Sign in to follow this  
Lorentzen

Video Review - 6286 - Skull's Eye Schooner

Hi guys... I've been at it again.

I decided to put the pictures from my Pictorial Review of the magnificent Skull's Eye Schooner into an iMovie video. It's so easy, but it gives the review a new life, and it could appeal to those who do not want to read a normal review.

Here is the link, if you would like to see it:

I'm still not too sure about speaking in my reviews, so for now, they are just pictures, text and music

C&C is welcomed

Edited by Lorentzen

I´ll have the honor of being the very first subscriber to you Sir! pirate_classic.gif Even though you wont speak in your videos, doesn't make the videos bad. I like your choise of music in these, and everyone have to start at somewhere Am I right, or am I right? Keep them coming!

Captain Becker

EDIT: Somehow I cant write correctly. pirate_tong.gif Too much rum maby? pirate_look.gif

Edited by Captain Becker

C&C is welcomed

Your text at the bottom of the screen can't be seen if my mouse wanders onto the video and the "play bar" pops up. :look:

Good review otherwise. :thumbup:

Phredit:

I added this review to the Set Review Index.

Thanks for the heads up - I think I'm going to change that and upload a new version of the video.

...and keep that in mind when I make other reviews. But is it because you use a phone to see the review, or is it also a problem on bigger screens?

Not for me atleast. Maybe its just the certain cellphones. pirate_look.gif And yes, I watched this on my cellphone as well, no problem what so ever.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Thanks for the kind words - they are just 'short, sweet reviews' as I like to call them.

There are so many impressive video reviews out there (for example BrickPlanet's stop motion or Jangbricks) but I think that these short 'pictures as video' review are a good, quick way of getting to know the sets.

Tomorrow I will do Lagoon Lock-Up and Forbidden Island :)

...But is it because you use a phone to see the review, or is it also a problem on bigger screens?

The phone is worse. Half the text is blocked out on my desktop screen.

Good, you didn't forget to mention Steve. pir_laugh2.gif

It's a great set, although I still prefer the BSB myself...

Edited by Dreamweb

Good, you didn't forget to mention Steve. pir_laugh2.gif

Steve is my favorite Classic Pirate Fig. :pir-wub:

It's too bad I only have one.

Steve is my favorite Classic Pirate Fig. :pir-wub:

It's too bad I only have one.

Id say youre lucky that you have even that one. I only got the torso from bricklink and I had to pay it like 12 euros.... Still, it was in excellet condition so, worth it!

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Id say youre lucky that you have even that one. I only got the torso from bricklink and I had to pay it like 12 euros.... Still, it was in excellet condition so, worth it!

Captain Becker

Chee...12 Euro for only Torso!!!!

I could sell you a complete Steve Fig in new condition for that price...:-)...

Cheers

Chee...12 Euro for only Torso!!!!

I could sell you a complete Steve Fig in new condition for that price...:-)...

Cheers

I know... pirate_hmpf.gif And if youre really willing and serious for that matter, then sure! Ill happily oblige. pir_laugh2.gif And It was part of a bigger order, and I saw it as a one time opportunity so I did swallow the price, however hard it was.

Captain Becker

EDIT: So that this doesnt get out of topic, lets continue this conversation in PM if you wish to talk more about this. pirate_blush.gif

Edited by Captain Becker