c0rnedfr0g

Post Your Superhero Minifig Collections Here!

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

It's a good kind of crowded though :wink:.

I think @Robianco should do a complete Batman group shot too!

Maybe when recent Christo, Phoenix and Cyclops customs arrive! ;)

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Maybe when recent Christo, Phoenix and Cyclops customs arrive! ;)

Haha -  Batsmen, Christian Bale and Frank Miller? Got to say it's an extremely impressive Batman collection!

Think I'm going to sort all of mine out this weekend and re-shuffle after some sales so I'll try and take a group pic of every minifig.

41 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Haha -  Batsmen, Christian Bale and Frank Miller? Got to say it's an extremely impressive Batman collection!

Think I'm going to sort all of mine out this weekend and re-shuffle after some sales so I'll try and take a group pic of every minifig.

Yeah... That's the fellas. I'm still torn over whether to order the blue or black Miller Batman.

23 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Yeah... That's the fellas. I'm still torn over whether to order the blue or black Miller Batman.

Got to be both right? :laugh: although isn't there 3? Black suit, blue suit and one with a yellow bat symbol? I quite like the original one - blue with large black symbol on the chest (no yellow)

5 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Got to be both right? :laugh: although isn't there 3? Black suit, blue suit and one with a yellow bat symbol? I quite like the original one - blue with large black symbol on the chest (no yellow)

Yeah... I was thinking both blue and black but the yellow oval doesn't work with that Batman design. It seems pointless to me. I'm actually thinking about printing up 50 of the Sonar Suit Batman from the Lego Batman game.

I've read this name "Christo" a couple of time now...  What does he (or they) do exactly?

Edited by Mat099

2 hours ago, Mat099 said:

I've read this name "Christo" a couple of time now...  What does he (or they) do exactly?

He produces custom minifigs, and some pretty amazing ones at that. Robs Zebra Batman in his display pic for example.

Here is my Batsuit gallery. All genuine but the Zur-en-Ahhr, the torso part of the 2011 Comic Con and replaced the cowl of the Kiss Kiss suit with a regular cowl after removing the keychain.  I really hope the Tiger suit comes available soon. :)

Hesrl7C.jpg

On 17/02/2017 at 10:38 AM, Captain Britain said:

any chance of a photo of these? or link to them.

23 hours ago, terryfay1983 said:

any chance of a photo of these? or link to them.

I don't have a photo of the Batsman figure from Christo but it's basically this character: 
2483426-batsman011.jpg

The Frank Miller Batman is from Cyclops bricks:

CyclopsBricks: The Grumpy Crusader

and is available to pre-order here:
http://www.cyclopsbricks.com/product-page/the-grumpy-crusader-pre-order

The Bale Batman is from Phoenix Customs and is no longer available to pre-order but will be available at Phoenix Custom bricks website when it's printed. Here's the figure:

Night Crusader - Coming March?

Edited by Robianco

I didn't line them all up.. but..

And it all started with Cap!

Cap was my first superhero minifig, so I stuck him at the front as he started all this madness off!

Back up! All official releases.. looks like I need to play catch up on a few more of this years releases!

Ended up sorting through everything and dropping out all the customs, so these frames are purely official releases now. I'll probably get a separate case or something for those.

Edited by Captain Britain

46 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

I didn't line them all up.. but..

-snip of neatly sorted minifigs-

Cap was my first superhero minifig, so I stuck him at the front as he started all this madness off!

Wow! That's one glorious pile of minifigs you have there :thumbup:

Must've taken a lot of work to sort out.

Looks great Captain Britain! Are they still by BL number order with those missing spaces waiting for more LBM figures? And I'm quite not sure I'd use a spot on that Arkham statue... :laugh: 

9 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Wow! That's one glorious pile of minifigs you have there :thumbup:

Must've taken a lot of work to sort out.

Mentally draining! Checking the references and then trying to find the figure (I did try and sort them by piles of Supes, Bats, Caps, Iron Mans etc after that first pic lol).

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I have no problem with customs, but it's really beautiful and lovely to see all legit mini figure line up

Me neither, I do love customs. Some of them are fantastic. It's hard to keep up though.

2 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

Looks great Captain Britain! Are they still by BL number order with those missing spaces waiting for more LBM figures? And I'm quite not sure I'd use a spot on that Arkham statue... :laugh: 

BL number order indeed (apart from the last frame with the 20 CMF's from TLBM). Yeah the spaces are for figs I still need to pick up. See I thought that :laugh: but he's actually got his own BL reference number annoyingly! Sh352 - Arkham Asylum Statue. And to think I almost sold the set without the figs and would have lost him!

