Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

6 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

Does anyone know if these sets are December or January releases? 

No idea. In some countries they might not be either — in the United States, the first-half 2015 and 2016 Ninjago sets were all March releases.

55 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

No idea. In some countries they might not be either — in the United States, the first-half 2015 and 2016 Ninjago sets were all March releases.

Thanks, hopefully they're at least January releases. 

On 11/13/2016 at 10:21 AM, gamejutzu said:

Like others here i'm gonna wait for Ninjago movie sets, but I really like the minifigs and their new pieces. So i'll get Vermillion Attack and Destiny's Shadow (even though it has the same problem as Raid Zeppelin). Then I can get a healthy amount of the new content released. Also, the glider in that  set looks like a Vermillion head, that's cool.

Hmm. What's the problem with the Raid Zeppelin that you're referring to? The Destiny's Shadow is the only set that caught my eye this wave; very interesting-looking and unique vehicle IMO. I'm curious as to what 'problems' it might have! :tongue:

That's my favorite set too. I have been trying to figure out if it will be a $30 or $40 set. It has 360 pieces which means it could go either way.

Edited by Bricknblue

The Ninjago movie better have more Asian inspired armours. I like the direction they are going for this wave and I already decided to make a small army using that cool armour.

1 hour ago, MasterofElements said:

New image! Seems to feature five Elemental Masters, two Vermillion, multiple samurai, and Garmadon and Wu.

Nice! I'm noticing Wu and Garmadon are wielding those collect-them-all whatsits from the new sets.

Source is here. There's a download link but it doesn't work yet. Probably just a bigger PDF version of this same image.

Surprised though that we're getting Hands of Time teasers before the Characters page is even updated with Day of the Departed characters. Makes me wonder if that page will even GET a Day of the Departed update…

Edited by Aanchir

1 hour ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Anyone else notices the time on Saunders watch? 1:16, 1:17 or 1:18 maybe a release date? 

Nice! Good catch! Very interesting that the time is highlighted and very clear to see... perhaps the season air date?

9 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Anyone else notices the time on Saunders watch? 1:16, 1:17 or 1:18 maybe a release date? 

Or maybe it's just 12-14 minutes until 1:30...

I think you are all looking way too deep into this.

5 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Or maybe it's just 12-14 minutes until 1:30...

I think you are all looking way too deep into this.

Agreed, and they had to put some time on it, I think it's just arbitrary.

Also, I think talk about tv season and plotlines belongs in the show thread. :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

52 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Zanes getting a new face in HOT so Kai and Nya better too...

Kai just has to get a new face! That scar makes him completely inaccurate to tv show! Nya already had good face as Samurai X in Battle for Ninjago City set, why Lego didn't reuse it for her ninja minifigures?

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Kai just has to get a new face! That scar makes him completely inaccurate to tv show! Nya already had good face as Samurai X in Battle for Ninjago City set, why Lego didn't reuse it for her ninja minifigures?

I'm kind of surprised you say that since Nya's face in Battle for Ninjago City was an utterly generic LEGO City face. Personally, I think her best recent faces have been the alternate faces for Samurai versions of her, like this one from last year or the one from this year's battle pack figure, since they both include her dimples. That said, I don't think the current face is awful. Just not as distinctively Nya.

15 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Elephantograph has posted another picture from a Taobao seller, it gives a slightly better look at the Vermillion sword and another henchmen: https://flic.kr/p/NZjDjo. Really awesome sword! :classic:

Do all of these Ninjago and NK figures surfacing mean that they could both be coming out in January? Last year I don't remember any Skybound figures floating around this early. 

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Do all of these Ninjago and NK figures surfacing mean that they could both be coming out in January? Last year I don't remember any Skybound figures floating around this early. 

The US had a release in March I believe, for the UK and the rest of Europe, release was January. In the Netherlands I didn't see the sets in retail until March if I recall correctly, though.