Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

In principle I've to admit that I really dislike the theme. But in the beginning of the it I bought the small arch practice set. And last year's Temple set was simply to amazing to be able to not buying it!

To cut a long story short: I've got no big idea of all that Ninjago stuff and therefore only can confirm following for 2017:

One set which awakened my interest was the Dragon Blacksmith Shop:

- Ninjago-style, unrealistic, futuristic and colorful dragon

- but an imo amazing looking, really big blacksmith shop with one floor with wide roof and doube chimney

- open entrance in the middle and on the left as on the right side a very huge round window hole to look inside

- building looked like hold in framework

There will be of course some other sets with different vehicles, in one that Sensei Wu is a some sort of prison. The enemies are black-red.

Klaus-Dieter

Sign me up/please dont be pulling our Leg (o)

Ooh... what color is that dragon? Kai hasn't had a dragon since 2011, but a purple one would be marvelous. Anyway, sounds like an awesome set regardless of whose dragon it is.

I'm interested how the villains look, although they sound like rehashes of the stone warriors with that color scheme. I was hoping for like a green or tan color for them, oh well.

Well they said the dragon was colorful, so it's probably a fusion Between Kai (or his father), and someone else.

It's interesting to know that some names here and there are not the same as the sets. But that's not big news.

Also, every outfit shows masks, even the Rebooted outfit. it may be that these new 2017 suits have a different mask piece and design than the normal "two colors, black and ___" that we've been seeing for a while.

Edited by gamejutzu

The description of the dragon intrigues me...as I am yet to see a realistic dragon at all. :P

Kidding aside, I hope that the torso of the red & black villains are suitable as samurai armours. In my opinion the previous stone army torso was ruined with that brightly coloured swirl in the middle.

In principle I've to admit that I really dislike the theme. But in the beginning of the it I bought the small arch practice set. And last year's Temple set was simply to amazing to be able to not buying it!

To cut a long story short: I've got no big idea of all that Ninjago stuff and therefore only can confirm following for 2017:

One set which awakened my interest was the Dragon Blacksmith Shop:

- Ninjago-style, unrealistic, futuristic and colorful dragon

- but an imo amazing looking, really big blacksmith shop with one floor with wide roof and doube chimney

- open entrance in the middle and on the left as on the right side a very huge round window hole to look inside

- building looked like hold in framework

There will be of course some other sets with different vehicles, in one that Sensei Wu is a some sort of prison. The enemies are black-red.

Klaus-Dieter

Is the dragon blacksmith shop you mentioned called Dragon Wrought? Or is it really called dragon blacksmith shop?

Is the dragon blacksmith shop you mentioned called Dragon Wrought? Or is it really called dragon blacksmith shop?

I think that the set he described is in fact the "Dragon Wrought" leaked listing. Dragon Wrought looks to be the largest set in the wave and Klaus' description leads me to believe that this is a large set. It sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing a pic. Since it is a large set, I do hope that it includes a vehicle of some kind for the villians in addition to the other stuff mentioned. As for the name...? Maybe Klaus can confirm if "Dragon Blacksmith Shop" is the actual name since I highly doubt that it will be called Dragon Wrought.

Sounds like blacksmith set is amazing! Probably Kai and his father are main characters of the set, and the build of dragon and blacksmith shop both sound amazing! Now all what's left is to wait for the pictures.

Sounds like blacksmith set is amazing! Probably Kai and his father are main characters of the set, and the build of dragon and blacksmith shop both sound amazing! Now all what's left is to wait for the pictures.

I wonder if the sets will bundle Kai and Nya, or split them up. Maybe another set would have Nya and her mother, But I dunno what they'd be doing, since the supposed "Dragon Wrought" set already has a blacksmith area as well as a dragon... It could have possibly been split into dragon and blacksmith sets, but they may have thought there were enough sets in the waves as it is.

Edited by gamejutzu

I wonder if the sets will bundle Kai and Nya, or split them up. Maybe another set would have Nya and her mother, But I dunno what they'd be doing, since the supposed "Dragon Wrought" set already has a blacksmith area as well as a dragon... It could have possibly been split into dragon and blacksmith sets, but they may have thought there were enough sets in the waves as it is.

