c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

I've been focusing mainly on Marvel figs, mostly because I like them more, but also because I'm dead afraid of the cost of getting all the Batman figs!

It's the DC figs I struggled the most with because I started on Marvel too. Trying to pick up the likes of the older retired Two-Face, Riddler, Bane, Harley Quinn etc was a pain but I got lucky and stumbled across someone who was selling 50+ DC figs in a frame.. has literally all the ones I needed and I managed to get it for £104! Right result. Made more back in what I sold from the duplicates etc. I never want to fall behind again haha everything needs to be purchased near release for me now.

I dream of the day I get to the point where I buying things as they come out. I have quite a few expensive(and getting worse daily) figs to pic up. Problem is I also like Modulars and the City themes, and it's hard to split my money!

I dream of the day I get to the point where I buying things as they come out. I have quite a few expensive(and getting worse daily) figs to pic up. Problem is I also like Modulars and the City themes, and it's hard to split my money!

Ugh, tell me about it. I'm someone who likes most themes.

It's the DC figs I struggled the most with because I started on Marvel too. Trying to pick up the likes of the older retired Two-Face, Riddler, Bane, Harley Quinn etc was a pain but I got lucky and stumbled across someone who was selling 50+ DC figs in a frame.. has literally all the ones I needed and I managed to get it for £104! Right result. Made more back in what I sold from the duplicates etc. I never want to fall behind again haha everything needs to be purchased near release for me now.

Tell me about it, I have most of the sets, but I missed the Two-Face Chase and Joker's Roller Coaster or whatever that Target exclusive set was, and now the 'classic' Riddler and Two-Face are missing from my collection :/

Anyone think Ant man will see a reduction in price at all? I really want that set but it's ridiculous how expensive it's gotten.

I must admit I'm close to completing my DC minifig collection now and just need a couple of parts from the original Batman line figures. Once I get those I'll probably update a lot of my DC photos and post them in full.

I've also got a couple more Batman variants from Christo on their way so it'll be good to get those in the family photo.... then there's the Summer wave figures to have to do it again... it never ends!

I must admit I'm close to completing my DC minifig collection now and just need a couple of parts from the original Batman line figures. Once I get those I'll probably update a lot of my DC photos and post them in full.

I've also got a couple more Batman variants from Christo on their way so it'll be good to get those in the family photo.... then there's the Summer wave figures to have to do it again... it never ends!

Look forward to seeing them! I've not looked at getting the original DC line of minifigures as I know they are rare as rocking horse megablocks! Although I do have the black/white two-face. Would like to at some point though I guess! I've focused purely on the 'Super Heroes' line. Guess if I start 'Batman 1' I'll have to start 'Spider-Man' too :laugh: .

Look forward to seeing them! I've not looked at getting the original DC line of minifigures as I know they are rare as rocking horse megablocks! Although I do have the black/white two-face. Would like to at some point though I guess! I've focused purely on the 'Super Heroes' line. Guess if I start 'Batman 1' I'll have to start 'Spider-Man' too :laugh: .

I feel your pain. I must admit I wasn't going to go down that route but I actually picked up a couple of them really cheaply and I'd already picked up all the Batman and Robin variants so it felt like a natural route (especially as I've sold most of my Marvel stuff). Even yesterday I took the risk of paying £4 for a 'custom' printed Scarecrow with a torn paper decal for the torso on eBay but it turned out it was an original head, hat and legs so I've ordered the torso from a seller on eBay. I even managed to pick up an original Robin for around £7 and I think the original blue Nightwing cost me around £17 which is pretty good compared to some prices. I've made a BL order for several parts and I'll be listing some custom Alfreds from BvS to cover the costs.

Hopefully in around a week or so I'll be able to post new photos of the Robins, Batman etc and then break up the others by character such as all Jokers, Catwoman, Riddler etc. I've got a Christo New 52 Reverse Flash coming too along with an 'Arrow' Slade Wilson so I'll have several Arrowverse figures to photograph together.

