Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

On 2017/2/10 at 3:16 AM, Thy said:

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted it, but the website is already online :

http://www.legoninjago.com/

The whole synopsis thing for the movie in this website is pretty much the same with what we've received before, except one thing, spinjitzu. It seems like spinjitzu has finally be confirmed for the movie!

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Am I the only one who thought of this with that dragon mech?

Image result for power rangers dragon mech

No, you're not. I thought also thought of Ryusei Oh.

Totally agree with the above. In fact, I'm hoping there is another element borrowed from Power Rangers, in a combination of their vehicles.

I touch upon it in this trailer analysis I made. Absolutely LOVE the vehicle designs. Zane's tank is incredible.

I've been a fan of ninjago for the show. But never got into the sets so this movie gives me a clean slate. I hope I can get the six ninjas, wu and garmadon, hopefully cheap and with hairpieces

Managed to get a long retired set that was on the shelf and discounted at my local LEGO store.  They've had 5 Ninja DB X's on the shelf discounted down to $63.99 for about 5 months now.  I was there last week trying to complete my Batman movie minifigure set and they STILL had 5 on the shelf.  So I go back this past weekend to get one and to get the Disco/Clown Batman polybag and they only had 2 left.  So in a 9 day period, they sold 3 of the ones on the shelf that had been there for almost 5 months.  I was relieved that I got one before they were gone.

Looking forward to the sets end of this week. I hope we also get some civilian (side) builds, like the ramen cart as seen in the trailer, or other things that we do not usually get. I'd be dissappointed if there would be no traditional ninja stuff of some sort.

Sorry for going completely off-topic here, but I just wanted to share an image that got recently added on the LU wiki: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/legouniverse/images/2/26/Earth_ninja_painting.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170202222052 Snake dragon ninja for the win! :wink: 

Just now, Exetrius said:

Snake Dragon does look epic :3

4 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

I've been a fan of ninjago for the show. But never got into the sets so this movie gives me a clean slate. I hope I can get the six ninjas, wu and garmadon, hopefully cheap and with hairpieces

Lloyd should be easy to get, he's the main character in this film and chances are high that he'll be in multiple sets. Wu or Garmadon are my best for the more difficult to acquire. Fingers crossed we'll see them in five or so days.

On 11/02/2017 at 11:15 PM, Robert8 said:

Am I the only one who thought of this with that dragon mech?

Can see the resemblence, think that both are intended to draw inspiration from Japanese dragons. Making the dragon mechanical was probably done so that it could be injured or have pieces lost during battles without people worrying about it being alive. Given the structure of the Lego movies we've seen at the moment a 'defeat' scene where one or more mech's are destroyed seems likely.

4 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

Totally agree with the above. In fact, I'm hoping there is another element borrowed from Power Rangers, in a combination of their vehicles.

I dont believe that Ninjago is borrowing elements from Power Rangers, however, as mentioned prior i would be interested in seeing them combine to show they are a team. Especially given Lloyd seems to be acting a bit seperately from the group and has a lot to go through, learning to work as a team could be nice. I currently plan on getting all the main Ninja vehicles they do for this line so combining them is definitely something i am interested in attempting.

From the trailer, it doesn't look like the Ninja's vehicles can combine in any way.  At least not in terms of them all combining together to form some sort of super-robot or gestalt.  You might see something like Kai's mech riding on top of Zane's tank or Jay's vehicle becoming a jetpack for Cole's mech or something like that though.   

As for photo's based on previous year's toy fair's you will see them online on Saturday.  There is a very slight chance that you might see them earlier either by way of an official press release from Lego or pics of their booth/display being set up that make it online.  Either way, not long now!  

I'm very curious to see how much "downsizing" is involved in the actual sets vs. the movie.  As I mentioned earlier, they will want to spread the Ninja's vehicles around different price points for the sets.  Having looked at the photos again, I'm pretty certain that Nya, Jay and Kai will end up with smaller vehicles/sets and Cole, Zane and Lloyd will end up with larger vehicles/sets. 

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

@Scarilian 

Yeah, i hope even some variant of garmadon, even the pjs one in the phone call scene, is in the cmf series

Makes sense that they will probably include a Garmadon variant, i'm also expecting afro-fiancé and the bride - though not interested in getting those.

3 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

I'm very curious to see how much "downsizing" is involved in the actual sets vs. the movie.  As I mentioned earlier, they will want to spread the Ninja's vehicles around different price points for the sets.  Having looked at the photos again, I'm pretty certain that Nya, Jay and Kai will end up with smaller vehicles/sets and Cole, Zane and Lloyd will end up with larger vehicles/sets. 

Nya's vehicle set if kept in scale with the movie would effectively be the 'Striking Venom'
Cole's vehicle set if kept in scale with the movie would effectively be the 'Ultra Stealth Raider'

The rest are difficult to place.

