ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Slightly higher piece count than the Ferris Wheel from what I hear, but I'm not 100% certain so don't quote me on that.

2 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

June 1st is indeed the release date. No VIP early access as far as I know, and I also don't know when it will be officially announced. I'm assuming it'll be soon, since it's likely to be pictured on the June calendar.

Very nice. I missed out on this during the initial release.

35 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Slightly higher piece count than the Ferris Wheel from what I hear, but I'm not 100% certain so don't quote me on that.

No problem! I'm already happy that you comfirmed that there is a new fairground set! :wink: Thats more than enough. 

the "upgraded" Ferris wheel from 4957 to 10247 took some 8 years.

It's highly about time the 10196 got an upgrade too this year ( 2009+8 = 2017 )

I'd rather see smaller, but better built carousel. I have very poor experience with running 10196 for anything more than few rounds.  Whole thing is to heavy and too bulky and will start dragging lower platform (which is driven) to one side and twisting white axles, which turn whole superstructure. Rotation is very uneven and tire, which drives whole thing, gets "eaten" fairly fast.

On 22/04/2017 at 11:39 PM, TheLazyChicken said:

It's probably going to be a carousel, there were rumors last year about it coming out this year. 

I do hope they make a roller coaster some day though.

i missed the first Carousel, have no problem if it will be another Carousel, just hoping it will be a newly improved Grand Carousel :wink:

cant hardly wait..oo the hypeee :wub:

One would hope they improved the technic substructure because the current one ends up with issues it you motorized all day while at shows.

I'd imagine by now they could come up with a better way to design it. I agree with a few above comments about how horrible the original spins. I build it recently and was unimpressed. I'll likely take it apart and work on something smaller for my Friends Amusement Park. We'll see about this new one, but if it is too expensive, I'll likely pass. I have more important builds to work on.

I just got the Fairground Mixer last year, and next time there's double points I'm getting the Ferris Wheel, so I'm really excited to hear this line is continuing! :sweet:

So, the picture is out. Any comments?

I must say that I like the size (a bit smaller) and ride figures, but I'm not so sure about light blue/gold combination. I still prefer more vivid colours of previous set.

Yes I am very pleased that it is smaller, as it will fit both my money and space budgets better.  It does look similar in style to the grand carousel though which is fantastic. The yellow (gold?) sails don't immediately appeal but I will reserve judgement for seeing it for real. If they are gold then I think it will look amazing and be easier to mod the other colours.  If yellow then it may not be as attractive, but I am not such a purist that I wouldn't consider replacing them with fabric in another colour. I think this will be a particularly fun set to mod and despite not having any other fairground sets yet, hubby and I just looked at the picture and went 'yes'!!

Smaller then expect but I'll be picking it up anyway - grand carousel was out of my budget so this will be a great substitute.

I like the looks of this one! Many nice details and great colour scheme!

1 hour ago, Fabz_Lego said:

Definitely BUY!

NIce so its true a new GRAND Carousel

is that a ticket booth also included?

I think it is included. What about the deco? Stickers or printed tiles?