ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

This looks fabulous.

Looking at the size of the minifigs in the picture, the set does not look particularly small to me.
I want it. I shall buy it. No matter what. It's mine. Mine, I say!

Cant wait to see the official pictures and love to see it set up next to the mixer and ferris wheel

The last Carousel was huge. I built it recently. I was severely unimpressed with the mechanics, but the size was above what I expected. This looks smaller, but in picture form, it is tough to gauge scale accurately.

The color scheme was neat, but I'm not sure yet. It blends with the Ferris Wheel quite well though.

I love the animal rides. At least it is something different.

I would imagine this will be a much smoother rotation considering how far LEGO has come since the last release.

A review AND the price will determine if I pick this up or not. I skipped the Mixer, so I'm not invested in the amusement park theme per se. Although I do have most of the Friends sets, so I'll make my own Amusement park with them for my daughter.

Wow! This is a nice surprise. I like the smaller size, easier to incorporate into a town setting. It looks great, the animals are so much cooler than just having horses.

I really hope those tile are printed. Due to the number of them I doubt they are.

I think I'm going to love this! Just look at the detailing up on the top portion. Wow! It looks awesome! Can't wait to get it, and I hope there's more fairground sets coming.

Edited by Boromir

Small detail but it's bugging me: thebrickfan keeps saying the set number is 10256. It's not; it's 10257. No idea what 10256 was supposed to be.

Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the animals won't be moving up and down like the horses on the Grand Carousel. Not a big deal because I think the varied animals make it worthwhile (and you don't often see an elephant or flamingo galloping like a horse haha), but I could be wrong and it could all be covered up by the upper part. Overall I think it looks fantastic! Can't wait!! 

Edit: I was wrong! I was looking for the moving mechanisms on top like the GC, but they are much more seamless on this model. Looks great! 

Edited by Pickbricker89
Correcting myself

15 minutes ago, Kjellevirus said:

No they changed it too. They changed it too question mark. 

This makes me wonder what 10256 will be. 

Ah....so they removed it(after I posted the link).
New D2C set ? 10256 - UCS MF? :)

The flat side of the base plate that the carousel sits on is 24 studs.  That's not counting the width resulting from the diagonal pieces.  So I suspect the footprint of this model is about a 32 x 32 baseplate.

1 minute ago, wooster said:

The flat side of the base plate that the carousel sits on is 24 studs.  That's not counting the width resulting from the diagonal pieces.  So I suspect the footprint of this model is about a 32 x 32 baseplate.

I think the diagonal pieces are 8x8 wedge plates.  So the square footprint of this carousel (including the green grass surrounding it) would be 40x40 studs.  I think this thing is bigger than it looks in that photo.

23 minutes ago, ultiminutes said:

Ah....so they removed it(after I posted the link).
New D2C set ? 10256 - UCS MF? :)

You cannot quote Brickset with the final set number without supporting evidence because sometimes @Puffle Pal26 edit back the names to {?} and it can lead to confusion.

Over in the Ninjago forums we debate that unconfirmed names should not even appear in Brickset even if they got the squiggly / curly brackets in their name because it is supposed to be a database. 

For now, always check the change log in Brickset.

36 minutes ago, makoy said:

You cannot quote Brickset with the final set number without supporting evidence because sometimes @Puffle Pal26 edit back the names to {?} and it can lead to confusion.

Over in the Ninjago forums we debate that unconfirmed names should not even appear in Brickset even if they got the squiggly / curly brackets in their name because it is supposed to be a database. 

For now, always check the change log in Brickset.

No worries there.
It's a huge, constantly changing database managed by fans.
Thanks for the heads up though :) Will screenshot whenever necessary.

Press release is coming tomorrow (27th) at 15:30 Billund time.

6 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

That might actually also look pretty good on large squares in between the modular buildings!!!

It would look fabulous in the centre of your large city square, LegoSjaak!! Canberra has one in the city centre, in a large pedestrian area lined with shops. I know my kids will love to recreate that area with their own carousel, now.