129.99
70618 - $214.99

So all that's left is to figure out which set is what? I'd expect Zane's tank to be in the $70-$90 price range

Edited by gamejutzu

On 19/04/2017 at 7:56 PM, gamejutzu said:

So all that's left is to figure out which set is what? I'd expect Zane's tank to be in the $70-$90 price range

*Blue's are believed to be retail exclusives/D2C's
*Red's have images and all details listed for them are confirmed.

1. 70606 GA - €9.99
  2. 70607 TT - €19.99
  3. 70608 SA - €34.99
  4. 70609 MP - €34.99
  5. 70610 JS (Believed to be retail exclusive Garmadon Shark Mech - Shark Mech was confirmed by Just2good as being a retailer exclusive)
  6. 70611 SC - €44.99
  7. 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon (Lloyd's Dragon) - €54.99, 544 pieces, at least three figures (Lloyd, Sensei Wu and Garmadon + additional figures?)
  8. 70613 NW - €69.99 (Believed to be Nya's Vehicle)
  9. 70614 JJ - €69.99 (Believed to be Jay's Vehicle)
  10. 70615 (Kai's Mech) - €79.99, 6 minfigures (Kai, Zane, Male citizen, female citizen, shark suit villain, jellyfish bowl villain)
  11. 70616 ZT (Believed to be Zane's vehicle)
  12. 70617 BS - €109.99 (Believed to be Garmadon's Hammerhead shark mech - Sir Von Lego confirmed that the Hammerhead shark mech would be a set)
  13. Temple - €129.99 (Two brick built lions, 8 minifigures - Confirmed by Sir Von Lego)
  14. 70618 ??  - €169.99 (Sir Von Lego claimed this set to be the Destiny's Bounty)
  15. 70620 - $300 USD (Kevii23 claimed this set (the D2C) to be the Destiny's Bounty, though rumours believe this to be the Ninjago City)
  16. Juniors Ninjago Movie set (Confirmed by Just2good)
  17. 71019 CMF Ninjago Movie Polybags

Seems we have a bit of a contradiction on whether the Destiny's Bounty is the $300 USD D2C set or the €169.99 normal release set. I think its more likely that the €169.99 will be the Destiny's Bounty while the $300 USD will be the rumoured Ninjago City. Other than that, everything seems to be lining up now.

Four confirmed set descriptions with no specific identity;
- A bridge over a river, 4 minifigures (Lord G., red Ninja, sceleton and Wu)   (Confirmed by Sir Von Lego)
- A blue flying vehicle with looks like an animal (insects)   (Confirmed by Sir Von Lego)
- The Manta-Ray flying vehicle from the trailers  (Confirmed by reports from the toyfair)
- The white police "golf club car", part of a small scene set with street light in Asian style, a building with looks like a market stand and 5 minifigures  (Confirmed by Sir Von Lego)

if Cole's Mech is not a retailer exclusive then it would have to be '70611 SC' in order to be somewhat in-scale with the other sets. Otherwise it's not in this wave. A similar situation with Zane's Tank if its not '70616 ZT'

Edited by Scarilian

21 hours ago, Scarilian said:

if Cole's Mech is not a retailer exclusive then it would have to be '70611 SC' in order to be somewhat in-scale with the other sets. Otherwise it's not in this wave. A similar situation with Zane's Tank if its not '70616 ZT'

Tragic Banjo already confirmed that Cole's Mech isn't in this wave, didn't he? 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Tragic Banjo already confirmed that Cole's Mech isn't in this wave, didn't he? 

I think so, not sure - most of the list is copied from the previous list so it's possible he confirmed it was in a different wave at some point between the set list's i've been compiling.

So this just appeared. It seems in line with the sets confirmed here. I'm assuming that these are the 10 wide release sets.

Edited by LegoShroom

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

So this just appeared. It seems in line with the sets confirmed here.

I think those might be the set names because they all sound legit 

Edited by LuxorV
No need to quote videos. Thanks.

Destiny's Bounty is the biggest set. Destiny's Bounty is the biggest set. Destiny's Bounty is the biggest set. Destiny's Bounty is the biggest set. Destiny's Bounty is the biggest set.

Oh boy.

Just gimme pictures. That's all I want.

I'd suffice for another trailer, but oh my goodness I can't wait.

3 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

So this just appeared. It seems in line with the sets confirmed here. I'm assuming that these are the 10 wide release sets.

Edited the list with the recent names - names do not appear to have a source other than brickset however align with previous speculation - so please be aware they may not be accurate.

*Blue's are believed to be retail exclusives/D2C's
*Red's have images and all details listed for them are confirmed.

1. 70606 Spinjitzu Training - €9.99
  2. 70607 Ninjago City Chase - €19.99
  3. 70608 Master Falls - €34.99
  4. 70609 Manta Ray Bomber - €34.99
  5. 70610 JS (Believed to be retail exclusive Garmadon walking shark/Shark Mech)
  6. 70611 Water Strider - €44.99
  7. 70612 Green Ninja Mech Dragon (Lloyd's Dragon) - €54.99, 544 pieces, at least three figures (Lloyd, Sensei Wu and Garmadon + additional figures?)
  8. 70613 NW - €69.99 (Believed to be Nya's Vehicle)
  9. 70614 Lightning Jet - €69.99 (Believed to be Jay's Vehicle)
  10. 70615 Fire Mech - €79.99, 6 minfigures (Kai, Zane, Male citizen, female citizen, shark suit villain, jellyfish bowl villain)
  11. 70616 ZT (Believed to be retailer exclusive Zane's vehicle)
  12. 70617 Temple Of The Ultimate - €109.99 (Sir Von Lego mentioned a temple priced at €129.99 Two brick built lions, 8 minifigures - it may be this set as prices may have changed)
  13. 70618 Destiny's Bounty  - €169.99
  14. 70620 - $300 USD (Rumours believe this to be the Ninjago City which would be a D2C set)
  15. Juniors Ninjago Movie set (Confirmed by Just2good)
  16. 71019 CMF Ninjago Movie Polybags

Notes;
    - Sir Von Lego confirmed Garmadon's Hammerhead Shark mech - though the exact set is unknown its believed to come out in the first wave
    - Just2Good confirmed Garmadon's walking shark (Shark Mech) as a retail exclusive - though the exact set is unknown its believed to come out in the first wave
    - Tragic Banjo may have confirmed that Cole's Mech isn't in this wave

Glad to see the set list! Very interesting that the smallest set is called Spinjitzu Training which confirms that the Ninjas will actually have Spinjitzu powers :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

70613 NW - €69.99 (Believed to be Nya's Vehicles

- Just2Good confirmed Garmadon's walking shark (Shark Mech) as a retail exclusive - though the exact set is unknown its believed to come out in the first wave

I don't remember saying it's a retail exclusive, it is 70613 though.

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Two brick built lions

Why Lego?! We have a big cat mould now :wacko:
There is a lot of animal names in the sets; manta ray, shark, hammerhead shark, jellyfish etc. Do anyone know if we get some moulded animals, preferably new ones :wink: