Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

As I've got a few questions about the sets and if I can say anything more specific thing about them. Well I don't want to do that direct, but I can tell you guys that everything BZPower says is correct and that the above quote should give you enough info about half of the wave. ;) 

On a personal note: The sets intrigued me so much that I'm even interested in buying older sets while before Ninjago didn't bother me at all. 

I believe BZPower will be doing a summary of the sets later this week (or next week) - so its possible that we can discuss them... unless you've got a restriction. I think it was just imagery that NYTF was trying to avoid because of companies copying the designs. Hopefully whoever you are querying with will give you the go-ahead to talk about them.

Thanks for confirming a few of the sets though :)

Hopefully the mech's are good.

Edited by Scarilian

21 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I believe BZPower will be doing a summary of the sets later this week (or next week) - so its possible that we can discuss them... unless you've got a restriction. I think it was just imagery that NYTF was trying to avoid because of companies copying the designs. Hopefully whoever you are querying with will give you the go-ahead to talk about them.

Thanks for confirming a few of the sets though :)

Hopefully the mech's are good.

She/he has already done the summary.

From BZPower:

The LEGO Ninjago Movie

The first wave of sets for this fall's The LEGO Ninjago Movie were on display at Toy Fair and they were awesome. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take any pictures. More unfortunately, I was expecting information about the sets to be in the press guide we received, as such sets have almost always been in the past, but no such luck there either. So what I'm going to do is answer some of the most common questions I received over social media the past few days and go through the movie trailer and let you know what in the trailer I saw as a set and what I didn't.

A lot of people want to know about minifigs. The ninja, Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane, Lloyd, and Nya were all there, and they matched the look of the trailer pretty well. Garmadon and Wu were also present, but I don't recall seeing Koko (but I could have just missed or overlooked her). Several of the sets have hapless citizens who need saving. Most of the bad guys had a sea-faring vibe. There were some who were straight-up sailors, and others that looked like sailors being controlled by sea life, perhaps? The shark costume from the collectible minifigs was reused, and then there were at least two new minifig headgear that reminded me of the Alien Conquest alien head, but one was a puffer fish and the other more of a generic fish.

Now, as I go through this trailer, I'll give the time codes for where to look for the things I'm talking about. So read and watch along! The flying ships at around 0:22 have a set, and look like a big manta ray. Lloyd's dragon, first seen around 0:34 is a set, but is scaled down a bit. There's lots of sand green and I distinctly remember two new-looking pieces used as part of the dragon head. You can see the shark-guys and some of the others I mentioned above at 0:36. We first see the rest of the Ninjago vehicles starting at around 0:40. Kai's mech is a set and is awesome. It's very large, but still seems scaled down a bit from the trailer. There was no set shown for Cole's one-wheeled mech. The four-legged mech, piloted by Zane in the trailer, is a set. I could be remembering wrong, but I feel like the set was black and piloted by Cole though. If I'm right, my guess would be that things changed in the movie or the sets after the first draft models were built, and hopefully they'll be reconciled by the time they're both out this fall. The ship floating in the background is piloted by Jay and from what I can tell looks pretty close to the set version. To the disappointment of many, the shark first clearly seen at around 0:47 did not have a set on display, but there's always later waves we could get. I don't remember seeing the other smaller ships (at 1:04) either. At 1:28, you can see Destiny's Bounty, which is a set and is huge and awesome. Probably the biggest and best version we've gotten as a set so far. There's a tank/treaded vehicle that I think was in the background earlier but can be more clearly seen at 2:11 - I don't remember seeing a set version of it. Also, no giant hangar or recliner for Kai's mech.

In addition to what I pointed out in the trailer, there were also some non-vehicle playsets. They were on the smaller side, and I remember one featured Sensei Wu. Overall all of the designs were well done and probably some of the best Ninjago sets we've gotten to date. I'm excited for you all to see them when pictures are finally released!