I could see the scaling down of Zane's tank quite a bit, for one its got four rows of tank treads (two on either side)
Kai's mech could go virtually anywhere. kind of expecting it to be the middle-ground that most people will buy, Garmadon's shark vehicle would probably be around the same middle pricing point.
Jay's flying vehicle seems to be fairly far back in the group shots, so not expecting that to be given a large set.
Lloyd's dragon is ridiculous in scale and detail and he's the main character so chances are it'll be the most expensive set.

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

@Scarilian 

Yeah, i hope even some variant of garmadon, even the pjs one in the phone call scene, is in the cmf series

I'm thinking PJ versions of both Garmadons are all but confirmed. Probably "civvie" versions of the Ninja, standout evil mooks, and maybe a few classmates as well.

These vehicles especially Red Mech and Dragon looks fabulous, I only hope they will not be smaller in set form.

70606 Ninjago Movie 1 GA

70607 Ninjago Movie 2 TT

70608 Ninjago Movie 3 SA

70609 Ninjago Movie 4 MP

70610 Ninjago Movie 5 JS

70611 Ninjago Movie 6 SC

70612 Ninjago Movie 7 LD

70613 Ninjago Movie 8 NW

70614 Ninjago Movie 9 JJ

70615 Ninjago Movie 10 KM

70616 Ninjago Movie 11 ZT

70617 Ninjago Movie 12 BS

70618 Ninjago Movie 13

70620 Ninjago Movie 14 NC

So I was speculating on what these acronyms mean and I have some theories

70606 - garmadon ambush? Could be similar to the balloon escape with main villain and hero

12 - Lloyd's dragon?

14 - Jay's jet?

15 - kai's mech?

16 - zane's tank?

17 - battle shark?

20 - ninjago city?

Just speculating so don't take it seriously but it could be an idea of what to expect

44 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

70606 Ninjago Movie 1 GA

70607 Ninjago Movie 2 TT

70608 Ninjago Movie 3 SA

70609 Ninjago Movie 4 MP

70610 Ninjago Movie 5 JS

70611 Ninjago Movie 6 SC

70612 Ninjago Movie 7 LD

70613 Ninjago Movie 8 NW

70614 Ninjago Movie 9 JJ

70618 Ninjago Movie 13

70606 - garmadon ambush? Could be similar to the balloon escape with main villain and hero

12 - Lloyd's dragon?

14 - Jay's jet?

15 - kai's mech?

16 - zane's tank?

17 - battle shark?

20 - ninjago city?

Just speculating so don't take it seriously but it could be an idea of what to expect

Set 70613 could be "Nya's Walker" , no clue as to what the earlier ones could be though. 

It is surprising however, that Cole's Mech doesn't seem to be on the list, and that the other five ninja vehicles are towards the bottom, leading me to believe that they may be larger sets.

55 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

70606 Ninjago Movie 1 GA

70607 Ninjago Movie 2 TT

70608 Ninjago Movie 3 SA

70609 Ninjago Movie 4 MP

70610 Ninjago Movie 5 JS

70611 Ninjago Movie 6 SC

70612 Ninjago Movie 7 LD

70613 Ninjago Movie 8 NW

70614 Ninjago Movie 9 JJ

70618 Ninjago Movie 13

12 - Lloyd's dragon?

14 - Jay's jet?

15 - kai's mech?

16 - zane's tank?

17 - battle shark?

20 - ninjago city?

But there are 11 sets for Summer, so 70606 to 70616.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But there are 11 sets for Summer, so 70606 to 70616.

Unless that number of 11 sets was only referring to the wide release sets and not retail exclusives. Both The Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie lines had 3 retail exclusive sets in their first waves and I don't expect the Ninjago Movie to be any different, so that brings the total number of sets to 14 which matches up with the number of sets in this list.

Just found out the Samurai X card in Dragon's Forge is a sticker :distressed:

That's going to make acquiring it that much harder. Why couldn't it be a printed piece.

47 minutes ago, JasonEffex said:

Set 70613 could be "Nya's Walker" , no clue as to what the earlier ones could be though. 

It is surprising however, that Cole's Mech doesn't seem to be on the list, and that the other five ninja vehicles are towards the bottom, leading me to believe that they may be larger sets.

Cole's mech could be set 13, since it has no name.

This movie looks amazing, especially the vehicles. Either Cole's or Kai's is my favorite . the figures look good as well, with all the ninja having distinct outfits. I'm so hyped!

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

-snip-

Spoilered speculative thoughts on the potential names;

Spoiler

70606 Ninjago Movie 1 Garmadon Ambush

70607 Ninjago Movie 2 Tentacle Terror

70608 Ninjago Movie 3 Shark Attack

70609 Ninjago Movie 4 Manta Plane

70610 Ninjago Movie 5 Jellyfish Scouter

70611 Ninjago Movie 6 Sensei Captured

70612 Ninjago Movie 7 Lloyd's Dragon

70613 Ninjago Movie 8 Nya's Walker

70614 Ninjago Movie 9 Jay's Jet

70615 Ninjago Movie 10 Kai's Mech

70616 Ninjago Movie 11 Zane's Tank

70617 Ninjago Movie 12 Battle Shark

70618 Ninjago Movie 13 Cole's Quake Roller

70620 Ninjago Movie 14 Ninjago City

Either way, as long as we get the Ninja Vehicle's i'm not too fussed. If they were revealed at the NYTF, when would they be released? Just wondering.

