Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

8436 - Added Gearbox!

I Decided to modify my 8436. It was about time. I have added a rather simple and crude gearbox. It works, but shifting gears is tricky. I still have to mount the Gearstick. If I used a motor it would work, but it dont work when pushing it along (Spiral gear is used). Please Comment and feel free to tell me how to improve it.

Gallery

Stauder :-$

Its one of my more comlpicated modifications. And It took bout 2 Hours. And no. I didint look at any gearbox diagrams before I started, if somone asks. But my dad did help abit. ;-)

A small, simple but very neat 2+R gearbox. All the more impressive that you (and your father) took the time to figure it out yourselves. *y*

A variation of this setup is used for the automatic gearboxes one can build in Technic, but those are three forward and no reverse (motor reverses and the gearbox stays in third). Plus the shift-motivator itself is the size of the gearbox. :-/

Great to see you are still working on this. *sweet* Keep the updates coming! My son is too young for this kind of stuff; I have enough trouble persuading him to overlap bricks. :-|

I decided to remove it today.. But I heard a Certain big Black Technic tow truck is gonna arrive in a few months, So best plan ahead!

@ Sinner - Dont worry, just keep him away from M$^!B(*#&S!

I decided to remove it today.. But I heard a Certain big Black Technic tow truck is gonna arrive in a few months, So best plan ahead!

@ Sinner - Dont worry, just keep him away from M$^!B(*#&S!

The Tow Truck is a great set. I bought mine for parts but I found it harder than I thought to break it. (I was really short on pins and studless-beams at the time; not anymore! :-P ) It is also very roomy if you want to enhance it. As for M&g!Bl@ks; there are none in my house! :-X

The Tow Truck is a great set. I bought mine for parts but I found it harder than I thought to break it. (I was really short on pins and studless-beams at the time; not anymore! :-P ) It is also very roomy if you want to enhance it. As for M&g!Bl@ks; there are none in my house! :-X

The tow truck is a great set, and has so much potential to boot! Like Sinner siad, there tons of room to add a gear box, extra pnuematics, compressor, and so on. I added a pnuematic lift for the rear boom, and tow bar. Still working on making the tow bar pivot from side to side though.

I added a pnuematic lift for the rear boom, and tow bar. Still working on making the tow bar pivot from side to side though.

Stop that! You're going to make me want to rebuild it if you keep that up! :-D