Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

The Lonely Watch

With the fall of most of Kaliphilin to the Desert King, The High Council has resolved to hold on to all of it's remaining outposts, no matter how small. The Lonely Watch is such an outpost. Located southwest of Gorr, it serves as a small resupply station for council forces and insurgents still resisting the Desert King in the Spice Islands.

The outpost sits upon a spit of land within a small atoll and is mostly self sufficient, using a small raft to skim the shallow waters for fish and crabs, fruit from the nearby islands, and using barrels and containers to collect fresh water from the frequent storms. Supplies, along with fresh soldiers, arrive from the city of Barqa once a month and include comfort items, such as wine and oil and of course gossip. 3-5 soldiers serve one month stints on the island, and pass the time sparring, sleeping, hunting and watch duty over the vast Southern Ocean

So, I have been wanting to do an "edge of the world" type build for a while now, and this seemed perfect. I'm taking to a break from Nocty before gearing up before the next challenge, so the next two builds will probably represent Mitgardia and Avalonia respectively. As always thanks for looking! And I hope Gideon doesn't mind me borrowing his troops...

24467937540_b6c6b1953e_b.jpg

24737232396_d7aae575d6_b.jpg

24737230866_8fb91c6059_b.jpg

24763456665_e769cc25e9_b.jpg

I love the fact that Kaliphilin saved all it's colors and atmosphere

lovely build, friend

Very nice build blufiji! I am really enamored with those palm trees, but honestly, the whole build is eye catching and well executed.

Excellent work here, the architecture looks great and the vegetation is really nice as well! The trans clear 1x1s around the edges add a nice touch! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it. The best part of this to me was building the palm trees, they are based off of trees found in the California High Desert.

Wow ! Really great build ! I like your foliage too. Good Palm tree design !

Good job as always ! I can't wait to see what you will build in Avalonia !

Brilliant architecture! I love how you designed the building to transform from square to round to accommodate the dome! Nicely done!

The vision your backstory creates is something to dream of by itself! The build is fantastic, flawless! :wub: The flora is definitely a highlight and something I think is notable too is Sand Green as ground cover colour, very nice. Outstanding build overall :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Guys! And eys there is a door. It's in the second picture, partially covered by foliage.

Wow ! Really great build ! I like your foliage too. Good Palm tree design !

Good job as always ! I can't wait to see what you will build in Avalonia !

I think it'll capture you guys' land perfectly, or atleast I hope. Thanks!

It's great that you saved some time to return to Gorr. I loved your depiction of the isle during the civil war. Those mocs had bee some of your strongest entries to the civil war.

Egde of the worlds fits. It's exotic and gives me this feel of distant shores in the far southern ocean that most Nocturnians never have heard of.

The architecture has a Gondorian touch to me. I really like that. Now I'm excited what you will show us for Avalonia.

Excellent build Blufiji, fantastic work with the foliage and undergrowth, and the tower does not disappoint either! The trans-clear around the border is a great addition as well!

Lovely tower :wub:. Those fancy oriental arches with the two windows behind them give a fantastic look! And of course, Tatooine makes a great doom.

The landscape around it is also very nice, I'm especially fond of your unique palm tree design. It's always good seeing people trying something new and achieving great results :thumbup:.

Great job, keep up the good work! Greetings

Simon

Gorgeous build Blufiji! :wub: The foliage, layout of the building and palm tree technique are all superb :thumbup:

I really like the dome as well :classic:

That is some gorgeous Kaliphlin architecture :wub: The stepping domes, and use of the new decorated arch/fence part look amazing :thumbup:

Plus you have an excellent landscape around it :classic: