Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

14 hours ago, Karateduo1 said:

I think it is an egg.  Or meant to look like an egg, cause that's where the snakes come from in the sets and probably the show.

It's the Time Twins' main base in the swamp.

12 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

Did a quick google search on the "new" set names (the 'HoT' one specifically as it was recently discussed above) and found this: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138287535@N03/32004837912/in/dateposted-public/

Not sure if it's real, but found it interesting.

Seems fake to me - as CM4Sci (RIP) pointed out, it says Lego Star Wars...

21 minutes ago, legozebra said:

It's the Time Twins' main base in the swamp.

Seems fake to me - as CM4Sci (RIP) pointed out, it says Lego Star Wars...

Sci is right, and if you look at it closely the name has clearly been smudged out. I'm calling fake on this.

Edited by BrickJagger

Don't know if this means anything, but the Hageman Brothers retweeted a news article with the rumored Ninjago Movie set list...

Don't know if this confirms their legitimacy, but it's extremely strange for any official Lego employee to retweet a leaked list, which makes me think there may be some truth to it...

Hageman Bros retweet Leaked Set List

Note the "Dan and Kevin Hageman Retweeted"

Edited by legozebra

On 07/01/2017 at 6:21 PM, legozebra said:

Odd. But do the Hagemen have any hand in the set making at all? If they themselves work on the movie or sets then some names could be correct. But maybe they think that the names are real, and posted them

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please don't quote pictures

36 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Odd. But do the Hagemen have any hand in the set making at all? If they themselves work on the movie or sets then some names could be correct. But maybe they think that the names are real, and posted them

They might have some contribution. According to what they said in Brent's interview, they sometimes may came out some idea for the story and they might eventually become the sets.

On 6.01.2017 at 9:54 PM, Clx_45 said:

Either CMF's or the rumored summer set for hands of time

71019 is CMF and it would be weird if it will be something like that:

70617 Lego Ninjago Movie Set

70618 Lego Ninjago Movie Set

70619 Lego Ninjago Hands of Time Summer Set

70620 Lego Ninjago Movie Set

70621 Lego Ninjago Hands of Time Set

So maybe Ninjago City Invasion is 70619 and summer hands of time set is 70620.

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

70617 Backstreet Break-in and 70620 Ninjago City Invasion sound like if they included some houses which could go well with the Temple of Airjitzu (for a eastern medieval layout). I'm curious about seeing pics.

5 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

70617 Backstreet Break-in and 70620 Ninjago City Invasion sound like if they included some houses which could go well with the Temple of Airjitzu (for a eastern medieval layout). I'm curious about seeing pics.

If Ninjago City in the movie is anything like it is in the show, buildings there would likely have a more modern metropolitan look than a medieval look. Even before all the upgrades in Season 3 ("Rebooted"), Ninjago City felt more like NYC or modern Tokyo than classic Edo.

That said, the "Battle for Ninjago City" set from the Rebooted wave was surprisingly traditional in its style compared to what we'd seen of Ninjago City in the show. So another surprise like that is certainly possible.

2 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

If Ninjago City in the movie is anything like it is in the show, buildings there would likely have a more modern metropolitan look than a medieval look. Even before all the upgrades in Season 3 ("Rebooted"), Ninjago City felt more like NYC or modern Tokyo than classic Edo.

That said, the "Battle for Ninjago City" set from the Rebooted wave was surprisingly traditional in its style compared to what we'd seen of Ninjago City in the show. So another surprise like that is certainly possible.

Ah, thanks for clarifying, Aanchir! :classic:

On 1/6/2017 at 8:23 PM, legozebra said:

If there's a HoT summer set, going by the description, it's probably this:

2HY 2017 HoT set?

Reminds me of Ogel's Underwater Base...

Huh. Maybe it's just me, but when I saw it, I assumed it was the early construction of the clock on Iron Doom (since things are much larger in the show than sets). At least that was the impression I got with it being an episode cliffhanger "grand reveal" of sorts.

7 hours ago, Aanchir said:

But the temple of fortitude was just a sort of monument. Other buildings in Ninjago don't look like that.

27 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

But the temple of fortitude was just a sort of monument. Other buildings in Ninjago don't look like that.

True, but we had no way of knowing the set would be a historic site/monument from the set name alone. The set name "Ninjago City Invasion" is just as vague, so there's no way to know that the same thing won't happen with that one.

Edited by Aanchir

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

True, but we had no way of knowing the set would be a historic site/monument from the set name alone. The set name "Ninjago City Invasion" is just as vague, so there's no way to know that the same thing won't happen with that one.

Yeah, judging from the name "Battle for Ninjago City" you wouldn't expect to get a temple. Maybe this one will follow a similar theme and have characters in one large building fighting off enemies.

6 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Yeah, judging from the name "Battle for Ninjago City" you wouldn't expect to get a temple. Maybe this one will follow a similar theme and have characters in one large building fighting off enemies.

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I can't see them releasing any non-Oriental themed building for a Ninjago set - even though the setting is a city, all the buildings for Ninjago we've gotten before have been pretty much temples - with the previously mentioned BFNC, they even had to write in a reason as to why it's a temple in the middle of the city in the TV show - so I can see them doing the same type of thing here. 

The next magazine includes Throwback Cole, with a pretty insane hammer... :laugh:

Edited by Exetrius
better video

On 1/9/2017 at 4:53 AM, Exetrius said:

And I thought they were running out of ideas... :tongue:

On 1/8/2017 at 11:34 PM, legozebra said:

I can't see them releasing any non-Oriental themed building for a Ninjago set - even though the setting is a city, all the buildings for Ninjago we've gotten before have been pretty much temples - with the previously mentioned BFNC, they even had to write in a reason as to why it's a temple in the middle of the city in the TV show - so I can see them doing the same type of thing here. 

Once we get a trailer we can probably know what to expect in the sets. Oriental or modern?

Edited by gamejutzu
Dude, seriously. Stop quoting images!

Got to say, that forge is certainly on my purchase list I like dragons and buildings and it has both! I'm not rating the other sets much though. I don't know, it just seems to be more of the same. Maybe the movie will provide some more Ninja sets, but I have to say that this wave has less sets that atract me than the Nindroid one. (IMO, not the best wave really)

I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion on the Samurai VXL.

The set is so much smaller on the box than when it's build. The steering mechanism in the vehicle is just genius.

I will say though that while building it, the vehicle is quite simple to build, which is a bit unfortunate. The price doesn't help much either.

16 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

The set is so much smaller on the box than when it's build. The steering mechanism in the vehicle is just genius.

I will say though that while building it, the vehicle is quite simple to build, which is a bit unfortunate. The price doesn't help much either.

It is on my wish list and I've been impressed with the reviews I've seen, but my anticipation for it is sort of overshadowed by my anticipation for the larger Dragon's Forge and Dawn of Iron Doom sets.

Its function is very similar to that of the classic Space Police set [url=http://brickset.com/sets/6895-1/Spy-Trak-1]Spy Trak 1[/url], but with the entire cockpit integrated with the tilt steering mechanism.

17 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Most complaints for this set are about it's main feature not working that well, the vehicle seems to make wide and broad turns. I guess people would rather see it in action than just appreciate the build. And the Machia build apparently wasn't as good as Buffmillion .

Edited by gamejutzu

4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Most complaints for this set are about it's main feature not working that well, the vehicle seems to make wide and broad turns. I guess people would rather see it in action than just appreciate the build. And the Machia build apparently wasn't as good as Buffmillion .

Yup, Machia literally cannot stand up on a flat surface even without weapons unless you push her arms backwards.