Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

My Batvig!

Finally here it is:

A little backstory- Gotham has become a hellhole full of crime and villainy. The mob rules the city, and the police are highly corrupt, leaving the people no defense against the monstrous acts of violence that occur each and everyday. In a shocking act, Killer Croc robs a pedestrian at gunpoint, RIGHT in front of the Gotham central policestation windows. No help comes. Croc shows no mercy, and prepares to fire, as a silent, black-clad wraith swings in to stop what could be yet another murder. The Dark Knight has not much time, can he succeed?

p1190530.jpg

I put my old dirty trans peices on to make it more gritty.

p1190532.jpg

p1190535.jpg

p1190537.jpg

I love this shot above, Batman is just visible, he's such a stealthy crimefighter! >:-)

p1190538.jpg

I like this one too.

p1190541.jpg

p1190544.jpg

I think the lighting worked best in this one, the reflection off the Trans peices makes it look like the lights are on, as if the Police simply do not care about whats happening outside.

Brickshelf Gallery: (Not yet public I don't think)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=282063

Hope you like it.

And btw iamded, THIS is why Batman owns! :-P

I Am FEAR Incarnate! *skull*

Awesome vig! Great job capturing the action pose, and cool back story to go with it! *y* *y* I like the inclusion of chains too... can never have too many chains... :-D Lookin' forward to seeing more creations from you!

And by the way, Spidey could have saved that civilian and had Croc webbed to that post by now... :-P

~Peace

Awesome vig! Great job capturing the action pose, and cool back story to go with it! *y* *y* I like the inclusion of chains too... can never have too many chains... :-D Lookin' forward to seeing more creations from you!

And by the way, Spidey could have saved that civilian and had Croc webbed to that post by now... :-P

~Peace

________

Thanks, I love getting more chains, I might make a MOC featuring heaps of them! ;-)

No offense though, but thats what i find more interesting about Batman, he can't always save the day, and no matter what, he never wins or gets the girl, he's doomed to live a life alone......... :'-(

Rant over! :-D

Did you read what he wrote?

Quote: RIGHT in front of the Gotham central policestation windows

great vig. *y* It dearsve to have its own holiday batman vig day! :-P X-D

*vader*

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

The Dark Knight has not much time, can he succeed?

Yes. Of course he can.

I put my old dirty trans peices on to make it more gritty.

Nice idea. It works well, and it's good to see that 'old parts' don't necessarily mean 'bad parts.'

I think the lighting worked best in this one, the reflection off the Trans peices makes it look like the lights are on, as if the Police simply do not care about whats happening outside.

Pretty cool, I have to say.

Anyway, nice vig. It's definitely something grounded in classic Batman imagery, as well, with the Caped Crusader/Dark Knight Detective swooping down from the rooftops to dispense justice. The use of chains, and the mixing of bley and grey add to the grittyness and grime that is Gotham. Good work.

Beautiful! :'-)

It has action, intrigue, suspense, and those dark shots are AMAZING! *wub*

In the Batman comics - are the Police really so corrupt? I never knew this! This is a genuine question BTW, I'm not trying to be smart or anything... 8-|

Dr. S.

Yes. Of course he can.

Nice idea. It works well, and it's good to see that 'old parts' don't necessarily mean 'bad parts.'

Pretty cool, I have to say.

Anyway, nice vig. It's definitely something grounded in classic Batman imagery, as well, with the Caped Crusader/Dark Knight Detective swooping down from the rooftops to dispense justice. The use of chains, and the mixing of bley and grey add to the grittyness and grime that is Gotham. Good work.

Thanks *sweet*

I like to try and mix grey and bley every once in a while to prove that they can still work. I also have a love affair with chains! *wub* They are one of my favourite peices, and I couldn't make a vig without one! :-D

I'm glad that you called it grounded in classic imagery, as that was what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks again! :'-)

Beautiful! :'-)

It has action, intrigue, suspense, and those dark shots are AMAZING! *wub*

In the Batman comics - are the Police really so corrupt? I never knew this! This is a genuine question BTW, I'm not trying to be smart or anything... 8-|

Dr. S.

_________

Thanks Dr. S! Funny thing, the dark shots were taken on a leather chair! :-D

And yes, in many interpretations, the police of Gotham are being paid off by the mob to "look the other way", or are just plain lazy. Of course there are good cops, like Gordon, but most are just as bad as the crooks outside.

Thanks for your comments everyone, much appreciated! *sweet*

I also have a love affair with chains! *wub* They are one of my favourite peices, and I couldn't make a vig without one! :-D

It's funny, I quite like them as well. I'm trying to find a way to get some into my Batcave.

And yes, in many interpretations, the police of Gotham are being paid off by the mob to "look the other way", or are just plain lazy. Of course there are good cops, like Gordon, but most are just as bad as the crooks outside.

Pretty much Gordon, Montoya (but she's off the force, and is now the second Question), Crispus Allen (but he's now the Spectre), Bullock (sort of), Maggie Sawyer, and a few other non-descript ones.

Wow great vig you have there *y* I just love the way you have batman flying in to the rescue :-)

It's funny, I quite like them as well. I'm trying to find a way to get some into my Batcave.

Pretty much Gordon, Montoya (but she's off the force, and is now the second Question), Crispus Allen (but he's now the Spectre), Bullock (sort of), Maggie Sawyer, and a few other non-descript ones.

Yeah, I'm gonna make sure that some make it into my house competition! :'-)

I was going to point out Renee Montoya, but she left the force I remembered.

Wow great vig you have there *y* I just love the way you have batman flying in to the rescue :-)

Thanks Vader! *sweet*

I'm wondering, does Batsy count as overlap, even though he is a minifig?

Nice! *y* I alway wanted one of those $100 bills... Anywho, thanks for sharing. I think that the dirty trans pieces were quite smart. It has the feeling that the vig should have. 10/10! X-D X-D