I think everyone who was at the event Saturday morning was excited to see the sets based on The LEGO Ninjago Movie and disappointed when we couldn't take pictures. Everyone I talked to, even people who were never Ninjago fans, said they looked great. Combined with the sets already out, it looks like Ninjago is going to have a solid year.

20 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

She/he has already done the summary.

17 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

From BZPower:

I'm not entirely sure what's happened here, but this contradicts a few BZP tweets about which sets were displayed and the remarks concerning them.

They mentioned we were going to get prices and names for sets... neither of which is in the recent post...

Pointing out them in the trailer is helpful, but this seems contradictory to the info we got via the BZP tweets and to the trailer itself...

E.g.
"The four-legged mech, piloted by Zane in the trailer, is a set. I could be remembering wrong, but I feel like the set was black and piloted by Cole though."
- Cole possibly piloting Nya's Walker, which the writer thought was piloted by Zane and it may or may not be black anymore.

- BZP tweets mentioned Cole having a vehicle - however we have no mention of his new vehicle in the write-up unless they mean Nya's Walker

- BZP tweets mentioning Jay having a new vehicle - however the write-up mentions having the same vehicle as the trailers.

It just feels like it was written by a different person - and because they delayed in the write-up we dont have a lot of the information promised such as the names, prices or more detailed info on the sets :/

Edited by Scarilian

On 2/19/2017 at 2:46 PM, obsidianheart said:

Yeah, the guy who posted the first pic has Ash and Skylor (-lar?} with their respective hairpieces on in his photostream. There's a bit of bitching that Syl(oa)r's hair is the wrong red, but whatever. Still looking for a set number, just sayin'.

Set number is 853687 (no, I'm not the instagram user who posted the picture but I do have the pack)

GczMdXe.png

1 minute ago, Cyclone_37 said:

Edited by ultiminutes
can't figure out how to delete the post, the BZpower statement is being discussed up top.

I'm pretty sure the "walker" vehicle is Nya's Walker, and perhaps they mistook Nya for Cole as they both wear a darker garb. I'm sure Zane's tank, the Shark, and Cole's mech are coming, but they'll probably be retailer exclusives or D2Cs perhaps... in the second wave

Edited by legozebra

5 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I'm pretty sure the "walker" vehicle is Nya's Walker, and perhaps they mistook Nya for Cole as they both wear a darker garb. I'm sure Zane's tank and Cole's mech are coming, but they'll probably be retailer exclusives or D2Cs perhaps...

Don't forget, we have the wave after this one. Maybe they did not want to release all of the ninja's vehicles at once. Also, retail exclusives almost always seem to be things that are not as important as the key sets. Including a main character's only vehicle in a retail exclusive set seems like something Lego would not do. I say we will see both of those vehicles as well as Garmadon's shark in the next wave after this one.

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Don't forget, we have the wave after this one. Maybe they did not want to release all of the ninja's vehicles at once. Also, retail exclusives almost always seem to be things that are not as important as the key sets. Including a main character's only vehicle in a retail exclusive set seems like something Lego would not do. I say we will see both of those vehicles as well as Garmadon's shark in the next wave after this one.

Oh, right, there's that second wave. That's probably where the other vehicles are

23 minutes ago, legozebra said:

I'm pretty sure the "walker" vehicle is Nya's Walker, and perhaps they mistook Nya for Cole as they both wear a darker garb.

^This

I'm sure Zane's tank and Cole's mech are coming, but they'll probably be retailer exclusives or D2Cs perhaps...

There will be a second wave I'm sure. Won't be until next year, but I'm sure it'll come.

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm not entirely sure what's happened here, but this contradicts a few BZP tweets about which sets were displayed and the remarks concerning them.

They mentioned we were going to get prices and names for sets... neither of which is in the recent post...

Pointing out them in the trailer is helpful, but this seems contradictory to the info we got via the BZP tweets and to the trailer itself...

E.g.
"The four-legged mech, piloted by Zane in the trailer, is a set. I could be remembering wrong, but I feel like the set was black and piloted by Cole though."
- Cole possibly piloting Nya's Walker, which the writer thought was piloted by Zane and it may or may not be black anymore.

