ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

23 minutes ago, BlockLogo said:

I'm looking at this piece on my phone and can't see it all too clearly, but me it just looks like a SNOT build with inverted slope bricks, not tiles.

O my god, you're right!
Ah, now you've spoiled all the fun! :grin:

25 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I'm not sure what piece you're seeing.  Is it this piece on its side you're talking about?  https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2449#T=S&O={}

Either way I'm really excited for this set and finally putting together a fairgrounds.

Yes, turns out I mistook them for a 2x3 angled tile. :sceptic:

Did anyone else notices that the pictures shows five animals, but they aren't placed symetrical to each other? To me it kinda looks like there's a sixth animal behind the middle part of the Carousel (mirrored to the swan) which can't be seen... :wacko:

Or were the animals moved abit just so they were all contained in the picture? :sceptic:

I think there is one more behind the elephant / in front of the frog as it is Flamingo - empty - Swan - empty - Tiger - empty - Frog - empty - Something - empty - Elephant - empty.

But I don't get why the animals look so sad in all of their facial expressions (mostly eyes). 

Edited by Kevii23

Just now, Kevii23 said:

I think there is one more behind the elephant / in front of the frog as it is Flamingo - empty - Swan - empty - Tiger - empty - Frog - empty - Something - empty - Elephant - empty.

But I don't get why the animals look so sad in all of their facial expressions (mostly eyes). 

I don't think there is another animal but I do think the image is angled just so it omits what may be a large empty space in the rear(?)  The press release says 5 animals: "5 buildable animal rides, including a white swan and 4 moving animals" so maybe that 6th spot is where the crank sits when not in use.

6 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Maybe because one of their friends is missing? :tongue: Anyway it seems that every animal is contained by a grey pilar at each side, aka whats between the frog and elephant?

W189Bnq.jpg

2 minutes ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I don't think there is another animal but I do think the image is angled just so it omits what may be a large empty space in the rear(?)  The press release says 5 animals: "5 buildable animal rides, including a white swan and 4 moving animals" so maybe that 6th spot is where the crank sits when not in use.

I'm affraid that can be true, kinda  logical since the text (previous page) states that its 'easy to transport', meaning the ticket boot and turning mechanism can probably be fit in the empty place! (The place mirrored from the swan, between the frog and elephant)

I'm curious now how that will look like, when there's (probably) an empty spot between all the animals.

I doubt it and not sure how I'd feel about it anyway but what if there were a polybag promo that was the 6th animal?  Otherwise I'm sure we can all fill that space with another animal.

So what is the deal with the steps?  I have seen lots of carousels in my life, but I never saw steps as a feature.  Animals and sleighs are common.  But steps?  Are these supposed to be some sort of 'magical steps'?  Has anyone ever seen this on an actual carousel?

Kind of a neat set but kind of disappointed with the designer video.  Felt rushed to me sadly 

Hmm guess we have to MOD that to a 6th animal and cover up the underside of the top with some plates/wedges. Too bad they didn't show us the set next to the Ferris Wheel. 

27 minutes ago, wooster said:

So what is the deal with the steps?  I have seen lots of carousels in my life, but I never saw steps as a feature.  Animals and sleighs are common.  But steps?  Are these supposed to be some sort of 'magical steps'?  Has anyone ever seen this on an actual carousel?

I think they did that to make it more realistic for Lego figures to get on an animal, but I would have rather seen another animal. I've seen some steps on carousels, but they're never used to get on a horse/animal/whatever thing you sit on. 

Glad there's finally the official info, but do I see it correctly that there will be stickers as the golden mirrors in the middle part of the carousel?

2 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

The sixth spot is for stairs to second platform.

Here you go:

https://brickset.com/article/27740/creator-expert-carousel-revealed!

Finally the mystery is solved, thanks! :grin:

2 hours ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I doubt it and not sure how I'd feel about it anyway but what if there were a polybag promo that was the 6th animal?  Otherwise I'm sure we can all fill that space with another animal.

Its possible, like the Ferris Wheel, that a polybag will be released at the same time as the set. Since there won't be a sixth animal, it will have to be somthing else though...

Is it just me or does the swing ride that's always in the background of these sets seem to be getting more and more close? I personally would be pretty happy seeing it being released as a set in the future! 

8 minutes ago, TheLazyChicken said:

Is it just me or does the swing ride that's always in the background of these sets seem to be getting more and more close? I personally would be pretty happy seeing it being released as a set in the future! 

Well seen! It looks like both the swing attraction as the rollercoaster are getting closer and closer to the scene...

The next fairground attraction will probably also be a classic one, but which one is a good thing to speculate about for the upcoming year :tongue:

42 minutes ago, Doge said:

Glad there's finally the official info, but do I see it correctly that there will be stickers as the golden mirrors in the middle part of the carousel?

Finally the mystery is solved, thanks! :grin:

Its possible, like the Ferris Wheel, that a polybag will be released at the same time as the set. Since there won't be a sixth animal, it will have to be somthing else though...

Was there an add-on to the Ferris wheel?  I'm off to BL to investigate!

4 minutes ago, Doge said:

Ever wondered where the balloon on the Ferris Wheel comes from? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40108-1

Ah, glad it wasn't the silly flower cart!  I thought they meant a missing car or something.. I don't see them adding a 6th seat for the Ferris wheel via poly but it would be cool if they did!

On 28-4-2017 at 0:18 AM, TheLazyChicken said:

The balloon cart was actually a promotion with the fairground mixer back in 2014. We unfortunately didn't get a promotion with the Ferris wheel.

Thanks for the fix, a shame it appearantly isn't a tradition for Fairground themed sets...

I'm currently looking into buying a fairground themed set (10244 Fairground Mixer/10247 Ferris Wheel/10257 Carousel) to go with my Modulars!

Can somebody advice which set fit the best with Modular themed building? Also, does somebody maybe have pictures where both modulars as fairground sets are visible for comperison?

Just now, Doge said:

I'm currently looking into buying a fairground themed set (10244 Fairground Mixer/10247 Ferris Wheel/10257 Carousel) to go with my Modulars!

Can somebody advice which set fit the best with Modular themed building? Also, does somebody maybe have pictures where both modulars as fairground sets are visible for comperison?

Well, the Mixer is now retired, so if you're even thinking about it, I'd say pick it up now because the aftermarket price is only going to go up. I personally think the Ferris Wheel would look best in a modular layout if it's behind the buildings, but the Carousel would be nice as a centerpiece if you have your buildings arranged around a town square.

@EddieZ Thanks for the nice video, gives a good impression!

@Tragic Banjo Good point will take a look at it, thanks!

If anybody else got an opinion/video or picture, feel free to share! :)