A magical portal places a post in the thread.

Confirmed pictures and information to be added as it arrives.

41181: Naida's Gondola & the Goblin Thief

41181-1.jpg?201611180859

41182: The Capture of Sophie Jones

41182-1.jpg?201611180859

41183: The Goblin King's Evil Dragon

41183-1.jpg?201611180859

41184: Aira's Air Ship and the Hunt for the Amulet

41184-1.jpg?201611180900

41185: Magic Rescue from the Goblin Village

41185-1.jpg?201611180900

There will be 5 Elves sets next year. The antagonists this time are... goblins!

41181 Nadia's Gondola & The Goblin Thief

41182 The Capture of Sophie Jones

41183 Goblin King's Evil Dragon

41184 Aira's Airship and the Chase for the Amulet

41185 Magic Rescue from Goblin Village 

-

Edited by CM4Sci

^ This might be the perfect opportunity to introduce a shorter minidoll! I can't see them using a combination of minidolls and minifigures.

It should be worth mentioning in Irish mythology Leprechauns we're generally bitter shoemakers for fairies, perhaps they're the Elves' slaves? :P But they were also blue eyed and blond (because most irish people are :P) so take the former with a grain of salt.

How big are the leprechauns mini doll sized or microsized? I'd be happy with either to be honest.

Leprechauns? I'm going to withhold judgement until I see the sets...

Agreed.

Though I guess... Maybe they steal stuff? So mischievous stealers rather than a Big Bad like this year. But... it still sounds not promising. Though I do like green.

Edited by Sarah

Could leprechaun be a placeholder name for gnome? Gnomes would make more sense, since they can be trouble makers too, have a bit more flexibility in their appearance, and they aren't as tied to modern stereotypes such as those associated with leprechauns (a green, Irish caricature). Dwarfs would be cool too.

Yea I think its unlikely that they would actually use a name so tied to a specific culture, but gnomes or something similar makes sense. Could be cool.

Sounds ridiculous! Can't wait to see the sets!

More green bricks is always good!

In irish mythology leprechauns weren't always green, so we could get a leprechaun for each element rather then just green like earth.

Sounds very interesting! Elves theme is full of fresh ideas, I think there's nothing to worry about. It may be nice replacement for boring stereotypes. I truly believe in awesomeness of designers team :)

Also what if leprechauns will be not minidolls but little figures like squirrel or baby dragons? And they will crowd little cities where elves are giants,ha-ha? :)

To mention, when my little 7year old sister came and played with my Lego elves she preferred to play with little animals, not with minidolls and dragons, it surprised me a lot.

Ok, this sounds interesting.

I hope we'll see more magical creatures

Edited by Robert8

This is a small wave,I hope this is not the final year for Elves :sceptic:

It's only one set less than the last two winter waves. We may possibly get five sets in the summer, rather than four this year so we'd get ten sets again. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a LEGO store exclusive set this year too Friends got them two years after its debut. If it was the final wave, I'm sure it would be about reuniting Skyra and the other sisters rather than evil leprechauns.

Leprechauns or Gnomes are earth related, which means I might be getting my earth themed castle after all.....