Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

12 hours ago, RAKRONDEWL said:

I personally like most of these new monsters better than the "lava" ones.  I like that they are less organic and more elemental, this is probably why I like Moltor and Flama best from the first year.  Just imagine if these would have been the lava monsters though.  I may be getting extras to paint.

You should not have done this... it looks so painfully good, knowing that we will never get them like that! :wub: :look: 

2 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I hope that there's another villain battle pack. I love lightning elementals, and these guys are no exception.

Hadn't thought about that yet! If there is one, I hope it will include some unique characters like this year's Ninjago one had. :classic:

On 05/12/2016 at 7:49 PM, NotMegalodon said:

Why not? It's still available right?. 

Yes it is still available, but unfortunately my wallet is not :grin:. I have to buy Christmas presents!

NK Knighton Rider.jpg

Lego Store promotion for January. Scaled down version of the Knight's Cycle from last year but I do like the wheel configuration. No blank shield like the Knight's Cycle and it appears that only the King's Guard Artillery will get the trans orange armor piece but at least this figure will get armor.

4 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

NK Knighton Rider.jpg

Lego Store promotion for January. Scaled down version of the Knight's Cycle from last year but I do like the wheel configuration. No blank shield like the Knight's Cycle and it appears that only the King's Guard Artillery will get the trans orange armor piece but at least this figure will get armor.

That Promo-set looks pretty neat and comes with some beautiful parts.

Also, I guess this means that the new Nexo Knights will be already available in January 2017?

49 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Also, I guess this means that the new Nexo Knights will be already available in January 2017?

Yes!! On the back of the calendar they even advertise Aaron's Falcon Blaster. 

11 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

In the Netherlands they will be available before christmas!

4 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

First Magmar, now Graveler... What next? Plant monster called Gloom?

I totally missed out that those are all Pokemon references... :grin: not that I am paying enough attention to Nexo Knights anyway. However, if they ever take your name suggestion for plant monsters that would be so amusing as I think plant monsters  will be far more interesting than lightning rock monsters.

Among the many, many small bikes that are released every year, I think this one from the polybag looks a bit better than average. :classic:

Awakening Stone Colossus with the Forbidden Powers, huh? Sounds good! :grin: 

It reminds me of Exodia the Forbidden one from Yu-Gi-Oh:

f60.gif

With that in mind, I can't really find a complementary relationship between the Forbidden Powers that we will see in the sets:

2ba93d4803.png

First thing that comes to mind are the Seven Deadly Sins, with Gluttony being the middle one and Wrath being the first from right, but the others are all not so clear. Also, in the prelims, they looked more like runes, so most of these are disappointing to me. However, I do very much like the 'infinity snake' one, which comes in the not too expensive The Three Brothers set, so that's nice. :classic: 

So these are stone monsters after all... 

Agree that the shields looked better in the prems with those runes

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Among the many, many small bikes that are released every year, I think this one from the polybag looks a bit better than average. :classic:

Awakening Stone Colossus with the Forbidden Powers, huh? Sounds good! :grin: 

It reminds me of Exodia the Forbidden one from Yu-Gi-Oh:

To be honest I can't help but be a little reminded of my Atlantis MOC from a few years back, Rise of the Dread Colossus. The similarities in concept are uncanny (villain uses collectibles to awaken a giant monster), though obviously I'm not suggesting Lego got their idea from a losing contest entry from over five years ago. :tongue:

Edited by Lyichir

So it looks like on the side it shows the 35 powers available in the first wave. I can sort of make some of them out such as Stronghold of Resolution, Cool creation, and Veil of Concealment on Clays row. Along with a few other powers in the other rows such as the powers that show up on a lot of the promotional material for this first year and stuff from the show such as Might of the Magician as well as some new ones we have not seen yet.

While the forbidden powers having runes before was cool at least the villain minifigures have some cool runes on them yet.

So the content of the blind bags are several Nexo Knights shield? How would that help to sell the sets line up or monetise the app?

2 hours ago, makoy said:

So the content of the blind bags are several Nexo Knights shield? How would that help to sell the sets line up or monetise the app?

How do you mean? Those shields are collectible and quite a few of them seem to be exclusive to the packs.

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

How do you mean? Those shields are collectible and quite a few of them seem to be exclusive to the packs.

I just can't grasp why is this even a product. Even if the argument is that it is collectible, isn't it more fitting to add those kinds of 'most wanted shields' in a smaller sets to pull in more people to buying "starter packs" so that subsequently they can be more invested in the theme and buy more NK sets?

To give you  a scenario -- If I introduce my kids to play the game/app -- then do I really need to buy more shield packs so that my kids will enjoy it? Granted it is not necessary so that the game won't be restrictive then I just don't see how buying more shield packs is going to enhance their Nexo Knights experience either online or offline. That said, I hope TLG has a really good plan to use this product to widen the customer base... because if it flop then they have to try another gimmick to lengthen the app's shelf life....

Edited by makoy

27 minutes ago, makoy said:

I just can't grasp why is this even a product. Even if the argument is that it is collectible, isn't it more fitting to add those kinds of 'most wanted shields' in a smaller sets to pull in more people to buying "starter packs" so that subsequently they can be more invested in the theme and buy more NK sets?

To give you  a scenario -- If I introduce my kids to play the game/app -- then do I really need to buy more shield packs so that my kids will enjoy it? Granted it is not necessary so that the game won't be restrictive then I just don't see how buying more shield packs is going to enhance their Nexo Knights experience either online or offline. That said, I hope TLG has a really good plan to use this product to widen the customer base... because if it flop then they have to try another gimmick to lengthen the app's shelf life....

Well, there are a lot of kids that prefer playing games/apps over building with LEGO. For example: they like the NK app, but are not much into the sets (anymore), but they may have friends that are into NK, be it physical or virtual. If you want the Nexo Powers for gameplay and collection's sake only, then buying the sets is way to expensive and not efficient. The packs, on the other hand, are (like Pokémon cards back in the day) easy to buy with pocket money.

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Plus the bulk of them are probably powers they already gave out in the TV show and other media, so releasing a physical version isn't going to hurt anything.

On 11.12.2016 at 1:04 PM, makoy said:

Not everyone are smart enough to search online for Shields. I recently blew kids mind when I said it can find every shield online.
But we are also getting PHYSICAL versions of some of the most wanted shields, also this opens way for customisation of your knights.

9 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Not everyone are smart enough to search online for Shields. I recently blew kids mind when I said it can find every shield online.
But we are also getting PHYSICAL versions of some of the most wanted shields, also this opens way for customisation of your knights.

If we do in fact get physical versions of previously image-only shields, I expect the Classic Space-inspired "Rocketship" power to be in high demand...