Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

I can imagine the baddies-pack didn't sell as good; all sets have baddies, not al sets have soldiers. In my case i wanted more kingdom soldiers. And more scurriers. 

On 3/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Not a picture but Jang's review shows them unarmored

Thanks!  Not a bad figure, I may consider this one from BrickLink if it has a decent price.

17 hours ago, x105Black said:

Thanks!  Not a bad figure, I may consider this one from BrickLink if it has a decent price.

8 dollars for non license fig.... I might pass if it doesnt get cheaper

Edited by bbquicksilver

On 3/6/2017 at 10:20 PM, bbquicksilver said:

Yeah, at that price I'll just forget about it.

On 30376 Kighton Rider what is to purposes of the orange clip on the side for the Battle Suits'? I tried it on Clay's Suit and it only seem to half work. 

20170307_180956.jpg

Notice the physical bricks on the cover, which is neat. According to Bouwsteentjes.info, you can store 25 Nexo powers in it, and it is available at TRU in the United States, no word on availability in Europe yet. 

On 7/3/2017 at 4:20 AM, bbquicksilver said:

There is not only bricklink. I have already about ten of that minifigure...

21 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

There is not only bricklink. I have already about ten of that minifigure...

Would you mind sharing how you did that @Itaria No Shintaku?

Edited by seba123

The annual report is out...

Among the top selling lines in 2016 were core themes like LEGO® City, LEGO® Star
Wars™, LEGO® NINJAGO®, LEGO Friends, LEGO Creator and LEGO® DUPLO®. The new
theme LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™, that combines physical and digital play through building
sets, digital gaming and inspirational storytelling, was also a contributor to growth. 

I think this pretty much seal the deal where NK stands.... not in the top selling theme.

Edited by makoy
citation

2 hours ago, seba123 said:

Would you mind sharing how you did that @Itaria No Shintaku?

It is not that i dont want to.

However I paid them around 4€ each

9 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

On 30376 Kighton Rider what is to purposes of the orange clip on the side for the Battle Suits'? I tried it on Clay's Suit and it only seem to half work. 

By "half work" did you mean that it didn't attach properly or that you couldn't determine the function? To me it sort of looks like if you were to attach it to the Battle Suits it might be meant to function as a sort of jetpack, given its overall symmetry and the two large symmetrical wheels, which might be able to be interpreted as rocket boosters of some sort. Alternatively, maybe it's just a way for the battle suits to "carry" the bike over rugged or uneven terrain. :tongue: Of course, if it fails to attach properly at all then it's a significantly different sort of problem!

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

By "half work" did you mean that it didn't attach properly or that you couldn't determine the function? To me it sort of looks like if you were to attach it to the Battle Suits it might be meant to function as a sort of jetpack, given its overall symmetry and the two large symmetrical wheels, which might be able to be interpreted as rocket boosters of some sort. Alternatively, maybe it's just a way for the battle suits to "carry" the bike over rugged or uneven terrain. :tongue: Of course, if it fails to attach properly at all then it's a significantly different sort of problem!

I could not figure out the function of the orange clip. I was able connect the bike to the suit. I guess I don't know what position the bike was spouse to be in. If I had the bike all the way up and have a pilot in the suit the pilot's helmet got in the way. And I didn't think the bike went in the down position it did not look very stable to me. 

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

20170307_180956.jpg

Notice the physical bricks on the cover, which is neat. According to Bouwsteentjes.info, you can store 25 Nexo powers in it, and it is available at TRU in the United States, no word on availability in Europe yet. 

Coincidentally enough Lego also has their own version of this which is different.

Lego Nexo Knight Shield Storage

Theirs comes with a scannable shield and a space to put combo powers to scan in to the game. The description says it only holds 9 powers but that doesn't seem correct to me.

Last night to take advantage of the double VIP points picked up the Three Brothers, Lance's Twin Jouster, and Ruina's Lock and Roller. Looking forward to building these guys as I think they are all fine sets.

