Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

51 minutes ago, makoy said:

Ok, so before we do more hinting on what's coming out for The LEGO Ninjago Movie, I'm going back to the accessory pack once again because this set was discovered in Singapore.

See the hairpieces on the packaging.

Yeah, the guy who posted the first pic has Ash and Skylor (-lar?} with their respective hairpieces on in his photostream. There's a bit of bitching that Syl(oa)r's hair is the wrong red, but whatever. Still looking for a set number, just sayin'.

2 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Guys- i have a theory- remember that leaked zombie-like shark piece? It's from Ninjago movie!

Nope. It's too violent for Lego Ninjago Movie.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. It's too violent for Lego Ninjago Movie.

The Shark is probably not going to be for the Lego Ninjago Movie given its a 'Zombie/Ghost Shark' instead of just a Shark, and is much more likely going to be from the POTC set (Or a promotion related to the POTC theme)  OR in the worst case scenario it was abandoned late in production and wont be appearing in anything.

With that said, the shark itself however is not 'too violent' for the Ninjago movie. Both the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie had darker moments, normally revolving around a character dying or potentially sacrificing themself. In the trailer alone we saw Cole and Kai both killing Aquatic villain, one was crushed to death, the other burned alive before exploding. Granted they were in the vehicles at the time, but its definitely trying to be a lot more violent in regards to how the Ninja take down their enemies. Lloyd used his sword to effectively slice someone straight from bottom to top.

A comical Zombie/Ghost shark could fit into this is there were Zombie/Ghost Aquatic creatures in the movie, though as mentioned, currently we've only seen regular Aquatic creatures so for that reason we probably wont see the Zombie/Ghost shark in the Ninjago movie.

8 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

The fact that the name of the account is "delta.customs" makes it questionable to me

He's credible. He's actually on here but doesn't show up in this neck of the woods often.

Well, there's a thing that I need to own that I didn't know existed an hour ago.

EDIT: It's starting to look like this is a prototype of something that was going to be included with the Silent Mary PotC5 set, but was nixed sometime in the past 2 months, and that sucks.

Edited by obsidianheart

Maybe this is not a zombie shark, but a robot 

Edited by Robert8

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, since I don't know what theme they're from, but I found some of those zombie sharks for sale from Chinese sellers, which makes me wonder if they are indeed a cancelled part of that PotC5 set, or an element of a heretofore unseen release.

FBTB has confirmed that the Lego Ninjago Movie sets were displayed at NYTF. According to FBTB:

Sets based on the upcoming The LEGO Ninjago Movie were present, but, again, no photography of those sets were allowed. And let me just say, those sets looked fantastic! I don’t think I’ve ever bought a single Ninjago set in my life, but these will break me. There will be a lot of sets and they all look very well detailed from the biggest right down to the smallest sets.

That shark is supposed to be from the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie.  There are ghost/zombie pirates and sharks like the one shown above in the trailer but they weren't seen with the new set.  The box wasn't shown so people are still hoping the shark is in the set. 

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

" Kai’s Mech in particular, since I like robots. That and the blue ship whose name escapes me remind me of the old Exo Force theme. I wish I could talk more about these sets and show you guys pictures but alas, they were embargoed for God knows what reason."

"I look forward to getting my hands on Kai’s gigantic mech. "

I can only go to the conclusion that the 'Blue Ship' is either an unfinished/unpainted Destiny's Bounty OR Jay's vehicle.

Though the remarks about Kai's mech are a bit confusing... given other remarks about it being scaled down.

Edited by Scarilian

32 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I can only go to the conclusion that the 'Blue Ship' is either an unfinished/unpainted Destiny's Bounty OR Jay's vehicle.

Though the remarks about Kai's mech are a bit confusing... given other remarks about it being scaled down.

Note that the writer is not a Ninjago fan, so he wouldn't be familiar with past sets. Just because he's impressed by Kai's mech doesn't mean that it's going to be as large or detailed as what the trailer showed us.

In other words... I'm not gonna keep my hopes up, because I don't want to be disappointed. :tongue:

I'm curious to know if the Skylor suit is meant to compliment the Summer 2016 figures or the Winter 2017 ones. Either way I'm glad we've got another fig of her and I'm aiming to grab one as soon as possible. I do think it's a shame she doesn't have a head wrap like the other ninjas, as I think it would have looked great in yellow/orange and brown.

I've never understood why they disallow photography in toy fair events. I understand they want to release information on their terms but surely it would only help but excite fans for them to get a sneak peak before they're officially revealed. I guess it's never made sense to me why they're not willing to show them off first chance to get; the sooner I see them the more excited I get.

Edited by pawcanada

Remember, the toy fair isn't as much for fans as it is for potential retailers. So whilst retailers need to see the products, hence it is mandatory to have them on displsy, it isn't necessary for fans. We'll see them in good time- probably with the next trailer (my guess is in 2-3 months for our first reveal). Not even the batman sets were shown to the public this early. I think that the first reveals were at SDCC 6 months and a week before the sets released worldwide. So mid-march is the earliest possible time in accordance with TLBM reveals.

Edited by LegoShroom

44 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Remember, the toy fair isn't as much for fans as it is for potential retailers. So whilst retailers need to see the products, hence it is mandatory to have them on displsy, it isn't necessary for fans.

Ahh my mistake. I've always seen them as being for fans, similar to what's shown at Comic Con (for example) instead of retailers. Thank you for the clarification.

12 hours ago, Scarilian said:

"Blue Ship" would be Jay's vehicle for sure.  Kai's mech remarks are confusing as we have one account that said it was downsized and this one that said it was huge....

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, Scarilian said:

BZPower made vague remarks about potentially doing a write-up or revealing information about the Ninjago Movie sets, but then removed the tweets confirming Lloyd's Dragon and denying the shark set.

They seem to be the only place that may give us details...

BZ Power has been answering all kinds of questions on their Twitter account.  They mentioned that Lloyd's dragon, size wise, looked to have been around a $60-$70 set. 

So BzPower posted her/his ninjago report on her/his channel, and though it doesn't tell us much, she/he does mention that the spider mech is a set- she/he does call it Zane's vehicle however which I've just taken as a mistake on her/his part. Anyhow she/he did say that the white tank wasn't there so that's some food for thought.

Edited by LegoShroom

Ya they were on display. CM4Sci actually noticed it in a picture: 

Ninjago Movie sets at NYTF

My apologies if that picture isn't allowed. I'll take it down if its not. 

On 19-2-2017 at 0:46 AM, Scarilian said:

Was hoping that the information would be sorted into a post ASAP, but it seems the BZPower coverage will be later this week instead.

Here is what i'm getting from the posts they've made;

Sets;
1. Destiny's Bounty, Largest set shown 
2. Lloyd's Dragon, mentioned as being a good representation of what we've seen in the trailer
3. Zane's Tank
4. Kai's Mech, mentioned as being "Scaled down a bunch", apparently looks "cheaper than the rest of the sets"
5. Jay's vehicle, mentioned as being different to the one we saw in the trailer
6. Cole's vehicle, is a mech, mentioned as being different to the one we saw in the trailer
7. Ninja Training Area / Base / Dojo

As I've got a few questions about the sets and if I can say anything more specific thing about them. Well I don't want to do that direct, but I can tell you guys that everything BZPower says is correct and that the above quote should give you enough info about half of the wave. ;) 

On a personal note: The sets intrigued me so much that I'm even interested in buying older sets while before Ninjago didn't bother me at all.