c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

I'm coming round more and more to the frame idea. I've seen a couple of them with shelf constructs but the way above looks much cleaner. 

The one things the shelves has is flexibility to space things out etc. I think once the full amount of Batsuits becomes clear I'll be able to plan it a bit better.

I like your frame mediumsnowman!

53 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I'm coming round more and more to the frame idea. I've seen a couple of them with shelf constructs but the way above looks much cleaner. 

The one things the shelves has is flexibility to space things out etc. I think once the full amount of Batsuits becomes clear I'll be able to plan it a bit better.

Yeah it can be a pain opening open frames and putting them back to move around or whatever, I like the dust free element though!

Finally getting all mine back out after the move. Was tempted to go away from the frames I used and try a different route but I struggled to find something so back to the frames it is! Frame #1 all put back together.. 4 more to go, then up on the wall!

Starting to get them back out and back in their frames in the new home!

I was just thinking of Ka-Zar and how the Cave Batman could be of use for him if you like to go purist for him

On 11/25/2016 at 7:15 AM, Captain Britain said:

Time last night well spent!

Impressive!

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please do not quote pictures

still working on a frame for my bigfigs!

Edited by Mat099

That looks great. If I'm not mistaken the only thing I can't find in there is some of the SDCC and NYTF figures. The 2011 and 2014 Batman SDCC figures are in the frame and the Superman figure was the same as was released.

I particularly like them being set by character although as each new wave is released it means redoing the display. looks fantastic though.

13 hours ago, Mat099 said:

still working on a frame for my bigfigs!

Well, you surely need more space for the upcoming Batman figs...

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

8 hours ago, BrickHat said:

@Mat099 Very impressive! Is that a complete collection? I couldn't find anything that was missing.

thanks...   but no!  Sadly, as Robianco was saying, those damn SDCC and NYTF exclusives are missing.   So it will never be a complete collection!  :angry:

also, there is 3 variants of the Doctor Octopus from 2004 (only the heads are different)   I miss 2 of them!

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

That looks great. If I'm not mistaken the only thing I can't find in there is some of the SDCC and NYTF figures. The 2011 and 2014 Batman SDCC figures are in the frame and the Superman figure was the same as was released.

I particularly like them being set by character although as each new wave is released it means redoing the display. looks fantastic though.

You're right about constantly redoing the display.  But I love to do that  :laugh: !   and my son too!

3 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

Well, you surely need more space for the upcoming Batman figs...

the next two frames are on the way!   :sweet:

2 hours ago, Mat099 said:

thanks...   but no!  Sadly, as Robianco was saying, those damn SDCC and NYTF exclusives are missing.   So it will never be a complete collection!  :angry:

also, there is 3 variants of the Doctor Octopus from 2004 (only the heads are different)   I miss 2 of them!

You're right about constantly redoing the display.  But I love to do that  :laugh: !   and my son too!

Hehe, well, I wasn't counting those, of course... At most ~125 people in the world have 100% complete super hero collections. Honestly, if I had everything but those exclusives, I'd consider my collection effectively complete. :sweet: I collect other minifigures, so I am forced to be a bit selective with the super heroes I collect, but I strive to get ~90% of everything outside of those exclusives. Therefore, your collection looks pretty impressive to me! :wink:

I am on the same boat regarding the Doctor Octopus figures. I have one, and the prices for the other 2 are too high to justify just a different head. Likewise for the Green Goblin with undecorated headgear. If I'm sitting on a pile of minifigs one day with a tiny wanted list, I might go for it, though!

I do not have a display, but I store my figures in a box, in a sequential fashion, so to speak... And I also try to group them by character. Of course, when new figures come, I just add them at the end of the box. Then, when enough new figures are there, I might "defragment" the arrangement. It's a lot of fun because I get to see a lot of my figures up close. So I can relate as to why you and your son love to rearrange the figures. :sweet: Plus, it looks really awesome: all the Iron Man figs, all the Green Goblins, all the Batmans, all the Jokers...

Edited by BrickHat

I collect other minifigures, so I am forced to be a bit selective with the super heroes I collect, but I strive to get ~90% of everything outside of those exclusives. 

I started buying almost anything, but i quickly focused on superheroes, because it was just too much!   (Specialy Star Wars). But i still buy sets and minifigures from movies i love. Here are most of them. 

I do not have a display, but I store my figures in a box, in a sequential fashion, so to speak... And I also try to group them by character. Of course, when new figures come, I just add them at the end of the box. Then, when enough new figures are there, I might "defragment" the arrangement. It's a lot of fun because I get to see a lot of my figures up close.  

I'd like to see that!

Edited by Mat099

31554017486_e4b0a4e8a1_c.jpg

I'm up to 3 Container Store display cases for Superheroes right now.  My collecting has slowed greatly (although I've got a couple of new sets for figures to add), and there's quite a few spaces in there, so I don't see me having to expand any time soon.  I'm not a completionist in this case - I don't like all the superheroes and I mainly have stuck with the very commonly known figures and ones that have caught my eye for one reason or another.  If it weren't for the recent movies, I wouldn't even know some of these characters - I'm just admitting.

I do have a set of the Fantastic Four, which I posted on the now defunct thread of third party superheroes... I can't bring myself to mix them in with the real LEGO, though.

Great thread, though; nice seeing everyone's collections and display choices.

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I do consider the Lone Ranger and Tonto to be Superheroes - as much as Batman and Robin are, at least.

Edited by fred67

Well said Fred67 ,about the Lone Ranger and Tonto, they were the super heroes of their day (easily as popular as the Man of Steel or Flash Gordon!), I`ve got them as well as Indiana Jones who is also a super hero and should be displayed.

p.s. I`ve seen these display cases on Amazon and actually seeing your collection has got me wanting some................except I just went sort of nuts and overspent on Christmas and some older Batman /Marvel sets...typical timing for me

Take care

Kenny.

Wanted to bump this to ask where you all buy your customs?  I'd like to try to get the comic con figs but def not willing to pay the premium associated with the real ones. 

15 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Wanted to bump this to ask where you all buy your customs?  I'd like to try to get the comic con figs but def not willing to pay the premium associated with the real ones. 

Check out minifigures.co.uk - you'll see a load on there and also get to see some of the customisers names so you can look them up directly too.

15 hours ago, KevinMD said:

A lot of people also buy bootleg figs to get the sdcc figs (check the community section on this forum) or superheroes lego never made. Just to give you an idea where some of us get them from.

Presenting my Lego Super Friends / Justice League Unlimited

lego_justice_league_small.jpg

- Super Marv, Wonder Dog, Wendy

- Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman

- Flash*, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green Lantern

- Steel, Vixen, Shazam, Katana

- El Dorado, Metamorpho*, Samurai*, Plastic Man

- Cyborg, Question*, Atom*, Zatanna

- Vigilante, Green Arrow*, Black Canary, Apache Chief*

- Hawkman, Lobo*, Firestorm*, Blue Beetle

*Indicates partial printing removal.  Otherwise figs are 100% purist

I have been perfecting / tinkering with these figs for a couple years now and am highly satisfied with the end result.  Some fig designs have been borrowed from what I've found during Google searches (sorry that I cannot give out individual credit if you see something familiar); however, I do own all the figs above and did not merely lift images from the internet.  The only thing I'd change is give Batman some dark blue boots (not yet available).  And yes, the Steel fig is based off the 1997 movie, complete with official Shaquille O'Neal head :grin:.

group.jpg

Thanks for looking!  Questions, comments, and criticisms welcome!

Edited by c0rnedfr0g