I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  When someone such as yourself takes the time to recreate a MOC, it's such a compliment.  I love the alternate colour of the crane and the fact that you've worked around the rare parts.  This is why I love sharing my designs.  

I'll be posting the LDD file for my new train station on my Facebook group soon for anyone crazy enough to want to build it or just curious to have a poke around it in digital form.

Happy Building!

Ryan

Thank you @ryantaggart for sharing your models - but I am not on Facebook. Is ther any other way to get the digital files ldd / instruction? Are they on rebrickable?

Can the crane be rotated by a turn handle at the bottom by any chance? Or are the gears for aesthetics? 

Seeing this has made me want to design my own crane, and I'm thinking I want to be able to make it rotate by a turn handle at the bottom. And possibly be able to make the winch go up and down too... 

I think it's an excellent and kind thing you've done by the way :thumbup:

Hi,  No I went purely for aesthetics.  I love the idea of making a stronger more functional crane, but I probably won't ever get round to it.

I'm pleased if it has given you inspiration and I'm sure you can improve on my design.  I'm glad you appreciate the sharing.  Hopefully I'll be sharing the designs from my new Train Station soon through my group - 'Lego Modulars by Ryan' on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1482890298390475/

Happy Building,

Ryan