Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Haven't we already seen that helmet? I'm sure I have one from a Kingdoms set. But it's great to get another opportunity for it. I like the armor pieces. 

32 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Haven't we already seen that helmet? I'm sure I have one from a Kingdoms set. But it's great to get another opportunity for it. I like the armor pieces. 

Its from Fantasy Era. It's a decade old

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I mean in that silver color that everyone's raving about.

9 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I only said "Silver" because the other knights had regular Castle helmets, but in blue like they normally do.

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

1 minute ago, 8BrickMario said:

The helmet mold is actually almost as old as they come, first showing up in 1984 sets such as 6021 Jousting Knights, 6080 King's Castle, and 6073 Knight's Castle.

If the color in that pack is silver metallic, as are other parts from Nexo knights, this helmet appeared in this color in sets 71040 Disney Castle (on the statue) and 70319 Macy's Thunder Mace (on the squirebot).  Otherwise, it might be the first time it is made in the shown shade of silver, as it is hard to tell what shade it is.

53 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

I assumed x105 was being sarcastic... y'know, since that helmet is one of the only parts of that battle pack that'd be considered usable in a traditional Castle MOC. :tongue:

Edited by Lyichir

30 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

I only said "Silver" because the other knights had regular Castle helmets, but in blue like they normally do.

That's what I love about it!  It's not blue!

27 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I assumed x105 was being sarcastic... y'know, since that helmet is one of the only parts of that battle pack that'd be considered usable in a traditional Castle MOC. :tongue:

I genuinely love it!

:wink:

11 minutes ago, Cyclone_37 said:

What's up with the black gargoyle? Is it a prototype or is some story relevance to it? 

It looks pretty final to me. I don't know how much significance it holds, but I like its design.

His name is General something

And he is like General Magmar from the first year. He is suppose to be the leader of the stone monsters

11 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

And he is like General Magmar from the first year. He is suppose to be the leader of the stone monsters

Ah, that makes sense. 

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Just now, Cyclone_37 said:

Ah, that makes sense. 

His full name is General Garg, in case either of you were wondering. Not very creative if you ask me. :grin:

Come to think of it, wouldn't the chain of command be:

1. Monstrux (Creator)
  2. The Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction (deity?)
  3. Lord Krakenskull (Lord)
  4. General Garg (General)

Summer set opinions on the way, btw. Tonight should be the night (finally!).

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, SpiderSpaceman said:

I forgot all of the patterns can be seen in the app, thanks! Recognized... "dark drop", you called it? With the inking cephalopod? Love that design. 

My favorite yearly coverage is up, this guy really gets up in there:

http://toyfair17.asmzine.com/gallery/lego/nexo-knights/slides/DSC01872.html

Haha Yah, I went into the app and cross checked them the best I could and knowing the names people should be able to find better or clearer versions of what they look like in the app or else where on the net. Also dark drop is the one with the inking octopus and its one of my favorites in that wave along with honey bees with its honey comb pattern and the bee, artic breath for its snowflake pattern, and triple backstab just because it looks sort of neat and I like the sound of it. xD

Is it just me or is a little odd that the new battle packs (ninjago included) have 3 minifigs instead of 4?

1 hour ago, Megagan said:

Is it just me or is a little odd that the new battle packs (ninjago included) have 3 minifigs instead of 4?

A necessary sacrifice for more armored characters/building apparatuses/weapons. Also necessary for more rare/unique minifigs.

13 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

A necessary sacrifice for more armored characters/building apparatuses/weapons. Also necessary for more rare/unique minifigs.

I don't like the change at all. Last year's pack had just as many weapons and unique prints; what's the point of removing yet another figure? Honestly I feel like Lego's starting to scam their "army builder" crowd between this and the price increase on the SW battlepacks.

12 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:
1 hour ago, Megagan said:

You know what's more odd? That those  more expensive than the usual 10 usd small sets. I think those are going to be 13 usd. 

There really is a tax for unique minifigures.... but you're not suppose to buy army building sets to buy something unique.

New battlepack is kinda lame! It only has somewhat different Kings Guards minifigures which usually appear in cheap 10$ sets, so nothing exciting about them. But last time both guards and monsters had Battlepacks , and monsters are the ones I'm excited about. If anything monsters are what makes Nexo Knights theme interesting for me.

My thoughts on the summer sets:

Knighton Castle - Great build and fantastic minifigure selection even though I can't help but think that I'd be SO much more satisfied with a more traditional castle under the castle line, simmalar to kings castle from castle,last castle wave.

Stone Collosusas of Ultimate Destruction - Pretty awesome build in most areas and a mainly fantastic minifigure selection.

Aaron's Rock climber - Awful.

The Heligoyle - Not the best dragon, but a good shot at one. The harpy is epic.

Axl's rumble maker - Decent build but nothing spectacular ; too simmalar to other nexo knights veichles.

Macy's Not Drop dragon - A good build but once again, nothing special. 

Full wave out of 100: 61

The lego fan

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I don't like the change at all. Last year's pack had just as many weapons and unique prints; what's the point of removing yet another figure? Honestly I feel like Lego's starting to scam their "army builder" crowd between this and the price increase on the SW battlepacks.

7 hours ago, makoy said:

You know what's more odd? That those  more expensive than the usual 10 usd small sets. I think those are going to be 13 usd. 

There really is a tax for unique minifigures.... but you're not suppose to buy army building sets to buy something unique.

Well I just dug out my Knighton Army Builder from last year to compare...
Other than more individual weapons and one Royal Guard Print we have yet to get, the new set appears to be lacking in all facets.

The old version was 35 pieces in total; Five for each of the three Royal Guard, Ten for the Royal Squire bot, and another ten pieces split between four sets of weapons, one of which has a Nexo Power Shield.

Unless there is more packaged in the bubble than what's displayed on the card, like say a Squire Bot, the new Battle Pack only has Three Royal Guards at five elements apiece and ten elements split between 5 weapons and a Nexo Shield for a total of 25 Pieces.
Even the old Lava Monster Battle Pack at 30 Pieces, 5 for each Monster Figure and ten left over for Weapons, was a better value.

Was anyone able to determine if the knighton castle is able connect with the fortrex/library?

Ive been looking for any technic pins but havent seen any in the pictures.

I found another video of the new sets, and this one shows the back side of the castle! One thing that excites me is that every single one of the knights (including Robin and Ava) gets their own bed!

Some great angles I had not seen yet in that video. At about 3:30 you can get a good look at the treads on Axl's rubble maker and it looks like they could detach from the rest of the vehicle and attach to the battle suits the same way as the horse making the centaur but this time making a treaded battle suit almost like the Guts dozer from Megaman. The head and neck section of Macy's dragon look like they could detach and I would assume the cannon on top of Aarons climber but not sure.

22 hours ago, makoy said:

That's part of what I find odd about it, its not like these troops are real unique or stand out from the other royal soldiers we have got. If it had 3 more stand out characters such as one or more of the "Tighty Knighties" I might think the price would be more fitting to the smaller pack. Even if that makes it less of an army building pack and more about getting special characters.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I found another video of the new sets, and this one shows the back side of the castle! One thing that excites me is that every single one of the knights (including Robin and Ava) gets their own bed!

The inside of the Castle is highly disappointing considering the tower has absolutely nothing in it, not even room for figures to boot. I was expecting Merlok's library or at least....something. Huge amount of wasted space which is unacceptable in a $130 set.