The other annoying thing is the armoured Batman from BvS... I've got the one with the cape, but they re-released the set without the cape as I think it had some issues, thus it being another variant, meaning I need to pick the bugger up! 

You gotta nice collection btw, Wonder where can I get that kind of frame here in my country. 

The one they sell in Lego shop is just a lame cardboard, phew.

Edited by SpiderJazz

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

BL number order indeed (apart from the last frame with the 20 CMF's from TLBM). Yeah the spaces are for figs I still need to pick up. See I thought that :laugh: but he's actually got his own BL reference number annoyingly! Sh352 - Arkham Asylum Statue. And to think I almost sold the set without the figs and would have lost him!

If it helps, the statue is most likely supposed to be Amadeus Arkham, the founder of the Asylum. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

You gotta nice collection btw, Wonder where can I get that kind of frame here in my country. 

Not sure what country you are in but Ikea are pretty multi national no? So should have you covered ? They look like Ribba box frames to me from IKEA. Good price and wide range of sizes. 

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

1 hour ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Not sure what country you are in but Ikea are pretty multi national no? So should have you covered ? They look like Ribba box frames to me from IKEA. Good price and wide range of sizes. 

Yep they are IKEA Ribba frames 50cm x 50cm with just the normal 10701 48 stud x 48 stud baseplate stuck inside, then I've used 2x2 inverted slopes as the bricks.

I've got to try and plan setting up a solid stud background to my 50x50 so I can fit in more than the 72 figures in. I'll probably go with the largest plates I can that aren't the softer rounded corner baseplates and glue them in to create a complete stud background. I've also got an idea for creating the mounts that the figures can stand on.

I think with the recent TLBM wave and the customs I'll be at over 60 bat variants so I need room to be able to keep adding.

22 hours ago, Robianco said:

I don't have a photo of the Batsman figure from Christo but it's basically this character: 
2483426-batsman011.jpg

The Frank Miller Batman is from Cyclops bricks:

CyclopsBricks: The Grumpy Crusader

and is available to pre-order here:
http://www.cyclopsbricks.com/product-page/the-grumpy-crusader-pre-order

The Bale Batman is from Phoenix Customs and is no longer available to pre-order but will be available at Phoenix Custom bricks website when it's printed. Here's the figure:

Night Crusader - Coming March?

That cowl looks superb... as does the Frank Miller Batman too!!!

Impressive collection @Captain Britain. May I ask, if you just have the figs, or the sets as well?^^

Are there any you don't collect? Like Mighty Mikro? Or the new Mini-Doll stuff?

31 minutes ago, dario2739 said:

That cowl looks superb... as does the Frank Miller Batman too!!!

Yeah... the moulded cowl for the Phoenix Custom figure does look fantastic. The Cyclops bricks cowl is 3-D printed rather than injection moulded though. He seems to have three levels of printing available and Hyper-HD is something that gives injection moulded quality results. Those pieces are then dyed or sprayed the right colour. I hope for his sake he gets it right or he'll have quite a lot of people complaining to him.

57 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've got to try and plan setting up a solid stud background to my 50x50 so I can fit in more than the 72 figures in. I'll probably go with the largest plates I can that aren't the softer rounded corner baseplates and glue them in to create a complete stud background. I've also got an idea for creating the mounts that the figures can stand on.

I think with the recent TLBM wave and the customs I'll be at over 60 bat variants so I need room to be able to keep adding.

I'd be really interested in seeing that. It has crossed my mind too as I like all the ones figs edge to edge. Annoyingly all of the pictures in my house seem to have a boarder around them so they match quite nicely now haha.

31 minutes ago, josykay said:

Impressive collection @Captain Britain. May I ask, if you just have the figs, or the sets as well?^^

Are there any you don't collect? Like Mighty Mikro? Or the new Mini-Doll stuff?

Thank you! Generally just the figs. I have all the TLBM stuff in a box but I generally sold everything else as I went along.

I don't collect the mini-dolls (I can't stand them haha thank god though, it would cost me even more money) but I do collect the Mighty Micros stuff. I've got a few Star Wars figs but I've been thinking of letting those go. Other than that I've only got the Disney CMF series, the German Football team series, some star wars figs, and the Ghostbusters and BTTF sets from the Ideas sets.