Regarding the new Summer sets I am at a bit of loss for words on them. I am not impressed with them at all which is a shame considering how good I felt these first sets are. I am typically not a fan of bigger sets as they don't usually seem to offer much over more moderate size sets. My favorite based on the photos is Axl's Rumble Maker - that seems like a fun set and am interested to see what transforming features it has or pieces that will combine with the Battle Suits. That is really the only set that I think I am the most interested in as far as seeing and picking up. The Knighton Castle seems a little week compared to the Fortrex and Jestro's Volcanic Lair which are both executed really well. Great minifigure selection and the design certainly has the same characteristics from the show. The Merlok mech I am also interested in. It looks kooky and am excited to see it up close.

The Heligoyle has some pretty cool design work on it but it seems like it loses some of those features when looked at from the side - perhaps this is meant to be like Aaron's Aero Striker in that you hold it to fly it around. If it is I don't think it was executed as well as it could have been. I do like Aaron's Rock Climber vehicle but it does look like a recent Ninjago vehicle and has similar shapings to Axl's Tower Carrier. Again - interested in the transforming and combination features to the Battle Suits on this one. Stone Colossus - great name but this looks so big and chunky and blocky that it loses a lot of appeal for me. I like that they include the 'crown' for collecting all the forbidden powers to waken him but again the execution seems a little blocky and not much mobility for something so big. It is disappointing that there are no small sets with this wave as well. I always look forward to the $10 sets and the closest we get is Macy's Drop Bot Dragon. Aahh, poor Macy relegated to the smallest set again. This to me suffers the same as the Heligoyle in that from certain angles it looks really nice but from others not so great. i like the idea of a mechanized dragon and so am interested to seeing this firsthand as all the other sets. Also, this seems like an awfully big box for a $15 set.

6 hours ago, makoy said:

I think this pretty much seal the deal where NK stands.... not in the top selling theme.

I think that Nexo Knights "contributing to growth" only means it did better than Chima. From the get go it was supposed to run for 3 years. It will. It might be longer, but i think that's just speculating.

1 hour ago, OC_Architect said:

Coincidentally enough Lego also has their own version of this which is different.

Lego Nexo Knight Shield Storage

Theirs comes with a scannable shield and a space to put combo powers to scan in to the game. The description says it only holds 9 powers but that doesn't seem correct to me.

Last night to take advantage of the double VIP points picked up the Three Brothers, Lance's Twin Jouster, and Ruina's Lock and Roller. Looking forward to building these guys as I think they are all fine sets.

Regarding the new Summer sets I am at a bit of loss for words on them. I am not impressed with them at all which is a shame considering how good I felt these first sets are. I am typically not a fan of bigger sets as they don't usually seem to offer much over more moderate size sets. My favorite based on the photos is Axl's Rumble Maker - that seems like a fun set and am interested to see what transforming features it has or pieces that will combine with the Battle Suits. That is really the only set that I think I am the most interested in as far as seeing and picking up. The Knighton Castle seems a little week compared to the Fortrex and Jestro's Volcanic Lair which are both executed really well. Great minifigure selection and the design certainly has the same characteristics from the show. The Merlok mech I am also interested in. It looks kooky and am excited to see it up close.

The Heligoyle has some pretty cool design work on it but it seems like it loses some of those features when looked at from the side - perhaps this is meant to be like Aaron's Aero Striker in that you hold it to fly it around. If it is I don't think it was executed as well as it could have been. I do like Aaron's Rock Climber vehicle but it does look like a recent Ninjago vehicle and has similar shapings to Axl's Tower Carrier. Again - interested in the transforming and combination features to the Battle Suits on this one. Stone Colossus - great name but this looks so big and chunky and blocky that it loses a lot of appeal for me. I like that they include the 'crown' for collecting all the forbidden powers to waken him but again the execution seems a little blocky and not much mobility for something so big. It is disappointing that there are no small sets with this wave as well. I always look forward to the $10 sets and the closest we get is Macy's Drop Bot Dragon. Aahh, poor Macy relegated to the smallest set again. This to me suffers the same as the Heligoyle in that from certain angles it looks really nice but from others not so great. i like the idea of a mechanized dragon and so am interested to seeing this firsthand as all the other sets. Also, this seems like an awfully big box for a $15 set.

