Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Went to Toys r us today and picked up the Vermillion Attack.  The printing on the figures is amazing.  Loving the Vermillion and Kai is very nice also.  The build is ok but I will end up using the parts for MOC's.  The giant snake capsule is nice and you get a lot of snakes.  I agree with you Vorkosigian I cant wait till they go on sale to build an army.   

LEGO Customer Service has added building instructions for new sets, including a new Ninjago polybag "30426 Stealthy Swamp Airboat" featuring Cole: https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6196192.pdf

All in all it's a charming little build with quite a bit of play value (spinning propellor & two stud shooters). Cole has his new costume but with a scarf and hair instead of shoulder pads and a full hood.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

LEGO Customer Service has added building instructions for new sets, including a new Ninjago polybag "30426 Stealthy Swamp Airboat" featuring Cole: https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6196192.pdf

All in all it's a charming little build with quite a bit of play value (spinning propellor & two stud shooters). Cole has his new costume but with a scarf and hair instead of shoulder pads and a full hood.

Thanks for the link! I love this polybag, it's a cheap way to get the new Cole head with the scar. Also, the build is really good. I will definitely get this.

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Nice find! It's not too attractive to me as I already have all the Fusion variants, but I do appreciate the build for what it is. Thanks!

The set Cole comes in already is pretty cheap anyways, but I guess it's a nice pick for someone who isn't much into Ninjago.

Edited by gamejutzu

It's always good to have a Cole polybag because Cole's torso is the most versatile of all the Ninjas because it is black -- you can put Cole in any MOC and he looks like a common ninja wearing black. Also, that polybag has nice parts. I'll get it when there's opportunity. :)

Edited by makoy

2 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

That Cole Polybag reminds me or Ogel Command Striker from Alpha team

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6771-1#T=S&O={}

Oh man - Nice comparison! Brings back memories...

For those curious, I took a pic of Cole's Hands of Time suit with his RX arms from the new episode which leaked today:

Cole - HoT torso with RX arms

That polybag is perfect! :cry_happy: I love the Fusion variant of Cole and it's a great way of getting him if you are not buying the 35€ (in NL) Destiny's Shadow, or like myself: are waiting for a discount. The airboat itself looks very fine as well, actually, I think it's one of the best compared to earlier airboat sets done by LEGO, and they even included the printed console piece! Everything is awesome! :grin:

7 hours ago, makoy said:

It's always good to have a Cole polybag because Cole's torso is the most versatile of all the Ninjas because it is black -- you can put Cole in any MOC and he looks like a common ninja wearing black. Also, that polybag has nice parts. I'll get it when there's opportunity. :)

I know, right! Almost all combo's of different Cole variants look good. Not only that, but you can also bring in black torsos and legs of other themes and it still looks great! Like so :classic::

31042563823_c27935273d.jpg

Darth Cole by Exetrius

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

For those curious, I took a pic of Cole's Hands of Time suit with his RX arms from the new episode which leaked today:

-snip-

Thanks for sharing, Cole RX power ftw! (Just finished the episode, I don't speak Finnish... :grin:)

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Thanks for sharing, Cole RX power ftw! (Just finished the episode, I don't speak Finnish... :grin:)

I mean, me neither, but I still saw it twice :grin:

Seems like quite a few sets are coming for the movie.
- many sound like ground based sets; so get ready for more asian style buildings!
- seems like no dragon to me :thumbdown: they had such a good run with Lloyds dragon.
- at least one mech, who or whatever Rai is?

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-ninjago-movie-official-set-names/

btw: half of the season has aired already, though in dutch or whatever, I dont understand what they say.

Spoiler

So far I saw nothing about time travelling, maybe just for the last episodes.

26 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Seems like quite a few sets are coming for the movie.
- many sound like ground based sets; so get ready for more asian style buildings!
- seems like no dragon to me :thumbdown: they had such a good run with Lloyds dragon.
- at least one mech, who or whatever Rai is?

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-ninjago-movie-official-set-names/

btw: half of the season has aired already, though in dutch or whatever, I dont understand what they say.

Reveal hidden contents

So far I saw nothing about time travelling, maybe just for the last episodes.

Dragon's Cove sounds like a dragon to me

Happy to see there are a couple of sets that sounds like playsets and not just gigantic vehicles. Dragons and Mech are always welcome.

39 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Doesn't that say it's sourced off Eurobricks? Right there at the end...

Indeed, same rumours. Even if Brickset chose to put them in the database, that doesn't make them more reliable, as far as I know. 

18 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Indeed, same rumours. Even if Brickset chose to put them in the database, that doesn't make them more reliable, as far as I know. 

Oh, alright then. Well personally, I think some of the names are a little "flat". A little too simple for Ninjago sets. This might sound like something you'd see in TMNT rather than Ninjago.

But then again this isn't the normal Ninjago continuity, and the other movie sets in the LCU have names like that as well.

Following that analogy, TMNT appeals to more people than Ninjago. If that's the standards of naming convention we are going to compare I say that it's a good indication that these names are meant to appeal to more people rather than alienate them.  

On 27.12.2016 at 5:17 AM, NinjaJayNuva said:

I kinda doubt they're real, I don't think Zane will be titanium in the movie, and I don't think Nya will be a water Ninja in the movie.

Nya will be a water ninja, but yeah, Zane won't be titanium. But maybe Titanium Turbo isn't reference to Zane but to villain or vehicle.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I have spotted something weird in that list... where is 70619?

Either CMF's or the rumored summer set for hands of time

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

Either CMF's or the rumored summer set for hands of time

Wait, was there a rumour of a summer set for Hands of Time?

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nya will be a water ninja, but yeah, Zane won't be titanium. 

Is there a source that confirms this? 

If there's a HoT summer set, going by the description, it's probably this:

2HY 2017 HoT set?

Reminds me of Ogel's Underwater Base...

Edited by legozebra

33 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

I don't follow the show, but "Giant Ball" seems like a dumb set. Any context here?

I think it is an egg.  Or meant to look like an egg, cause that's where the snakes come from in the sets and probably the show.