- BZP tweets mentioned Cole having a vehicle - however we have no mention of his new vehicle in the write-up unless they mean Nya's Walker

- BZP tweets mentioning Jay having a new vehicle - however the write-up mentions having the same vehicle as the trailers.

It just feels like it was written by a different person - and because they delayed in the write-up we dont have a lot of the information promised such as the names, prices or more detailed info on the sets :/

Yeah, it sounds weird.

On 2/19/2017 at 2:46 PM, obsidianheart said:

There's a bit of bitching that Syl(oa)r's hair is the wrong red, but whatever.

I think it has to do with the lighting in Tournament of Element season - sometimes it is darker than usual.

I always thought her hair is the classic red (bright red) because there are only 2 opaque shades of red in LEGO 2016/2017 colour palette -- Skylor's red hair has always been brighter than her arm sleeves so it should be the bright red.

Spoiler

Even in the latest season, the colour is consistent.

pWxqxAX.png

On 2/20/2017 at 6:29 PM, pawcanada said:

I'm curious to know if the Skylor suit is meant to compliment the Summer 2016 figures or the Winter 2017 ones. Either way I'm glad we've got another fig of her and I'm aiming to grab one as soon as possible. I do think it's a shame she doesn't have a head wrap like the other ninjas, as I think it would have looked great in yellow/orange and brown.

It is supposed to be a follow-up to the original Skylor design released in 2015 Tournament of Elements (she already has bright light orange headwrap). You can say it is supposed to compliment the Possession & Skybound season where she made an appearance too.

23 hours ago, ultiminutes said:

Sharing this since there is some passing interest in the battlepack

Shadow looks kinda different from the show, but he does looks very cool!

Edited by Peppermint_M
Picture Quotes!

Does anyone know how to get the battle pack in Europe?! I never see these in any store :sceptic:

To the Ninjago movie: I wonder if Lloyds dragon will still look good with moled jawpieces, as it sounds like...
I just can't see any Destinys bounty topping the last one. It's my favourite set till today. Even if it would cost 150 bucks - what could they possibly do better in that price range?

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:53 AM, ultiminutes said:

Sharing this since there is some passing interest in the battlepack

Oh these are perfect. Skylor looks fantastic, and the other Masters are actually really accurate to the show.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Does anyone know how to get the battle pack in Europe?! I never see these in any store :sceptic:

Someone earlier in this thread said something about a 1st of March release date, so I'm going to start browsing the sites after then. The number is 853687-1 which should help when it comes to finding it at launch.

6 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

To the Ninjago movie: I wonder if Lloyds dragon will still look good with moled jawpieces, as it sounds like...
I just can't see any Destinys bounty topping the last one. It's my favourite set till today. Even if it would cost 150 bucks - what could they possibly do better in that price range?

Well looking at the previous versions below, a price increase to about $150 would probably increase the piece count to around 1500 and have a minimum of nine figures

Its worth noting that the size of the ship has not increased much in the previous versions however the detail of the ship has increased. So we could potentially see a more detailed version of the ship potentially stretched a bit to allow more space for figures.

Destiny's Bounty £59.99 / $79.99 / 79.99€

9446-1.jpg?201110210248

Figures; 6
Builds; Destiny's Bounty, Snake pillar
Pieces; 680

Final Flight Of Destiny's Bounty £99.99 / $119.99 / 83.99 €

70738-1.jpg?201604050818
Figures; 9
Pieces; 1253
Builds; Destiny's Bounty, Dragon, Tool Rack

==================================================================

LEGO-Ninjago-Movie-Destinys-Bounty.png
Honestly with the style of ship it is, i'm expecting a build similar to below, perhaps with the addition of a cabin;

Pirate Ship Ambush; £89.99 / $99.99 / 99.99€

79008-1.jpg?201302101044

Figures; 9
Pieces; 756
Builds; Pirate Ship, Catapult