Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Been a little slow around here lately. LEGO store has the battle packs on sale currently for 50% off if anyone is still looking for them. 

Also had a chance to see some clips of the new season of which Macy's drop bot was shown. At least from the show perspective it had a bit of a helicopter dragon feel to it. Interested to see the LEGO version. Oh and the new season looks like it will be pretty good. 

11 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

To me it seems black but the pictures I got are very blurry it may also be dark purple. But I don't want to cheat anyone: pictures are very blurry,.

I think you may have received the same pictures that were posted a couple of pages back.

Some new episodes of the show are up on the Lego's official Youtube channel in English ;)

Edited by Clx_45

On 2/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, Clx_45 said:

Some new episodes of the show are up on the Lego's official Youtube channel in English ;)

CN hasn't shown anything but I did notice today that episodes are on demand but the first episode is not available. 

Debating on picking up the Volcanic Lair or a bunch of the new stuff. Been waiting along time but the new stuff is so cool I feel. Decisions decisions. 

PS - when is Toy Fair again?

13 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

Debating on picking up the Volcanic Lair or a bunch of the new stuff. Been waiting along time but the new stuff is so cool I feel. Decisions decisions.

I've seen sites like Amazon selling it for about a 1/3 off - so might be best looking around if you do decide on getting the lair. I dont believe we are getting a base for the villains this year other than the vehicle and the colossus.

I would note however that you'll have more time to get the new stuff before its retired/difficult to find while the old stuff is more likely to be on sale at the moment and starting to disappear from shelves to be replaced with new stuff.

13 hours ago, OC_Architect said:

PS - when is Toy Fair again?

18th-21st February. We should expect to see the Summer wave of sets given we've already had the box art images appear via leakers.

A few more days I guess until the hysteria begins again. :) Looking forward to finally getting some clearer pics of the new sets and anything else that might be on the horizon.

I thought I had posted this already but I guess I didn't but looks like another Nexo book will be coming this year which will be a checklist for the Nexo powers. The Lego website has them all listed but it is a little difficult to sift through them all in a meaningful way.

Pocket Book of Powers

On 10-2-2017 at 0:35 AM, OC_Architect said:

Been a little slow around here lately. 

I'm not sure, but it seems TLBM is taking the spotlight right now. Also, other themes have been released or will be next months.

27 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Are you sure there is nothing more than the summer sets?
Because I am not. :wink:

Which means, given how you're a leaker, that there IS more than just the summer sets.

*huh*

On 2/9/2017 at 6:35 PM, OC_Architect said:

Been a little slow around here lately. 

Indeed. Make the 2017 Nexo Knights Thread Great Again. :grin:

41 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

What could this mean? Another wave that we're unaware of? A massive exclusive set?

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

What do you mean? :look:

More sets?

Nexo Knight the movie?

Nexo Knights Episode I. The Lava Monsters Menace?

Nexo Knights: Clay Moorington and the Philosopher's Nexo Stone?

Nexo Knights: Raiders of the Lost Nexo Ark?

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Indeed. Make the 2017 Nexo Knights Thread Great Again. :grin:

What could this mean? Another wave that we're unaware of? A massive exclusive set?

From the leaked photos at least they had a date of June as a release date. That seems kind of early but i suppose being sandwiched between the LBM sets, another wave on the wave, and Ninjago dominating the second half of the year maybe it makes sense. 

Oh, and I think I know what the new purple/blue knight is. Just a guess at this point but after seeing all the things pisodes it makes sense. 

Spoiler

Clay gets turned to stone through the course of the second half of the season so he takes on a grey blue color scheme. If so, would be cool to get this version of Clay

Edited by OC_Architect
Added spoiler tag

Well thanks to the press release for NYTF we know that Knighton Castle is $129.99

Also, there are a total of 19 sets this year, excluding the Combo NEXO Powers Series. We've seen them all. So that's it for the Battle Suits (I'm not surprised).

That huge stone monster tho...

Also, spoiler alert with the queen figure in the castle set

Edited by Robert8

Every time I start to lose interest in Nexo Knights, they pull me right back in...

That Colossus is amazing and reminds me of an old Atlantis MOC of mine (albeit much better). It seems to use all the Forbidden Powers on its head as a "crown"! Knighton Castle is also fantastic. I love that we're getting such an impressive new location-based set, and I'm excited to get a version of King Halbert without his armor. Even the smaller stone monster vehicles in the other sets look great.

I love the recolored purple version of the Ninjago sword for Krakenskull (or whatever his name is. His helmet is cool too), and the creature in Aaron's set looks absolutely amazing. The Colossus is impressive, and far more solidly built and less gappy than I expected from the prelims. Very nice. Axl's one is interesting, seemingly having a tank portion that can split off of it and some sort of scissor-axe action feature. The castle is kind of messy. Why the wooden, brown doors? The little siege vehicle and pillar/collumn monster are cool, and this is probably the best windscreen parts pack ever. The powers are underwhelming, although I like the robo-Merlok and the inclusion of one of the two squirebots that are actually characters in their own right. The Heligoyle is cool, and the harpy looks pretty nice too. Macy's dragon is underwhelming, and this brings me to a point that kind of bugs me. There are even fewer female characters in this years lineup than last year, and Macy, despite being one of the main characters continuously gets only the smallest vehicles. For crying out loud, the only female characters included in the castle are a pig and a statue. And I'm still kind of confused why every action theme is given a predominantly male cast. It's kind of blatantly sexist, and it makes no sense even from a business point of view. Little boys don't care about the gender of the characters, they care about how destructive the character or their vehicles are, both in terms of play and in-story, and constantly making every lineup predominantly male excludes little girls, which means arbitrarily cutting your profits in half. That last point wouldn't even be a big deal for a series with a mostly male cast if at least some other themes had a mostly female cast to make the fact that a particular theme has a mostly male cast just a coincidence rather than an issue. I can't exactly find the right phrasing, but I mean that the characters just happen to be male rather than that being thought of as the default.

Edited by DraikNova

LEGO needs to be more careful about spoilers, cause, yeah, that Castle doesn't bode well for one of our rulers. But hooray! MERLOK!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That huge stone monster tho...

Also, spoiler alert with the queen figure in the castle set

6 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

LEGO needs to be more careful about spoilers, cause, yeah, that Castle doesn't bode well for one of our rulers. But hooray! MERLOK!

Are we sure that's a spoiler?

I mean, the Sculptor working with Monstrux and Jestro was originally cast out of Knighton for his statue of Queen Halberd...

Heligoyle and Stone Collosus are must buy sets for me! Heligoyle build is great and we get Harpy and Gargoyle without wings, and Clay( who for some reason doesn't get his unique sword). Stone Collosus is the same: Jestro with staff, black Gargoyle general, Stone Clay( how can he move if he's a statue?) and Macy. Aaron's set is cool just because of one unique minifigure- Lord Krakenskull, he's just so unique looking minifigure, so I might get that set on sale.

Some of these are really impressive. That canopy set up on Aarons vehicle just looks so cool and some of these bad guy monster builds are fantastic, not sure I can say much more about the villain side of things other then how good they look. The castle looks like a lot of fun and is another way of getting Robin with his black knight print to! Can't really say I'm impressed with Axl's vehicle though. All around it looks to have a great minifig selection! Sadly though it looks like Macy's dragon got shrunk down quite a bit, almost seems like it could be a $10 set? It somewhat looks like a Nexo Knight version of Cole's Dragon from the Skybound sets. It would be cool to have another small set option that comes with the knight characters compared to the battle pack like sets we have got from all the previous waves.