jasbury

[MOC] Laat/c Republic dropship with AT-TE

Hi guys,

Just recently completed my first Star Wars oriented MOC, the Republic Laat/c with ATTE. :yoda:

I started this build about 3 years ago and it was going to be just the ship itself before I took up the walker project about a month ago.

This is probably my largest MOC to date, and it's by far the heaviest. The hardest part was allowing the walker to connect and detach from the ship easily without the walker's weight putting too much strain on the bricks.

24193378650_80831556bc_c.jpg

Republic Dropship and AT-TE by James Asbury, on Flickr

24380644452_7e0028a5fa_c.jpg

24121180239_775ee98e0b_c.jpg

24380645762_9956183a17_c.jpg

24462725566_c3dd4a5175_c.jpg

Let me know what you think!

You can find all of my creations and more photos of the build at flickr.com/photos/jasbury

Edited by jasbury

Both vehicles look spectacular, and it is amazing how you manage with something lighter and simpler as the dropship to carry the walker. Though can you swoosh it? Besides that, now you should make a AT-OT :laugh:

My goodness, this is extraordinary. It blows 10195 out of the water. The nose art is super impressive

really superb

Though can you swoosh it?

Yes but not easily! It's an arm workout :laugh:

Edited by jasbury

Nice. The dropship looks quite similar to the lego set one, though your winga are definitely much better. Also the connection 'arms' that fake hold the walker are great and seem fairly accurate.

Regarding AT-AT, it's quite brave to use brick built paneling and you have done a nice job with that. I can only see some disproportion regarding the middle legs. I think the feet should be bigger (in diameter, not only height) than front and back, also the shoulder joint should match the plain given by the 'tigh' or whathever you call it.

EDIT: Of course I mean AT-TE :D Can't just correct it though since LilMe already had his moment bellow ;)

Edited by krisandkris12

Regarding AT-AT…

Wow the versatility of that thing. The dropship can carry AT-ATs too? That's cool.

:laugh: Just joking! Sorry, I just had a moment there :grin:

Well I guess, in a sense, it is an all terrain armored transport, like the actual AT-AT to a certain extent, so it would make it justifiable to a degree :tongue:

These images are so clean they almost look fake! but nice job, very different style of technique used to tackle the panels, I almost thought of going that way. I am reworking mine, for like the 50th time... I hope I can get it done soon. is there any interior shots?

Oh. My. Goodness. :wub: I didn't believe in love at first sight until now! The LAAT is awesome, the AT-TE is awesome... I don't know where to start! What I love the most is how you brick-built most of it, no plates here!

I had to comment again; this build is so good that it evokes actual memories of the battle-scenes from the film, it`s every bit as good in modelling terms as any detailed railway layout or hand-built doll`s house,cos when you look at it ,in your mind you see the real thing!! :thumbup:

The SNOT panels on both vehicles looks really good and the use of some slightly faded yellow/grey bricks brings a bit more authenticity to the AT-TE than just all new bricks.

The SNOT panels on both vehicles looks really good and the use of some slightly faded yellow/grey bricks brings a bit more authenticity to the AT-TE than just all new bricks.

Thanks! Just a convenient byproduct of my limited brick selection :laugh:

This is so cool! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wonder does this compare to 10195 in terms of size?

Quite a bit larger than 10195 especially in terms of wingspan and the front section. The best way to compare the two is the noseart. The panel used for the entire nose sticker in the official set is only large enough for the height of the mouth opening in my model.

Dude, I don't mean to be rude, but making an ldd file of a model that you've only made in real bricks (which is what I assume is the case with this), is really time consuming . Why don't you use your imagination and try to reverse engineer it ?

Dude, I don't mean to be rude, but making an ldd file of a model that you've only made in real bricks (which is what I assume is the case with this), is really time consuming . Why don't you use your imagination and try to reverse engineer it ?

Sorry, didn't think of it that way.