Chances are the Dragon Blacksmith set and "Dragon Wrought" are the same set, and one name or another was a mistranslation. That's the thing about leaks — you can't always count on specifics such as names to be accurate to the final product, particularly if the specific source isn't known. I'm guessing "Dragon Wrought" is a mistranslation since it doesn't particularly seem to make grammatical sense.

Chances are the Dragon Blacksmith set and "Dragon Wrought" are the same set, and one name or another was a mistranslation. That's the thing about leaks — you can't always count on specifics such as names to be accurate to the final product, particularly if the specific source isn't known. I'm guessing "Dragon Wrought" is a mistranslation since it doesn't particularly seem to make grammatical sense.

Agreed. Plus, a blacksmith shop Dragon hybrid sounds just like what "Dragon Wrought."

Blacksmith shop sounds very interesting, hope they make this one look better than the last one back in 2011.

Actually, that's one of the things that makes me most excited about it. I had little interest in the original, but considering how good they've done with other subject matter they've revisited (last year's Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty and this year's Ultra Stealth Raider), I have little doubt that a new take on the Blacksmith Shop could feature similar levels of improvement.

Yeah I know that, that's why I used supposed and put Dragon Wrought in quotations.

But I feel like a blacksmith (likely THE blacksmith) and a dragon? It's a little strange to me. Unless the Blacksmith transforms into the dragon of course, but the person talking about it wrote as if they were two separate things.

Because of this, I wonder if the set could have been split up, and now i'm wondering whether we'll even see Kai's mother in a set.

Just to sum up the translated names from swisstoy

70621 Vermillion Falle (Vermillion Trap)

70622 Wüstenflitzer (Desert Racer)

70623 Schatten des Ninja- (Shadow of the Ninja [listed as a flight glider...])

70624 Vermillion Eindringling (Vermillion Infiltrator)

70625 Samurai Turbomobil (Samurai Turbomobile)

70626 Verhängnisvolle Dämmerung (Fateful Dawn/Dusk/Twilight [unsure of the last word])

70627 Drachenschmiede (Dragon Forge)

Thanks to user The Cobra for the link

Edited by Penkid11

Dragon Forge? This names makes more sense compared to Dragon wrought! And it fits description we were given. Now I am super excited for this wave , names give much more info on the sets than the preliminary names. This new wave sound really great!

Okay, those names make things a bit clearer as to what the sets are. And Dragon Forge is definitely the set that Klaus-Dieter described earlier.

I guess the enemy faction are called "The Vermillion" as they have 2 sets with that name in it.

Based on the new set descriptions it looks like 70625 is another Samurai X vehicle.

I still have no idea what 70626 could be ....

As for Dragon Forge, I have a theory: Klaus described the dragon as "unrealistic" and "futuristic". What if the "blacksmith shop" he described is an actual mechanical dragon manufacturing facility? That would explain the look of the dragon and the name of the set (what else would one craft in a dragon forge, but dragons themselves?). The dragons would look techno-organic with forged armor plates on them. Almost steampunk-like, which would fit the Ninjago aesthetic. Or the Dragon Forge could be a place to armor up/equip/weaponize organic dragons. Either way, Ninjago has done a lot of dragons over the years and this would be a bit of a change, at least for the Ninja side (we got an enemy robo-dragon in the Rebooted wave). Can't wait to see pics of this!

First Leaks have been found...im not telling you where, but i can confirm Kai and Nya are on the box, and their father is for sure a minifugure. However the "Samurai" or Vermilion are rather odd looking. I can also confirm the leaked suits are real.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago

Yes, can't wait for kai and nya's father! Also, those villains look menacing. That set must be the Dragon forge, the minifigures alone make the set great.

Edited by amazingbricks

Just saw the picture - it looks great. Love the new logo and the Minifigs. The Vermillion look really odd (in a good way) and they do not resemble the Stone Army at all, something I was really worried about. I wish Kai's dad had his outfit as seen in Spellbound, but maybe it's a placeholder. The blacked out figure is obviously their mother, and I'm excited to see it!