Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

8 minutes ago, The Brick King said:

Okay, so which weapons are these? Nya has a very obvious chain-spear-thing, L-loyd has his sword, Jay has some kind of Nunchucks, Zane has a bow and arrow, Kai has two katanas, but what the heck is Cole wielding?

I think Nya has a chain on the end of a spear, likely more for detailing and Jay seems to have a spiked flail of some kind rather than his nunchucks. Outside of Kai and maybe L-loyd, no one has the same "weapon of choice" from the previous waves/series/incarnation.

23 minutes ago, pawcanada said:

I think Nya has a chain on the end of a spear

Nope. They are called tassels

56 minutes ago, makoy said:

Ahh my mistake. I've yet to get one of those pieces myself, so I thought it was short chain that had both ends put on the base of the spear to generate some kind of ornamental chain/tassel.

4 hours ago, makoy said:

I'm really excited that Lloyd seems to use those pieces in gold on the end of his swords. It should be a great color for drapes, carpets, and other fancy details (I'm a little upset they didn't use it on the corners of the magic carpet in the Disney Castle set, but in future sets they won't have that excuse).

If they adapt Lloyd's dragon into a set I will buy it in a heartbeat :wub_drool: Gorgeous!

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

RtnfwXd.png

Does this remind anyone of a Star Fox vehicle? This vehicle just looks so good. I love the light gray and translucent blue look, it makes it look really pristine. I also really dig the flags.

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

So, here are my expectations for the 11 sets we are expected to get

This was just the trailer though. It's not like we got a look at all the sets for the last 2 Lego Movie trailers.

Edited by gamejutzu

Wow!  The trailer showed quite a few potential sets!  Looking forward to seeing them at NYTF.  There is absolutely no doubt that they will be shown there.  This line is one of Lego's most important releases for 2017 and they will no doubt be putting pressure on their retail partners to place large orders of this line.  Therefore, they will have to have the sets on display for retail buyers at NYTF.

As for what we've seen in the trailer, the villains look to all be aquatic-themed - lobsters/shark/jellyfish men.  As mentioned in previous posts the armada of "flyers" are manta-ray themed and the ships that carry Garmadon's Shark-Mech are jellyfish-themed. 

As for the Ninja vehicles, for me Kai's Mech, Cole's Mech and Lloyd's Dragon (Mech?) are the standouts.  Kai's mech is totally a shout-out to Exo-Force.  As for where they might slot into the set line-up:

Kai's Mech:

think that despite it's size in the movie, this will be a smaller model and sold either on its own in a $30 (ish) set or perhaps be included as part of a larger set.  I'm hoping for the former.  Despite the fact that Kai and Cole's Mech's are similar size in the movie I don't see them releasing 2 mechs in identical or nearly identical price ranges.  They should be able to recreate Kai's mech in model form without using that many pieces as it looks to be exterior-panel-heavy.

Cole's Mech:

You can tell that this mech will have significantly more pieces than Kai's.  I see this mech being a medium-large set on it's own ($40-$60).  The mech will definitely have "standing issues" but I'm sure Lego will either employ some kind of a "kickstand" or perhaps a docking station.

Nya's Walker:

I see this being one of the smaller sets ($20-$25) or part of a larger villain set.  It looks to have a more simplified build and appears to be smaller than the other vehicles.

Zane's Tank:

Looks pretty big - might be the 2nd largest of the ninja vehicles.

Jay's Flyer:

It appears to also be a smaller model when compared to the other vehicles.  Could see this as a $20-$25 set like Nya's vehicle or part of a larger set.

"L-Loyd's" (:laugh:) Dragon (Mech?):

I assume this is a mech.  And it's definitely the largest of the ninja vehicles.  Will likely be the most or 2nd most expensive set. 

Manta Flyer:

Probably a small set ($15-ish)

Garmadon Shark Mech:

Probably the other flagship set along with Lloyd's dragon.  Will likely come with 1-4 of the jellyfish flyers to re-create the scene from the movie.

So....if there are 11 sets, maybe the lineup looks something like this.

Manta-Flyer - $15

Nya's Walker - $20

Jay's Flyer - $25

Kai's Mech - $30

Zane's Tank - $40

Cole's Mech - $60

Lloyds Dragon - $90

Garmadon Shark - $100

WIth the other 3 sets perhaps being another impulse set at $15, another $20 set (villain vehicle) and a base/building set at the upper end of the line.