I feel your pain. I must admit I wasn't going to go down that route but I actually picked up a couple of them really cheaply and I'd already picked up all the Batman and Robin variants so it felt like a natural route (especially as I've sold most of my Marvel stuff). Even yesterday I took the risk of paying £4 for a 'custom' printed Scarecrow with a torn paper decal for the torso on eBay but it turned out it was an original head, hat and legs so I've ordered the torso from a seller on eBay. I even managed to pick up an original Robin for around £7 and I think the original blue Nightwing cost me around £17 which is pretty good compared to some prices. I've made a BL order for several parts and I'll be listing some custom Alfreds from BvS to cover the costs.

Hopefully in around a week or so I'll be able to post new photos of the Robins, Batman etc and then break up the others by character such as all Jokers, Catwoman, Riddler etc. I've got a Christo New 52 Reverse Flash coming too along with an 'Arrow' Slade Wilson so I'll have several Arrowverse figures to photograph together.

Sounds like you had a result on Robin and Nightwing! I've got a couple of Christo's but I might look at offloading these. As brilliant as they are I haven't put them in my frames with the official lot.

Sounds like you had a result on Robin and Nightwing! I've got a couple of Christo's but I might look at offloading these. As brilliant as they are I haven't put them in my frames with the official lot.

You'll have to let me know which ones they are...

Anyone think Ant man will see a reduction in price at all? I really want that set but it's ridiculous how expensive it's gotten.

Probably not till his next solo movie with Wasp. Right now, given that we have a set with mini Antman and Giant-Man, the regular minifigure sized Antman in that set is the only to get it and I doubt minifigure Antman will appear in another CW set. With CW coming out soon, minifigure Antman's price will stay steady or go up as the craze hits. I would wait till a couple months from now when it settles down.

Deadpool saw a similar trend where his minifigure price popped just after his movie came out, but now the price is going down.

You'll have to let me know which ones they are...

Got the Green Lantern one (although I changed his hands from green to white.. just like the look more! I did find them the other day though so they must be around somewhere). The other two are Carnage (before Lego decided to make him.. doh!) and Red Skull (same story!) with his coat and a spare.

Only the torso is unique on that Supes and there's a perfect bootleg of it. You probably couldn't tell it apart from a real one.

I'm really torn as to whether or not I want to order customs to replicate the SDCC originals or not. I am not sure I should include them with my collection or just acknowledge that they are out of my price range and leave my collection incomplete.

26422426156_310071c837_z.jpg

IMG_3852 by Spencer Holloway, on Flickr

Pardon me for being a newb but who is this and where can I find one?

That's '66 Mr Freeze. The one that they are giving away currently with purchases over a certain amount (I think it's still going?).

And yeah Robianco! That's the route I think I'm going to go down after your recommendations :)

Recently, I've been trying to build scene to display each figure (usually not individually, but with 2-3 each in it) and I really like the outcome with them on display like that. The only problem is that they wind up using more space than just the figures alone.

Recently, I've been trying to build scene to display each figure (usually not individually, but with 2-3 each in it) and I really like the outcome with them on display like that. The only problem is that they wind up using more space than just the figures alone.

Yeah I do mine as a scene and they take up SOOOOO much space. The DC and Marvel ones take up about 4 feet of shelving each, but I absolutely LOVE how it looks and packing it with details.

Only the torso is unique on that Supes and there's a perfect bootleg of it. You probably couldn't tell it apart from a real one.

Which bootleg? I've tried a bootleg, but the silver lining on the torso isn't as shiny. Also, the limbs and head were out of proportion. I tried to replace them with official Lego parts, but I had to do a bit of sanding and filing to get them to fit properly.

Great collection. lots of customs.. where did you get the two face in the last photo? looks well cool

The Dark Knight Two-Face? It's a custom that I got from onlinesailin on ebay. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like it's in stock anymore, I got it quite awhile ago. Maybe you could try to PM them?

I'm really torn as to whether or not I want to order customs to replicate the SDCC originals or not. I am not sure I should include them with my collection or just acknowledge that they are out of my price range and leave my collection incomplete.

My personal philosophy for collecting minifigs, well, anything really, is not to aim for a full released/published set. With Lego especially, given the crazy amount of variants I would have to get multiple Batman variants even though I might not like each of them. And I think that if I need to get minifigs that I dislike, then it defeats the purpose of collection (for me at least). So for me, a complete collection would just be getting all the minifigs I like. It also allows me to fit in customs into the equation, and not have to collect the infinite amounts out there.

Edited by 95percentsidekick