Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBrickBuilder14

[MOC] Arkham Asylum Batmobile

24 posts in this topic

Ever since it made its first appearance in the video game Arkham Asylum I have been a huge fan of the Arkham verse Batmobile (so the 1st one not the tank one that was in Arkham Knight). For a long time I wanted to recreate it in Lego form and I have finally done exactly that.

The Arkham-verse Batmobile as it is known was a rather small one much like the Batmobile from 1989 and as such it isn't exactly big in Lego form either. My version is as close to minifigure scale as I could get and I must say that I am rather pleased with it.

I have decided to make the canopy red because in the comics the Batmobile is almost Always depicted with red windows, don't know why but I do like the effect that it provides. Anyway here are some pictures:

24575179862_de618a1b07_b.jpg

14540928941_DISPLAY.jpg

Here is the Batmobile from the front, you can clearly see part of the engine, a custom built, high performance turbo-charged V8 engine (creating 1200bhp).

14540928721_DISPLAY.jpg

14540928371_DISPLAY.jpg

14540928151_DISPLAY.jpg

A look at the turbine engine with afterburner in the rear for sudden bursts of speed.

14540927931_DISPLAY.jpg

14540927461_DISPLAY.jpg14540926921_DISPLAY.jpg

14540926591_DISPLAY.jpg

I hope you like my version of the Arkham verse Batmobile, have a nice day :classic:

Having made one myself, I must say, stunning work ! Love the front, the headlights and the whole area around them is spot on ! One small comment/recommendation I have though, the only part that kind of sticks out and doesn't resemble the game model too much is that "3942" part you used as an afterburner . But other than that , amazing job man , great representation of a great Batmobile :thumbup:

Wow! Really nice batmobile! It has a high level of details despites the scale! I really enjoy this kind of vehicules in that scale. I have to admit I would prefer the minifig to fit in the cockpit but that means no "glass" to the windscreen.

Wow! Really nice batmobile! It has a high level of details despites the scale! I really enjoy this kind of vehicules in that scale. I have to admit I would prefer the minifig to fit in the cockpit but that means no "glass" to the windscreen.

It can be modified to fit Batman:

Edited by mqbui1

Thanks! Really glad that you like it. Like mqbui said he managed to take my design and made some slight adjustments to it so that it can actually fit a minifigure, unfortunately it does indeed mean that there is no glass to the windscreen. It really comes down to what you prefer I guess. Fitting a minifigure inside or having a cockpit with glass inside.

A while ago I created my own version of the Batmobile that appears in the videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum. I also posted the built in Lego Digital Designer so that everyone could make it for themselves. Someone (mqbui1) did exactly that but made some changes to my design so that the car could actually fit a minifigure, after seeing this I was inspired to do this myself but whereas his design could only fit a Batman with the new (version 3) cowl I managed to find a way to fit any Batman figure in my Batmobile.

As most good things do this also comes with a sortof negative thing, the bottom of the car now almost touches the ground. The wheels do still turn but not as smoothly as they did before.

I guess it all comes down to what you prefer, a Batmobile that can drive around (the previous version) or a Batmobile that can fit a minifigure (this version).

I also added some details inside the cockpit as it just adds that little more to the built.

Some Pictures:

14574710911_DISPLAY.jpg

14574710361_DISPLAY.jpg

14574709031_DISPLAY.jpg

14574708321_DISPLAY.jpg

Hey would it be possible to get instructions for your batmibile final version. I know that's a lot to ask but I have had a hard time trying to build it myself.

Amazing model man! But, how did you manage to fit Batman in? I built this and I can't get him in no matter how hard I try!

Very nice! It's also cool how Batman can fit in as well. I never expected it to be of scale in that sense...

Amazing model man! But, how did you manage to fit Batman in? I built this and I can't get him in no matter how hard I try!

Thank you! You have to replace the underside with this piece: http://www.bricklink...={"color":"11"} and then rework the model a little bit. At the back of the cockpit you have to use this piece so that the cowl can just about fit in: http://www.bricklink...&O={"cond":"N"} . Hope this helps a little bit. Edited by TheBrickBuilder14

Fantastic MOC. Can you upload somewhere else the instructions because the provided link is not working anymore ?

2 hours ago, OneOfAll said:

Fantastic MOC. Can you upload somewhere else the instructions because the provided link is not working anymore ?

True, apparently Mocpages is offline. I could send you the instructions via email if you'd like. Just send me a pm with your email address.