Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

The inside of the Castle is highly disappointing considering the tower has absolutely nothing in it, not even room for figures to boot. I was expecting Merlok's library or at least....something. Huge amount of wasted space which is unacceptable in a $130 set. 

By look of it I think it's a connected ship.

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

The inside of the Castle is highly disappointing considering the tower has absolutely nothing in it, not even room for figures to boot. I was expecting Merlok's library or at least....something. Huge amount of wasted space which is unacceptable in a $130 set. 

Agree. 

And brick built Merlok looks .... not good

Okay. Let's talk sets.

Unless it's not evident to some, Macy suffers being in a theme that is primarily directed towards boys. Make those sets the most affordable (for the target audience) to force them to get the girl character, right? Such was the case with the Thunder Mace, and thus is the situation with Macy's Bot Drop Dragon. Now at a glance, the only function aside from stud shooters is in the title of the set. There's a little jet pack latched under the robo-dragon that Macy's Squirebot can stick to. The Stone Stomper hoverboard is the ultimate form of "meh." But take of the little jet pack, and my opinion on the set is a complete reversal. This is the only entire vehicle that can attach to the Battle Suits, and that is just the coolest. At that price, day one.

I was not expecting very much from The Heligoyle. What we got is... satisfactory. It's a weird amalgamation of a dragon and a gargoyle with propeller wings. It practically speaks for itself. The minifigs are what stand out in this set, what with this being the cheapest set so far with a fully armored, generic Clay, but also what appears to be the only Harpy that will be available this year (should an exclusive show up and prove otherwise) and a unique Bouldron. It's a simple, yet cool set.

Axl's Rumble Maker is an interesting case. You see, every character this year gets one drilling vehicle and a vehicle based off their coat of arms. This set counts as both, for Axl. It's massive and visually striking. Both drills rotate as they should (bless the Thunder Driller making this possible) There also appears to be some sort of folding function around the cockpit, but it's a bit tough to make out. Underneath that portion is a treaded potion of the vehicle that appears to work similarly to the horse in Lance vs. Lightning (being that it separates and can attach to the torso-on-up portion of a Battle Suit. This also includes another Rogul, which is appreciated.

Now I really didn't know how I felt about the idea of Aaron's Rock Climber being a buggy, but after seeing it, it's massive, and wonderfully sleek. The cockpit fits two, which is great for the Aaron's Squirebot (green hat for KKII Banteras soldiers FTW). It's not quite clear what sort of Battle Suit connectivity this set has, but methinks it has something to do with it's spoiler cannons. Lord Krakenskull is on of the highlights of this set, and reminds me the Witch King of Angmar (from Lord of the Rings for the uninitiated). His rock toad... thing is also really cool if not somewhat adorable.

And for the big bad, we have the aptly named Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction. It fits in wonderously with it's Stone Monster counterparts. It's massively impressive and has a crown that can be fitted with several of the Forbidden Powers by the looks of it. It has incredibly sturdy looking legs, and there are some interesting arm functions as well. But, really the big highlight here is the minifigs. Macy has an awesome Mace. It's a cheap set with Jestro. A new variant of Clay. And dang, does General Garg look awesome.

If there is anything that Lego has been absolutely killing this year, it's the flagship sets (the $120+ sets). Arkham Asylum. The Ultimate Batmobile. The Ocean Monument. The Jungle Exploration Site. So of course it was to no ones surprise that Knighton Castle was going to be just as impressive. To start, the minifig count on this set is insane. A robed King Halbert and his personal Squirebot are very much necessary. Robin is also included in his Black Knight attire, as well as, surprisingly, Hamletta, Lance's pet pig. The small siege machine for the Stone Monsters is acceptable, but not the best. This is a set for the good guys to shine, however. This all culminates with the fact that we're getting a Battle Suit scale variant of Merlok 2.0 that, despite it's... interesting... design, is much appreciated. The inclusion of beds for the Knights is great but lacks some of the varied rooms that Jestro's Volcano Lair sported. It also appears that the tower of the Castle might function as some sort of shuttle. It has thrusters by the looks of it. Can't wait to pick this one up.

Really digging this wave. Ties up this year's sets quite nicely. I just hope that we get at least one last hurrah for the third year before it goes the way of retirement (unless it gets a fourth year, of course).

1 hour ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Have you guys seen this yet? Pretty neat build if you ask me.

*snipped Black Knight Battle Suit*

Oh thank goodness that's coming. Now all we need is Ava.

The King and Queen would be awesome as well.

3 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Have you guys seen this? Pretty neat build!

61wSKxJhpUL.jpg

I had not, so thanks for that. I really liked the five battle suits released so far, and was a little disappointed no more were shown during the Toy Fair. I will definitely look at getting that one; do you have any idea on when it will be released?

Robin will be included in the April magazine, looks really good with the jetpack and gunmetal pieces:  

I know I'm late to the party, but I still want to give some thoughts on the summer wave from NYTF. Nexo Knights really blew me away when I saw the pics, especially the figs.General Garg is superb, I am really excited to get the gargoyle parts in black! The Harpy and petrified Clay (hmm, wouldn't that be called porcelain?) are unexpected, really nice. In my opinion, though, they pale in comparison to Lord Krackenskull, my goodness! Spectacular! *huh* Part related highlights are of course the evil nexo shield recoloured in gold, the unprinted trans purple nexo shield inlays and the purple djinblade hilt.

Hey, what's going on here with the Queen?

32266044543_1cfe418bd8_b.jpg

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Hey, what's going on here with the Queen?

I remember someone mentioned it's spoiler-ish ...

I don't follow the show but someone who watches the show may know what's going to happen. 

12 hours ago, makoy said:

I remember someone mentioned it's spoiler-ish ...

I don't follow the show but someone who watches the show may know what's going to happen. 

Isn't it a statue that Jestro's architect made for a king a was exiled after?

8 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Isn't it a statue that Jestro's architect made for a king a was exiled after?

It looks more than just a statue

Just now, makoy said:

It looks more than just a statue

Well we have an evil cloud that can bring statues to life. :wink:

Just now, Megagan said:

Well we have an evil cloud that can bring statues to life. :wink:

I did mention I am not following the show... so what do I know. 

I'm only here for the monsters. :grin:

4 hours ago, makoy said:

I'm only here for the monsters. :grin:

Hear hear! I'd like to see better pics of the black gargoyle. He looks like a must-have

2 minutes ago, SodorBricks said:

Strange question I know but does anyone else have 30377 motor horse or am I just lucky to have it. Haven't seen many people talk about it! :classic:

I haven't seen anybody else review it. Maybe you are lucky! ;)

4 hours ago, SodorBricks said:

Strange question I know but does anyone else have 30377 motor horse or am I just lucky to have it. Haven't seen many people talk about it! :classic:

Where did you find it? It's a polybag wasteland where I live, the only NK polybag I've ever seen here was the Lava Slinger.

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Where did you find it? It's a polybag wasteland where I live, the only NK polybag I've ever seen here was the Lava Slinger.

I found it in a LEGOLAND discovery centre I think they put it out early by accident!

12 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I haven't seen anybody else review it. Maybe you are lucky! ;)

I'll get a picture this afternoon!

Edited by SodorBricks

54 minutes ago, Borex said:

The dutch nexo knight magazine has a merlock 2.0 build in it. This one:

Merlock 2.0

And next one (avaible march 17 in Poland) is going to include black knight version of Robin.