Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

29 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

True it could be the timeline theory some people have discussed on this forum.  It seems some people don't realize that you can have twins that don't look exactly alike.  It will be interesting to find out the story behind the figures.

No way show runners will make twins that complicated! Both show and sets are intended for kids and they probably won't understand it this way. Theory about 1 twin being lost in time and another having to live through the years making him look old ,makes more sense.

The plug on the back of Zane's head is very interesting, I always like it when they add non-canon hidden printing. :classic: Also, didn't expect him to be Silver Metallic, looks cool (personally, I still don't like his torso design, though)!

On 28-11-2016 at 1:48 PM, obsidianheart said:

Maybe one of them just has white hair. Like in anime.

Pretty sure its light grey. However, I'd be all in for an white-haired character! (Quite obvious from my sigfig, isn't it? :grin:)

2 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

More pictures are out, in much better quality. One of the twins was found, even. I really like his face and torso, not to mention that hood printing! The samurai has two faces.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/handsoftime/?hl=en

For those wondering, these images were found on LEGO's image server. These are NOT leaks so don't worry, as they are added by LEGO themselves. Just mess around with the set number:

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/60142?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha 

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/60142_alt1?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha

Some quick observations:

The time twins are DEFINITELY different ages. One has red eyebrows and a smartphone with earbuds, the other has grey eyebrows and an hourglass.

The new Samurai X's face reminds me of Ekimu's Mask of Creation, lol.

Lots of great stickers in the Dragon's Forge, including one of Kai's lion spirit and Nya's phoenix spirit on the chimney. The chimney's core rotates to reveal an alternate sticker with Nya's symbol, but I don't know if it has other stickers on the other sides.

6 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Nice that the new Zane's full torso and legs are Silver Metallic. On the original Titanium Zane those parts were all Medium Stone Grey (with Silver Metallic head, hood, arms, and shoulderpads to balance them out), but here that would look a little jarring since his head and hood would be the only remaining Silver Metallic parts.

To be fair, Titanium Zane's torso and legs were gray because he was wearing a plain grey gi (granted, with straps bolted on to them), and the silver arms were due to the outfit being sleeveless (like the tournament gi for the others). With the new suit, Zane's outfit is silver armor, and not just plain clothing over his metallic body. This outfit also has a strap or two bolted on.

I honestly prefer the Titanium Zane outfit than this new one. This suit really bothers me because unlike the others, the armor just doesn't flow. I don't see a clear flow from torso, to hip, to legs, like all the other outfits. I can't see a single thing on the torso that continues on to the hips or legs, and it really bothers me, as I like to look at these outfits more technically than most people do, and it's just pleasing to see everything go right. Every other suit has this consistency but Zane's.

Something else I don't really like are the wires and radio. It's so... Impractical, it looks very fragile, and all that work for an offline radar mechanism can be taken out with just a missed swipe from an enemy, cutting those exposed wires. If the wires were concealed somehow while still remaining visible, that would work too, but the way it is feels really impractical, especially coming from the smartest one in the group. Is his internet cut off? Why is he a walking signal tower?

8 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Pretty sure its light grey. However, I'd be all in for an white-haired character! (Quite obvious from my sigfig, isn't it? :grin:)

You're right, my bad! Okay, then changing my theory to the "One's old because went to past", but adding a tiny twist. The twins were lost in time during Wu's younger days, so I'm guessing one went backward and grew old, and one went forward into the future which has become the present as Wu has grown old.
Convoluted backstory aside, the figures look pretty cool.

58 minutes ago, just2good said:

*angry snipping*

Oh my... thanks to CM4Sci for pointing this one out.

PUT YOUR SPOILER IN SPOILER TAGS MY GOOD SIR.

Dammit.

Now who's the other one? I feel that both the twins are plot twist type characters.

You guys are totally spoiling the show for others.. You can share this theory crafting in the TV show thread if you really can't help it. We're supposed to be discussing about sets...

Ok... back on track, I think the sets are still awesome -- but the highlight really goes to the intricate detail in the armours... I really can't wait to get my hands on some of these villains. Finally the design of the villains are up to par with the Nexo Knights villains design.

8 hours ago, just2good said:

Snip snip

Oh my... thanks to CM4Sci for pointing this one out.

What? Why? Tommy A even said a season with Saunders as a villain would be awful and I agreed! Ah well, I hope the other twin is good...

Speaking of the sets, they look great!  I'm liking Iron Doom a lot more than I liked it based on the blurry prelims, and the forge is great as usual.

Just checked prices at German shop@home site, and was pleasantly surprised that Dragon Forge is 80€ for 1100+ pcs! That's a really good price for a set with this amount of pcs, especially since Samurai X cave costs 120€. And Iron Doom  is 60€ for a set with 700 pcs is another great price per piece set.

Edited by benderisgreat

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Just checked prices at German shop@home site, and was pleasantly surprised that Dragon Forge is 80€ for 1100+ pcs! That's a really good price for a set with this amount of pcs, especially since Samurai X cave costs 120€. And Iron Doom  is 60€ for a set with 700 pcs is another great price per piece set.

What is the price of the Samurai VXL?

Man, I just realized if that... whoever and the older time-twin are the same guy, that means we aren't getting that fu-manchu moustache piece and that's a bummer.

2 hours ago, obsidianheart said:

Man, I just realized if that... whoever and the older time-twin are the same guy, that means we aren't getting that fu-manchu moustache piece and that's a bummer.

Darn it! I really wanted that moustache!

I also want that moustache... Hopefully it wll be available in future sets... Because you know, with time (travel?) and different dimensions within Ninjago, the set designers and story writers can collaborate to pick which character to bring back and produce in a set that is higly in demand.

It's very tempting, but don't read the descriptions for the larger sets if you don't want to get spoiled. I couldn't resist and I now know what the time blades can do, as well as confirmations in plot.

I knew there was something fishy about the XVL when I saw the cockpit and wheel build tilt around. I thought it simply had physics like the Tread Assault, but it turns out you can move the wheels left or right by tilting the cockpit! As a main feature it's not bad at all.

I mean it was obvious that it was him, but please use spoilers next time! 

Also, close up on one of the twins:

Earphones

The earbuds and phone ruin the torso:sceptic:

Edited by amazingbricks