It does come with a power and combo grey shield piece.  It's the same one from LEGO I believe.  I have this TRU one.

10 hours ago, makoy said:

Not in the top selling theme for sure but other properties like Super Heroes were not mentioned in either category nor Elves which I would assume both would continue for the foreseeable future. Of course that really means nothing for Nexo Knights as the plan all along could be to cut it after a set amount of time. It would seem that even moderate success would enable Lego to continue on with the line and the only big question might be is if the designer's have said everything they have to say regarding the sets and or the developers of the show and app. It could be similar to Mixels where Lego decides that they don't want one entity to outlive any of the other three parts and ultimately how committed and how strongly they feel about the line. Years ago Bill Gaines said about EC Comics line of science fiction comics that they all lost money but internally they loved them and so long as their horror titles were popular enough they would continue producing the science fiction line because that's the way they felt about them.

2 hours ago, Whatajoke said:

It does come with a power and combo grey shield piece.  It's the same one from LEGO I believe.  I have this TRU one.

I believe they are both different. The TRU one lists as 9 pieces while the Lego one lists as only two (shield and combo shield holder). The TRU seems to be basically a binder with a plate that you can display the shields while the Lego one is more of a storage container similar to a baseball card box.

6 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I think that Nexo Knights "contributing to growth" only means it did better than Chima. From the get go it was supposed to run for 3 years. It will. It might be longer, but i think that's just speculating.

Chima itself was a contributor to growth in 2013. I certainly never expected Nexo Knights to be among the top-selling themes of 2016, and I doubt a lot of other people did either, if only because the five top-selling themes in 2015 (City, Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago, and Duplo, same as this year) were all big, lucrative, well-established themes that would have been really hard to displace. So this result speaks more to the enduring strength of those five themes than to the strength or weakness of Nexo Knights.

While I hoped to hear something a little more definite about whether Nexo Knights is doing well, it's rare for the Annual Reports to go into much detail about that kind of thing. Even giving us a full list of the top five sets and themes is something LEGO only really started doing last year. Suffice to say it's not doing especially poorly.

On 10/3/2017 at 4:01 AM, Aanchir said:

Chima itself was a contributor to growth in 2013. I certainly never expected Nexo Knights to be among the top-selling themes of 2016, and I doubt a lot of other people did either, if only because the five top-selling themes in 2015 (City, Star Wars, Friends, Ninjago, and Duplo, same as this year) were all big, lucrative, well-established themes that would have been really hard to displace. So this result speaks more to the enduring strength of those five themes than to the strength or weakness of Nexo Knights.

While I hoped to hear something a little more definite about whether Nexo Knights is doing well, it's rare for the Annual Reports to go into much detail about that kind of thing. Even giving us a full list of the top five sets and themes is something LEGO only really started doing last year. Suffice to say it's not doing especially poorly.

Alas.

Wondering if anyone has designed a bookshelf for Nexo Knights book's? Just have a few of them from sets and thinking of a good way to display them?

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Wondering if anyone has designed a bookshelf for Nexo Knights book's? Just have a few of them from sets and thinking of a good way to display them?

Pretty sure there's room for all six of them in Jestro's Volcano Lair.

If you want them to be displayed so you can see the covers, you might need some tight fitting, and shallow shelves. Plates and tiles are your friend.

As much of a presence as Roberto has in the show I really hope we will get him since we have what looks to be his statue of the queen in the castle.

I don't think it has been said here but the knights in the battle pack all actually have 3 new faces for the kings guards!

On March 20, 2017 at 3:37 AM, benderisgreat said:

Any news on summer exclusive set yet? Hope we'll get Roberto minifigure he looks unique in the show.

I hope there is one. Brickset doesn't even list the set but I assume it's the missing set number before Macy's Bot Drop Dragon.

I can't imagine not getting Roberto in a set, he's an essential character to season 3.