Although not posted as new parts, I believe the orange soft axles may be new.

They are definitely new in that color..

Edited by Paul Boratko

I appreciate the effort in paddle shifters, but am I the only one who would prefer(but not true to the original car) a regular six speed gearbox?

And not that I am complaing, but why does the U.S. get it in June, but everyone else gets it in August..?

And why would you say that?

Available June 1st from shop.LEGO.com worldwide and brand stores in Germany and Austria, then elsewhere August 1st. No early access for VIPs

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

I appreciate the effort in paddle shifters, but am I the only one who would prefer(but not true to the original car) a regular six speed gearbox?

That is old school and would require some foot work to shift.

It would be an interesting MOD for someone to try.

I originally thought that too, but seeing the function, I'm happy they did a gearbox they have not done before. The reality is that at this level of car the stick shift is going away.

It does bother me the car is a four speed, but I understand the limitations and reasons for doing the four.

Well, I've seen the designer's video and it's really impressive, specifically the gearbox and its smooth operation. The only disappointed thing, was the lack of proper suspension and steering geometry in the front. I think that the designers had the chance to use the new hub wheel and wheels in a "pro way"

There's more to the back of the gearbox, maybe it's time to start experimenting with that again in Ldraw.

Oh yeah, I remember your builds and still you were close to the actual thing. So, go ahead. It's your time :tongue:

Overall the car looks really good, but the entire steering area looks awful. I know what the goal was, but in my opinion it didn't turn out very well. Also kind of cheesy having to grab those parts and rubber bands to shift, but I guess they had to go with what works best.

So now we have the confirmation of all features in this model.

One thing hurts my eyes : no HOG. Ok it’s actually a reproduction but Zero playability for me.

About the gearbox and the shifter : Sometimes i ask myself if TLG isn’t taking his inspiration directly out of the AFOL’s work.

This shifter exist on mocs for about two years now….in exactly the same disposition and using about the same elements to achieve it…

Whatever, this is a really cool set and a great design.

Well that turned out allirght, kind of a pity the colour isn't more like the real Porsche and Lego defaulted to normal bright orange, but oh well.

Kudos for the smooth paddle shift gearbox (even if it needed a new red gearbox piece) and double clutch. I do find it a pity there are no working brakes when you got rims that provide space for them and Sheepo has been building them into his models for years now. 4 speed transmission is also a pity, as is the flat 6 instead of true boxer, but those are minor things.

Box looks to be the size of the Helicarrier and Ghostbusters HQ, so 58x48x18cm, basically 2 Technic flagship boxes on top of each other.

It's odd they are calling this "Ultimate" when there are so many other Technic models by Lego that are more advanced. This model doesn't even have as many working features as the 8880.

Ackk, blue axle-pin connectors and blue 3L pins in view - I would have thought Porsche would have insisted on changing those to black (us 16 years and older folks can handle similar parts of the same color).

Otherwise, likely a must-buy - when will we see reviews?

For me personally, this is a must buy. I like the looks and the gearbox and the fact that it has only a working steering wheel and no HoG.

I think however that they could've done a better styling job on the chassis. It is so chaotic with all those colors and there is no suspension geometry whatsoever, which is so simple to implement in an car of such scale and with those awesome rims.

I must say that the unboxing experience will probably be top notch, just like with 8448, 8466 and some others, i love inner boxes and i think i'll enjoy that instruction booklet. (for which i hope that it won't be to easy, but with multiple changes per step)

I am really looking forward to the build of this set

It might be a collectors item in several years. If this statement is being made because of the assumption that in the next several years we will see several of these type of huge, 3000 piece plus supercar I'd be careful. I think TLG is testing us as afols. If it sells good then yes this may start a trend. But.... And it's a big but.... If it doesn't then this set will be huge. And so far... The biggest news of this set has nothing to do with looks or features.... But it's PRICE! if this deters too many people then we may not see another for a long time.... If ever.

Well looks great, but piece per price is awful.Technic isnt star wars...I dont think if this will be collector item in few years.

And will be there any difference beetween 1 july version and 1 august version?I didnt read any difference.

Any sign of 9L or 11L orange lift arms?

There was a picture of a 9L liftarm in the teaser video yesterday.

Edited by Meatman

Great, absolutey great ... although I'm not happy it comes with stickers instead of printed pieces.

However my question is ... how am I supposed to use the paddle shifters when I finished building this awesome car? I mean in the designer video it seems like you need a hell lot of strength to get them work, I imagine this could be a serious issue. Why didn't they make exclusive paddle shifter moulds for this???

Other than that absolutely great set and best of all ... it's not the only one to come - Welcome Ultimate Technic series :wub: