Goblins sound like they will be useful for fantasy castle MOCs

Edited by Robert8

I tried to avoid buying Elves the first wave (in part because I wasn't keen on the minidolls, and in part because of $$$), but with some prodding from my wife got pulled into the second wave. I have come around and quite like the minidolls for displays, and now you're telling me there will be little goblins and airships? I gotta start saving.

Totally off-topic (sorry!)

The idea just occurred to me: if TLG ever decides to produce an honest-to-goodness steampunk theme, I hope it has minidolls, because they would be incredible. Maybe when Elves has run its course (do you hear me, TLG? please-oh-please-oh-please...!)

Has someone found pictures already of the sets for next year? Or the rough design ideas for them?

I'd kill for some pics too <3

If those leprechauns/goblins aren't too cute and mixable with normal minifigs i might be tempted to buy some elves stuff

Alright, I've seen the sets -

General facts -

Goblins, of course. One singule piece, used Scurrier arms I think. They're all really light colors.

The boxes seem to be a darker teal now? They look different. The backgrounds are all a light yellow with pink, reddish shades, mountains, more.

Emily Jones and Sophie Jones are different people, so no translation errors or whatever.

A lot of purple and magenta leave pieces.

41181 Naida's Gondola - Small gondola. Small little piece of land with a rock and a catapult. Includes Naida and a light green goblin

41182 Capture of Sophie Jones - Includes a small apple stand with a purple squirrel. Also has a small rock with a portal, which I'm assuming is similar to the one Emily arrived in. The goblin is driving a cool little vehicle that has a basketball hoop used as a net to swoop down and capture Sophie. Minidolls are Sophie and a light blue goblin.

41183 Goblin King's Evil Dragon - Medium sized dragon that is a mixture of light pastel green, red, magenta, and black. The tail is pretty cool, uses black Mixel teeth. There's also a rock/waterfall with a hidden compartment with a crystal. Minidolls include the Goblin King, who is a minidoll with a long black/red cape and a S15 crown and a lavender/magenta goblin.

41184 Aira's Airship and the Hunt for the Amulet - A very awesome looking airship that's very similar to the Zeppelin Raid from Ninjago. The balloon (white and lavender) has a propeller on the end. It's got very nice gold curvature and the front is a BIONICLE piece that I know the smaller version of Ekimu used. Giant dragon wings on the sides. Aira is throwing purple boomerangs at a goblin riding a winged flyer while Emily Jones is hanging on for dear life on the back!

41185 - Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village - Three builds, two are small buildings with goblin-sized doors (with a cool vine print on them) and each of them has a nicely built roof with dark blue branched, magenta-leaved trees. The 3rd build is a tiny prison with a plant guarding it, with a new 90 degree slide piece above it. There's also a catapult for the goblins to shoot mushrooms. Comes with Azari, Farran, and three goblins, one magenta, yellow, and blue.

That's the Elves lineup! Pretty cool this year.

Sounds amazing!

Each set seems to be its own unique thing, though I'm really sick of dragons at this stage. :P

I'm really impressed with the figures this year, there's nearly as much as a boys theme seemingly...And the king being a mini doll sounds amazing! I wonder could the queen appear in the summer? There doesn't seem to be any animals this year besides a purple squirrel, which I don't get. It's going to cost so much to recolour an animal so why chose one that already exists in Elves? :S

The airship definitely stands out, I don't need to get the Ninjago one now!

It's also interesting the girl themes seem to be making their boxes more gender neutral...

What does Sophie Jones look like and is the Goblin King the only mini doll in the dragon set?

Edited by Soupperson1

Sounds amazing! So the goblins are scurrier-sized, huh... interesting, though a disappointment for those hoping for child-sized mini-dolls. Your description of the goblin colors makes me think they sound like they're some of the paler colors on the color palette (Spring Yellowish Green, Cool Yellow, Light Royal Blue and/or Aqua, and Lavender), which is a neat way to set them apart from the more colorful Elves color schemes. I'm assuming that since you didn't mention Sophie's appearance, she's probably the same (standard) size as Emily and the other Elves? And is the Goblin King fairly human-looking like Emily or the elves, or does he have unusual features that set him apart (perhaps a different skin tone)? I was sort of hoping for the Goblin King's dragon to be a large dragon like the Queen Dragon, but a mid-size evil dragon is nice too.

Can't wait until pictures start to show up!

The Airship sounds like an instabuy :D I might also like the "capture of Sophie Jones" set, but I'd have to see it first. I like the idea of rock formations with hidden stuff in them. I'm not sure about the dragon, by the description it seems rather garish. Magenta and lime and red and black...

Many thanks for the descriptions, CM4Sci! These sound amazing! I was interested in the answer to Lyichir's question as well (below). Thanks in advance for answering our questions! :classic:

And is the Goblin King fairly human-looking like Emily or the elves, or does he have unusual features that set him apart (perhaps a different skin tone)?

Edited by phanstasm

Sounds amazing! So the goblins are scurrier-sized, huh... interesting, though a disappointment for those hoping for child-sized mini-dolls. Your description of the goblin colors makes me think they sound like they're some of the paler colors on the color palette (Spring Yellowish Green, Cool Yellow, Light Royal Blue and/or Aqua, and Lavender), which is a neat way to set them apart from the more colorful Elves color schemes. I'm assuming that since you didn't mention Sophie's appearance, she's probably the same (standard) size as Emily and the other Elves? And is the Goblin King fairly human-looking like Emily or the elves, or does he have unusual features that set him apart (perhaps a different skin tone)? I was sort of hoping for the Goblin King's dragon to be a large dragon like the Queen Dragon, but a mid-size evil dragon is nice too.

Can't wait until pictures start to show up!

Yeah they're the paler colors. Sophie is a normal size fig and is wearing overalls and brown Wyldstyle hair. The king was Farran with a crown (green hair) and cape as a stand-in but the box shows black and red. We'll have to see.

Yeah they're the paler colors. Sophie is a normal size fig and is wearing overalls and brown Wyldstyle hair. The king was Farran with a crown (green hair) and cape as a stand-in but the box shows black and red. We'll have to see.

Farran is the Goblin King? *huh*

What a surprising turn of events, and a good one too!

Farran is the Goblin King? *huh*

What a surprising turn of events, and a good one too!

It was a stand-in lol

They sound more like trolls instead of goblins

I was on a cellphone and I couldn't post the picture before, but this is what comes to my mind with your description CM4Sci (maybe without the hair)

Trolls-2016-Movie.jpg?ssl=1

So the actual Farran is only present in the most expensive set again? XD

Do the minidolls have new outfits, or were the ones from previous year used as stand-ins too?

Edit: By "Ekimu piece" do you mean this:

15744.png

Edited by FortNerd

To me they are nothing like goblin as we think them. They have hair and pointy ears, and small bodies, like new molds.

Do they resembles the picture in Robert8's post (above)?