That would give this line a somewhat similar lineup to the other Lego movies and there will probably be 1-2 retail exclusives thrown in as well I imagine!

I've seen the sets for the August wave and I can tell that the sets look very 'mature'. I'm not into Ninjago, but a few really got me thinking about starting this with this theme when the sets are out. 
I'll not tell much, but I've already seen some good guesses on the last page(s) and some of the sets are really easy to guess after seeing the trailer. 

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

I've seen the sets for the August wave and I can tell that the sets look very 'mature'. I'm not into Ninjago, but a few really got me thinking about starting this with this theme when the sets are out. 
I'll not tell much, but I've already seen some good guesses on the last page(s) and some of the sets are really easy to guess after seeing the trailer. 

You can't tell us if we get Kai's Mech, yeah? It looks pretty awesome and I'd love to see set with it. But okay, I hope we would get it.

Ok but without giving too much away, is Garmadon only in one set with his Shark mech?

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You can't tell us if we get Kai's Mech, yeah? It looks pretty awesome and I'd love to see set with it. But okay, I hope we would get it.

Why would we not get it? Judging from the trailer, every ninja has their own big vehicle, so why would they make exceptions?

1 hour ago, Cagast said:

Why would we not get it? Judging from the trailer, every ninja has their own big vehicle, so why would they make exceptions?

I don't know, but there probably will be second wave of sets. And I want Kai's Mech in August.

4 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Why can't you tell much? Blink twice if your'e being watched!

Also, what do you mean by 'mature'? I know you put them in parentheses, but do you mean that as in the way it's built is good, or the completed external build looks 'mature' when you look at it? 'Mature' as in something that will catch the eye of a AFOL or TFOL?

Well I can say that the sets of this movie might take me out of my "gray age". The models look really solid, and while as sets they will be scaled down, I'm really excited to see where this line of movie sets goes.

5 hours ago, MrHerofan said:

Well I can say that the sets of this movie might take me out of my "gray age". The models look really solid, and while as sets they will be scaled down, I'm really excited to see where this line of movie sets goes.

Yeah, scaling down is definitely going to be necessary. Lloyd's Dragon, assuming it is actually to scale with the Lego figures, could'nt really be set-accurate without being about 60cm in length and having a considerable amount of tail spikes. (Yes its bent in this image, so it would probably be slightly longer)
CggGztn.jpg

On 04/02/2017 at 5:19 PM, Kevii23 said:

After seeing the winter / force friday wave I can tell you guys one thing: you're in for a treat ;)

And no, just as Sir von Lego I will tell nothing more.

15 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Seems a bit of a pointless comment then;
- No confirmation of anything
- Refuses to share information
- No hints or direction towards the sets we are getting other than the obvious

If you have seen the sets, either share details or dont. Simply claiming to have seen them surely just derails the topic with people asking you to share info, and similar to the Star Wars topic, if you have no plans to share information then why bother stating you've seen them?

Alright, I was willing to give some hints but people like scarilian who can't seem to handle the fact that Lego / EB doesn't like 'leaks' and I have to be careful what I say, ruin it for the rest.

Everything I post will be seen as speculation as I don't have any real evidence and if you're familiar with the rules here: EB (moderators) don't like any kind of speculation as they also fill threads with wishlists and stuff like that. I respect the rules as I also get tired of countless wishlists.

As for the question about the mature part: they look more for display than play. More details and as you already stated; it catches the eye of an AFOL.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Seems a bit of a pointless comment then;
- No confirmation of anything
- Refuses to share information
- No hints or direction towards the sets we are getting other than the obvious

If you have seen the sets, either share details or dont. Simply claiming to have seen them surely just derails the topic with people asking you to share info, and similar to the Star Wars topic, if you have no plans to share information then why bother stating you've seen them?

I...get where you are coming from.  But, I also understand that people like Sir Von Lego and Kevii23 also have to weigh sharing info and answering questions with potentially getting into trouble with mods or getting banned from the site or worse disciplined/fired from their work or getting other disciplined/fired over giving them info in the first place.  Personally, I'm grateful for whatever info they are able to give us which, at this point, is that the sets look good, are quite detailed and will appeal to TFOL's and AFOL's.  At least they didn't say the sets look awful and not to set our expectations too high!

Alright, I was willing to give some hints but people like scarilian who can't seem to handle the fact that Lego / EB doesn't like 'leaks' and I have to be careful what I say, ruin it for the rest.

