Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

23 minutes ago, Megagan said:

Sadly though it looks like Macy's dragon got shrunk down quite a bit, almost seems like it could be a $10 set? It somewhat looks like a Nexo Knight version of Cole's Dragon from the Skybound sets.

I actually like it more if this is the case, going to army build me some Macy Dragons!

Thanks for the images!

Macy's Bot-Drop Dragon: Definitely the weakest set of the wave for me. I'm glad this is going for $14.99 because $19.99 would not have been worth it.

The Heligoyle: Instant buy. The build looks suitably imposing and the inclusion of a Harpy is a nice surprise given that she was a Gargoyle in the prelims.

Axl's Rumble-Maker: Pretty good. The design is passable and I see a few interesting play features in there. Still, I don't think I'll pick it up.

Aaron's Rock Climber: It's a standard Aaron build, but the villains really make this set stand out. Not only do we have a Brickster, a Stone Stomper, and a fantastic looking Grimroc, but there's also Lord Krackenskull, who might qualify as the scariest NK figure to date. Great set. 

The Stone Colossus of Ultimate Destruction: Woah. At the very least that thing is a foot tall and I love how nearly all of the build's 785 pieces are devoted to the Colossus himself. General Garg and 

Spoiler

Stone Clay are also included.

Instant buy, and the $69.99 price tag is very fair.

Knighton Castle: Exactly what I wanted for a set this big, and all of the 12 figures are great. I like the little siege tower thing that the Stone Monsters have, and I really wish The Brick Show had gotten interior shots of the castle.

All in all, another strong wave for Nexo Knights. I'll probably be buying The Heligoyle, Colossus, and Castle, but the August 1st release date is really, really frustrating. Don't the Ninjago Movie sets come out then, too? Why not release them in June like the prelims said?

Personally, I'm hoping Macy at least gets a really big, like $80 or larger, vehicle in 2018. She's gotten the smallest hero vehicle of the year twice in a row, she'd better get something ridiculously huge and impressive the third year.

I was kinda "Meh" with the first wave but boy oh boy do these sets blow the first ones out of the watter. The bad guys really get the love they deserve this time. I love the monsters and constructs like that sentient seige tower!

4 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Has anyone found a clearer picture of that side of the blind bag shields box?

Not that I know of but I made a list from what can tell or at least best guesses.

Clay- Roaring righteousness, Beam jump, Ship wrecker, Air portal, Drop the beat, Jumperman, Sir tauntalot
Aaron-???, Gaze of the gorgon, Sidekick, Boomstick, Honey bees, Mechanical griffin, Out of soap?
Lance- Silver whip, Griffon of graciouness, Globe of light, Artic breath, Battle cry, Beared ballerina, Rolling hedgehog
Macy- Dark drop, Hyper kick, ???, Triple backstab, Bull race, Commanding shout, Mirror me
Axl- Clover of misfortune, Shark attack, Rock'n'roll, Pie guard, Standing ovation, Sun flare, Tooth buster

At first, I was a little skeptical about this year's sets. However this summer wave looks absolutely amazing. All the monsters look really good, and it's nice to see all the new characters and variants we're getting.. will have to pick up the Colossus, heligoyle, and aaron's vehicle..

Yet again, Macy gets a small vehicle..

Edited by Boogly22238

13 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

Yet again, Macy gets a small vehicle..

Willing to bet that her 2018 vehicle will be in the $90-$100 range. I think they've scaled back her vehicles so far so the market won't be oversaturated when the big one comes out.

$15 Is not as good of a price point as I was hoping for given how small it is. But seeing how it has 153 pieces its not so bad and I'll still end up getting it.

6 minutes ago, Megagan said:

$15 Is not as good of a price point as I was hoping for given how small it is. But seeing how it has 153 pieces its not so bad and I'll still end up getting it.

$10 would be an absolute must buy for most standards I feel

This wave is fantastic! The villains are truly stealing the show this summer. The colossus is an instabuy though it's more expensive than I anticipated. The castle is fantastic. Macy's bot drop dragon is the only real disappointment. Axl's vehicle is pretty bad but i expected that based on the leaks. The heligoyle is another instabuy and Aaron's rock climber is cool but Lord Krackenskull and his stead are the real draw to the set. What an incredible minifig! The beast he's riding is also really cool. I mightvhave to get this set too but I'll wait until I watch some reviews first.

Woah. These look...not as good as I hoped. The only cool stuff are the frog like monster with awesme rider, Harpie in smaller set that I imagined and the castle!

Yes! Castle looks great and I will get it for sure- the living tower attacking it is such a cute idea!

11 hours ago, Megagan said:

Not that I know of but I made a list from what can tell or at least best guesses.

Clay- Roaring righteousness, Beam jump, Ship wrecker, Air portal, Drop the beat, Jumperman, Sir tauntalot
Aaron-???, Gaze of the gorgon, Sidekick, Boomstick, Honey bees, Mechanical griffin, Out of soap?
Lance- Silver whip, Griffon of graciouness, Globe of light, Artic breath, Battle cry, Beared ballerina, Rolling hedgehog
Macy- Dark drop, Hyper kick, ???, Triple backstab, Bull race, Commanding shout, Mirror me
Axl- Clover of misfortune, Shark attack, Rock'n'roll, Pie guard, Standing ovation, Sun flare, Tooth buster

I forgot all of the patterns can be seen in the app, thanks! Recognized... "dark drop", you called it? With the inking cephalopod? Love that design. 

My favorite yearly coverage is up, this guy really gets up in there:

http://toyfair17.asmzine.com/gallery/lego/nexo-knights/slides/DSC01872.html

It looks like the jaw of the Stone Collossus is connected to the wings to make some sort of action feature. Can be seen in image 1876 in the album linked two posts above.

Lord Krackenskull is an amazing minifig.  The whole wave looks really good.  The printing on the figs is excellent.  Knightington castle has some nice features.  I think lego has done a really nice job with all of these. 

Not sure if any of you already saw this -- new battle pack found in Singapore.

5 minutes ago, makoy said:

Love the helmet on the left!

7 minutes ago, makoy said:

Just now, x105Black said:

Love the helmet on the left!

I love all those Weapons!
Particularly the Spear, as it plays into my idea most of Lances' lances are using break-off explosive tips.
...Of course, I think I was going to mount the OT tip the other way around...

1 hour ago, makoy said:

Good stuff. Really disappointing if there are only three figures for $15, though. Remember when these kinds of packs used to have five?

The inclusion of the regular Castle helmet in silver is pretty cool, I always like some variation among my knights.

I suspect there's a companion pack to this on the way as well.