Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, BrickJagger said:

Tragic Banjo is one of the most reliable sources on this entire site. I trust him.

Well, okey-dokey then.

5 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Do you have a way to verify that?

It was confirmed that there will be 11 sets for Summer. And list has more. And it is too early to get list for Winter Wave, and probably there will be Winter Wave.

Guess I'll finally express my opinion on the "new ninja" . And frankly, I don't like them, this is just NOT Ninjago, I know it's a re-imagine version, but that's just way too far from the original. Nya looks like a combination of Wild style and Barbara Gordon, Jay looks like he has lost all his positivity and humor, as he's described as "insecure". And Zane, that's just not Zane at all, that's just too far from the original, I mean, even Kopaka G2 looks like Kopaka Mata. I would like them if the movie isn't titled "Ninjago", the minifigures look cool, cool new molds arm printing and all, except Zane's hair though... 

Edited by NinjaJayNuva

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was confirmed that there will be 11 sets for Summer. And list has more. And it is too early to get list for Winter Wave, and probably there will be Winter Wave.

There won't be 11 sets for the summer.
I have the retailer catalog for summer and there is no Ninjago. You have to wait the movie, then movie sets will come, but it will be fall not summer.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Less or more?

Or is this because it will be the Ninjago Movie instead?

Edited by makoy

Just now, makoy said:

Less or more?

Less: zero.

Just now, makoy said:

Less or more?

Or is this because it will be the Ninjago Movie instead?

They will be ninjago movie, but in fall. No ninjago in june, july august or september

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Less: zero.

They will be ninjago movie, but in fall. No ninjago in june, july august or september

That's strange. So the sets will come out after the movie?

So, with no Summer wave, do you the members want split movie discussion, or shall I merge movie set discussion and this thread?

6 hours ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Jay looks like he has lost all his positivity and humor, as he's described as "insecure".

And Zane, that's just not Zane at all, that's just too far from the original, I mean, even Kopaka G2 looks like Kopaka Mata.

Actually, Jay is insecure. He hides his fear with jokes.

I dunno, to be honest something about Zane makes him the most accurate one in my opinion. I mean look at him. He has a radio on him just like his HoT figure, his outfit kind of looks like the one from Rebooted (and reminds me of Dr. Julien), and his hair is the most accurate out of all of them.

4 hours ago, Sunset550 said:

Kai: Hair is way to big, head looks awful, has a bandage on his face!

I think the bandage thing is only temporary, like he got into a fight or something. After all, we don't see it on his minifigure. I dunno, I kind of like how they're making him a delinquent-like character.

I dislike a lot of the designs too, but try and look at the positives as well.

1 hour ago, JasonEffex said:

new

:o That actually looks pretty nice

Edited by gamejutzu

Teaser looks good I guess, but all ninja except for Nya still looks way too different! I hope Movie is good, but I can't get behind new designs for the ninja! If that's their minifigures design than I'll only be buying one set with Lord Garmadon, at least he looks good.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

So, with no Summer wave, do you the members want split movie discussion, or shall I merge movie set discussion and this thread?

I see no reason to split them up. Still Ninjago, still 2017.

You know, the mechanical squid things look like they have underwater capabilities.  Along with the mention of Garmadon using a mechanical shark combined with how the other baddie looks like some type Atlantis fish-bowl dweller, I feel that the bad side with have an aquatic feel to it.  It may make sense as it would allow them to bring in those Kaiju elements whom often came from the water and such.

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I have the retailer catalog for summer and there is no Ninjago. You have to wait the movie, then movie sets will come, but it will be fall not summer.

Oh my god, I am talking about Lego Ninajgo Movie sets. They will come probably in September or August. September and August are Summer, if you don't know.

3 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

That's strange. So the sets will come out after the movie?

That is indeed strange.

Star Wars Rogue One and LEGO Batman movie sets came out in advance before the movie. Why is this not a thing with Ninjago? Is that only for the US/EU, @Itaria No Shintaku ?

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I suggest that discussion of sets and other stuff related to the physical bricks is in this thread only, and plot, concept, etc. goes in the movie thread.

I actually really like the ninja outfits and especially love Wu and Garmadon - the only things I'm not really digging are the "horde villains." I'm not quite sure why, but they look a bit bland - just generic villains with astronaut dome heads. Maybe I'm spoiled by TLBM, but the lack of interesting and varied enemies is a bit unfortunate. Would have prefered evil ninja, samurai, or even Serpentine to this. Perhaps more is to be revealed, though.

Long time lurker, first time poster, here in my favorite theme's topic. I genuinely like the look of the figures we've seen so far. I think every character's personality has been accurately captured and I'm excited to see how they look "in the brick". And, if TLM and TLBM are anything to go off of, I think we can definitely expect alternate outfits and facial expressions for the main characters. 

26 minutes ago, legozebra said:

the only things I'm not really digging are the "horde villains." I'm not quite sure why, but they look a bit bland - just generic villains with astronaut dome heads.

I think there definitely will be a larger variety of villains in the movie. Keep in mind that we've seen maybe 5 seconds of villains on screen in the teaser. Part of Ninjago's charm is its zany and diverse villain lineup. I highly doubt the designers would want to reduce any "bad guy" army to a bunch of clones. 

Edited by Rolyat24

1 hour ago, Rolyat24 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster, here in my favorite theme's topic. I genuinely like the look of the figures we've seen so far. I think every character's personality has been accurately captured and I'm excited to see how they look "in the brick". And, if TLM and TLBM are anything to go off of, I think we can definitely expect alternate outfits and facial expressions for the main characters. 

I think there definitely will be a larger variety of villains in the movie. Keep in mind that we've seen maybe 5 seconds of villains on screen in the teaser. Part of Ninjago's charm is its zany and diverse villain lineup. I highly doubt the designers would want to reduce any "bad guy" army to a bunch of clones. 

I agree, which is why I mentioned there's probably more to come... It would be awesome if they went all-out and had villains representing all past waves of Ninjago - snakes working with Nindroids, ghosts, sky pirates, etc would be the ultimate dream

This is pretty random, but I wonder if we'll have any civilian mini figures in the sets. That is probably the only thing I don't like about the mainstream Ninjago sets; there is next to nobody to protect.

The teaser trailer posted on Facebook earlier today actually gave us a look (I'm assuming) at one of the upcoming sets.  That being the small villain flyers.  They look like they are different from the ones that were shown in the Lord Garmadon still shot a few days ago. The ship design itself is an interesting mix of styles with both modern and vintage elements.  They look on the smallish-side though, so  either they would be sold on their own as a small set or packaged into a larger one.  Looking forward to the full trailer tomorrow and seeing some more potential sets. 

8 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Please split them.

We don't need to have TV show discussion intermixed with movie discussion.

I mean the Lego Batman Movie thread is separate form the DC Super Heroes thread, yes?