Everything I post will be seen as speculation as I don't have any real evidence and if you're familiar with the rules here: EB (moderators) don't like any kind of speculation as they also fill threads with wishlists and stuff like that. I respect the rules as I also get tired of countless wishlists.

As for the question about the mature part: they look more for display than play. More details and as you already stated; it catches the eye of an AFOL.

As I mentioned above Kevii23 thanks for sharing with us what you can and are able to.  If you don't mind me asking, further to your comment about the sets looking more "display-oriented" can you speculate as to whether or not they have a lot of action features?  For example, are stud shooters, missiles, stud-gatling guns, flip out weapons, etc. visible on the models?  Understand that you can't provide details on specific models, but in general do they look like they can "do stuff" besides roll around or be posed?  I think that mods are okay with "hints" at this point as long as no one is posting images or links to images.

Edited by TPLSTER21

3 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Alright, I was willing to give some hints but people like scarilian who can't seem to handle the fact that Lego / EB doesn't like 'leaks' and I have to be careful what I say, ruin it for the rest. Everything I post will be seen as speculation as I don't have any real evidence and if you're familiar with the rules here: EB (moderators) don't like any kind of speculation as they also fill threads with wishlists and stuff like that. I respect the rules as I also get tired of countless wishlists.

I did not 'ruin it for the rest'. You are simply abiding by the rules which you were already aware of and if you have issue with that take it up with EB (moderators), dont blame me for your decision not to share hints about leaks and potentially get banned due to the policy when you could barely give hints according to the policy by your own admission. I never mentioned the policy in my previous comment, nor did i ask for anything that breaks the policy.

All i asked was " if you have no plans to share information then why bother stating you've seen them?"

I solely questioned the strange decision you made to tell everyone you'd seen the sets and then to tell us you were'nt going to give us information. You chose to alert staff to the idea of you seeing the sets... then when asked why you said this, you kick-off, blame me and withdraw plans to give hints.

1 hour ago, TPLSTER21 said:

I...get where you are coming from.  But, I also understand that people like Sir Von Lego and Kevii23 also have to weigh sharing info and answering questions with potentially getting into trouble with mods or getting banned from the site or worse disciplined/fired from their work or getting other disciplined/fired over giving them info in the first place.  Personally, I'm grateful for whatever info they are able to give us which, at this point, is that the sets look good, are quite detailed and will appeal to TFOL's and AFOL's.  At least they didn't say the sets look awful and not to set our expectations too high!

Surely people like Sir Von Lego and Kevii23 understand that saying "I've seen the sets" automatically puts them into a more difficult position. There are other reporters on the sets who manage to find ways to give us infromation off-EB or simply a clearer message.

I'm greatful when we get clearer messages, but vague hints as to whether the sets look like they are made for kids, teens or adults that require people to question him what he meant (currently twice) are'nt the way to do it. I understand the difficulty of reporting on this, but being increasingly vague just causes speculation which apparently is disliked by EB (Moderators) - you seem to acknowledge this also as all your questions are more concrete and would give us specific details if they could be answered.

=====

Here are some weird/interesting things from the Lego Ninjago Movie trailer.

BXghNrt.png

- Robot building
- Dim Sum Restaurant
- Angry/hurt Garmadon face
- 'Ninja Girl' and 'Nya' as the first and second score in a game, Kai appears to take the other spots. Noticeably the number 5 spot is missing.
- Scissors hanging on a wall with a bunch of metallic tools
- 'Bass' logo and buttons on the command room of Cole's mech
- Noticeably grass, water, plants and tree's are all realistic, could this be signs of a shift to a more humanoid environement after the transition from Lego Water to Water from 'The Lego Movie' to 'The Lego Batman Movie'

Edited by Scarilian
Restructured for clarity + added more Ninjago talk

Alright, no more arguments please.

"Hints" and mentioning that you have seen the sets might fall foul of the rules, they will probably also put yourselves and whoever shared with you at risk of issues wit employers. Especially if you work for TLG. It does look like you just want to show off and boost your ego, not share information with fans. 

Calling people out and having a bit of a barmy with them is something that derails the thread, so I'd ask that you keep it civil. 

EB, as a forum, tries to keep a lid on leaks these days, so that we don't look like the source of issues for TLG (avoiding lawsuits would be nice, y'know?). We've got plenty to talk about from the trailers, so stick to the stuff we're allowed to know right?

Cheers. :classic: