ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Kool. Tha means that there will be more sets. :)

Press release has been anounced on LEGO Ambassador Network, where we also got informatin that posted picture is considered a leak (and needs to be removed).

Yes indeed! Great to know when and where, but will it also be in announced in a physical place just as other sets?

Also, you want me to remove my posty with said picture?

10 minutes ago, Doge said:

Fun fact: The Lego company is now calling the 'Fairground' sets now as a complete theme, just as modulars and seasonal sets! Follow the link bellow and look at your right:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/creatorexpert/articles/10196-grand-carousel-9f1a404371fc40c398e90fe0c346a9ba

PS: Also, where can info about the press release been found? :D

That is reaaly good to hear. That means we are going to see more fairground sets in the future, right?

AFAIK there will be no special unveiling event, there will be just press release.

About the picture: I'm not moderator on Eurobricks, so I can not say if you need to remove it or not.

1 minute ago, Kjellevirus said:

That is reaaly good to hear. That means we are going to see more fairground sets in the future, right?

It means that the Lego company now (as at this moment) sees the Fairground as an official theme, just as Modulars and Seasonal sets, so basically yes :D

Just now, Cwetqo said:

AFAIK there will be no special unveiling event, there will be just press release.

About the picture: I'm not moderator on Eurobricks, so I can not say if you need to remove it or not.

Ok thanks for the info!

Edited by Doge

Kind of surprising that this seems to reuse the crown from the "King Pig" in the Angry Birds theme. That's the kind of part that I might otherwise have presumed to be IP locked.

Altogether this set looks great, and I can't wait to get further details.

Any price ideas? Can't wait for the press release. Facebook, I presume? The set number is 10196, it says. 

Edited by Lego-fire

35 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

The set number is 10196, it says.

10196 is the older set from 2009, the new one's set number is 10257. :classic:

Official images are out there now.

Official set number is 10257

42 minutes ago, makoy said:

Official images are out there now.

Official set number is 10257

Can't find the pictures. Can you help me please? 

3 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Can't find the pictures. Can you help me please? 

Embargo still in effect. ... Published prematurely. Now pulled out. You can still find it from FB groups in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Those gold decals, they look like to be all stickers? I'm happy with the piece count. Now I'm curious about the price.

Edited by Kjellevirus

3 minutes ago, makoy said:

Embargo still in effect. ... Published prematurely. Now pulled out. You can still find it from FB groups in Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Thank you very much. 

Just now, Kjellevirus said:

Those gold decals, they look like to be all stickers? 

I guess you are right. The GC had also some mirror stickers. 

6 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

It looks really really good.. Looking forward to the price.

Public release from LEGO.

LEGO set 10257 Carousel

Ages 16+. 2,670 pieces.

US $199.99 – CA $249.99 – DE 179.99€ – UK £159.99 – DK 1499.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Discover the fairground’s star attraction with the Carousel!

Experience the majestic Carousel with a wealth of delightful features, including a large textile canopy, ornate reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, and a 2-tier deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with 5 buildable animal rides, including a white swan and 4 moving animals. Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates. This delightful LEGO® Creator Expert model has an iconic elegance that evokes feelings of nostalgia, romance and adventure. Upgrade with LEGO Power Functions for fully motorized operation.

Includes 7 minifigures: a ride operator, mom, dad, boy, girl, grandmother and a granddaughter.
The Carousel features a large textile canopy, ornate, reflective rounding boards with blue and gold detailing, reflective center panels, two-level deck comprising a raised boarding platform with handrail and a main platform with five buildable animal rides, including a white swan and four moving animals: an elephant, tiger, flamingo and a frog.

Also features a sturdy, buildable base for easy transportation.
Buy your ticket at the booth, take the stairs to the boarding platform and choose your favorite animal ride.
Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates.
Enjoy an ice cream, candy or a delicious hot dog as you watch the whirling carousel.
Accessory elements include a camera, ice cream, candy and a hot dog in a bun.
New decorated elements include printed tickets and printed storybook tiles.
Includes lots of molded golden elements, reflective golden labels and medium-blue/dark-blue elements.

Motorize the Carousel with the LEGO® Power Functions 8883 medium motor and 88000 AAA battery box (not included).
Collect and build an entire fairground with the LEGO® Creator Expert 10247 Ferris Wheel.
Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 14” (38cm) wide and 13” (35cm) deep.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning
June 1, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone

31 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

and a main platform with 5 buildable animal rides, including a white swan and 4 moving animals. Turn the crank and see the elephant, tiger, flamingo and frog move up and down as the carousel rotates.

Awesome! Hopefully it will rotate better than the last Carousel. I'm kinda annoyed though that the animals are positioned like there's a sixth animal hiding between the frog and elephant... :sceptic:

Shame that there isn't a soundbrick though... :hmpf_bad:

Alright, more pieces than the Ferris Wheel and the same price (which should be €190 here) so that's actually pretty cool. I wonder if they don't mention the 2014 Fairground set in the Press Release because it's retired or because it's not really matching with this and the Ferris Wheel. 

We love it.
Ours as soon as it is released.
Does that look like a new angled 2x3 tile in tan, on the carousel floor? Visible below the frog and the other animals.
I don't recognise it.

6 minutes ago, Withacee said:

We love it.
Does that look like a new angled 2x3 tile in tan, on the carousel floor? Visible below the frog and the other animals.
I don't recognise it.

I think that is a new piece! Well spotted.

Just now, Boromir said:

I think that is a new piece! Well spotted.

And it comes in a left and a right version.
Hopefully, this will lead to other colours in the future, like with the 2x2 corner tile. Useful part.

12 minutes ago, Withacee said:

And it comes in a left and a right version.
Hopefully, this will lead to other colours in the future, like with the 2x2 corner tile. Useful part.

I'm not sure what piece you're seeing.  Is it this piece on its side you're talking about?  https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2449#T=S&O={}

Either way I'm really excited for this set and finally putting together a fairgrounds.

28 minutes ago, Withacee said:

We love it.
I don't recognise it.

I'm looking at this piece on my phone and can't see it all too clearly, but me it just looks like a SNOT build with inverted slope bricks, not tiles.