SkyPie

[ESL - FB] Navigating the docks

The ticket Lyells brothers gave him to Nova Terelli was a cheap one. The ship wasn't far from a barge and the arriving dock was in poor condition. However, Lyell got aquinted with a fellow passenger who was just a detemined as him to make it in the colony. Stedfast, a fisherman by trade now helped carry Lyells coffin around the dock.

"Phew, what have got in there?"

"My tools and a few lanterns. What i could grab from home" Lyell replied.

23753532164_9988b98c1b_z.jpg

They decided to take a break.

"You travel quite light" Lyell said when they had put the coffin down. "Only that barrel. Whit did you bring?"

"Not much, just food for the trip. Maybe there is some left." Stedfast removed the lid and searched deep in the barrel. He found a single apple.

"Do you want to share it?"

Lyell looked at him. His clothes were torn and he looked like he needed all the food he had.

"For good luck", Stedfast insisted and Lyell agreed.

24273496812_48949a7a09_z.jpg

"What is that stick you a carrying?"

"It's for blowing glass. The most important part of a lantern is a clear, durable glass."

"Aha, I see"

"So, where are you off to now?"

" I will find a fishing wessel to work on. How about you?" Lyell looked around, and said:

"You wouldn't know were i might find a shovel?" Stedfast smiled:

"I have no idea my friend. No idea..."

Edited by SkyPie

Thought you had joined the right Kingdom. Changed the title for ya a little bit.

Neat little shack! Nice use of the green shutter!

Suggestion: in the future, try to take an 'overview' picture of your builds, where we can see the whole build with a little white space around. That always helps to give the viewer a better idea of what he/she is looking at! pirate_satisfied.gif

Cute little build and really nice storytelling! I like how you include Lyell's thoughts on the fisherman's situation, and wonder if we will see him again! Further, it will be interesting to see how you depict the lantern making process :)

Nice build !

Good story too. You're very welcome to take an apple...

Like Kai and Titus said : try to have an overview photo of your build, it could make us enjoying the roof design, for example in here.

Good start ! I will looking forward for your next builds.

Neat little build.

I like how your story line is progressing.

As already mentioned, an overview shot would be nice. The basics are there - the dock, shed, cargo etc and this is the making of a fine start. Perhaps it would benefit from a little polish but the story drops enough hints to be interesting. Keep it up.