17 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Cole's mech could be set 13, since it has no name.

This movie looks amazing, especially the vehicles. Either Cole's or Kai's is my favorite . the figures look good as well, with all the ninja having distinct outfits. I'm so hyped!

I think Cole's is more innovative. Kai's is probably what i'd army build though.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, JasonEffex said:

Unless that number of 11 sets was only referring to the wide release sets and not retail exclusives. Both The Lego Movie and Lego Batman Movie lines had 3 retail exclusive sets in their first waves and I don't expect the Ninjago Movie to be any different, so that brings the total number of sets to 14 which matches up with the number of sets in this list.

And what with 70619? It can't be skipped.

13 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Reveal hidden contents

70606 Ninjago Movie 1 Garmadon Ambush

70607 Ninjago Movie 2 Tentacle Terror

70608 Ninjago Movie 3 Shark Attack

70609 Ninjago Movie 4 Manta Plane

70610 Ninjago Movie 5 Jellyfish Scouter

70611 Ninjago Movie 6 Sensei Captured

70612 Ninjago Movie 7 Lloyd's Dragon

70613 Ninjago Movie 8 Nya's Walker

70614 Ninjago Movie 9 Jay's Jet

70615 Ninjago Movie 10 Kai's Mech

70616 Ninjago Movie 11 Zane's Tank

70617 Ninjago Movie 12 Battle Shark

70618 Ninjago Movie 13 Cole's Quake Roller

70620 Ninjago Movie 14 Ninjago City

But names can't be two words for all of the sets. I think that that is just hint for what we will get in that set.

13 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Either way, as long as we get the Ninja Vehicle's i'm not too fussed. If they were revealed at the NYTF, when would they be released? Just wondering.

I like your suggested set names and I think you might be on to something there!

Official set release date will be either August 1st or September 1st latest.  If previous movie set line releases are any indication, the sets will be released the 1st of the month preceding the release month of the movie.  Example:  Lego Movie released Mid-February 2014, sets released January 1st.  Lego Batman Movie released February 10th, sets released January 1st.  So....Lego Ninjago Movie release date September 22nd, sets released August 1st.

In an unrelated matter, the set numbers/probable names appear to be out of sequence if you look at the traditional method of larger sets having higher numbers.  The set that we think is Lloyd's Dragon would, by that method, be the smallest ninja vehicle and we believe based on its size in the trailer that unless they really shrink it down for the set that it will likely be the largest ninja vehicle by far.  So, why does it have a set number that would make it smaller than say, Nya's walker or Jay's jet?  It's huge in the trailer.  If they make the dragon into a $20 set, I can see that there will be a lot of upset TFOLS/AFOLS! 

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And what with 70619? It can't be skipped.

To be fair the Marvel 2017 sets skip a number also (believed to be from another theme) - so its possible that 70619 might not be a Ninjago Movie set.

2 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Official set release date will be either August 1st or September 1st latest.  If previous movie set line releases are any indication, the sets will be released the 1st of the month preceding the release month of the movie.  Example:  Lego Movie released Mid-February 2014, sets released January 1st.  Lego Batman Movie released February 10th, sets released January 1st.  So....Lego Ninjago Movie release date September 22nd, sets released August 1st.

Thanks, at least i suppose we'll have time to plan purchases and things

7 minutes ago, TPLSTER21 said:

In an unrelated matter, the set numbers/probable names appear to be out of sequence if you look at the traditional method of larger sets having higher numbers.  The set that we think is Lloyd's Dragon would, by that method, be the smallest ninja vehicle and we believe based on its size in the trailer that unless they really shrink it down for the set that it will likely be the largest ninja vehicle by far.  So, why does it have a set number that would make it smaller than say, Nya's walker or Jay's jet?  It's huge in the trailer.  If they make the dragon into a $20 set, I can see that there will be a lot of upset TFOLS/AFOLS! 

1st August

7 hours ago, Ondra said:

These vehicles especially Red Mech and Dragon looks fabulous, I only hope they will not be smaller in set form.

They almost inevitably will—both are positively gigantic. The dragon in particular is substantially larger than anything we've ever seen before in the theme (including the D2C Temple of Airjitzu, and possibly even including some of the largest sets Lego has ever released in ANY theme). Kai's mech is less outrageously huge but still far bigger than a single-occupant mech like that would necessitate, especially for a set that is presumably going to be similar in scale to several of the other ninja vehicles in the same wave. The real question is how much smaller they each will be. Even reduced in size I could still see Lloyd's dragon being one of the largest sets in the wave and the biggest dragon we've ever gotten in the Ninjago theme.

Edited by Lyichir