CopMike

DC Super Heroes - 76052 Batman™ Classic TV Series - Batcave

Since King Tut is coming in the upcoming CMF line, is there besides the Mr. Freeze polybag another character that fits to the Classic '66 Batcave? I'm not that firm with the tv show or the movies that have been released in the 60s. Appreciate your help!

11 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Since King Tut is coming in the upcoming CMF line, is there besides the Mr. Freeze polybag another character that fits to the Classic '66 Batcave? I'm not that firm with the tv show or the movies that have been released in the 60s. Appreciate your help!

Not really... The show used some extremely obscure villains as well as quite a few that were original creations, so aside from Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, and King Tut, I'm pretty sure none of them have been made as minifigs at all, let alone in a version that fits the '66 aesthetic. You might be able to make purist customs of some fairly easily, though - Here is a pretty comprehensive list with pictures.

I've just ordered this set at 211.99 EUR during the Brick Friday promotion (original price for my country is 289.99 EUR).
I used some of my VIP-points and got a 20 EUR renewal for my next purchase.

Since the Lego Batman Movie doesn't have a D2C-set, I thought of getting this. I hope I'll find a 1966 Mr. Freeze polybag for a reasonable price.

I don't have any room to display it though. Just like my Dark Knight Tumbler D2C... It'll remain in the box until I'll find the room. I just couldn't pass up this deal + the set is already out for +- 1 year. No way I'm I risking it to wait a whole year. :laugh:

Edited by Cammo

Does anyone who has this set know if it fits in a Detolf height-wise? I haven't built mine.

I doubt it Lionbear8, it's unlikely to be a high earner, as the market is quite niche - many kids today haven't seen the 66 series, and although children won't "care" what the figures look like etc, to be a "66" series set, adults would expect the figures to have the same attention to detail that they have used on the Batcave figures

it may be viewed by Lego as too much effort, for little guarantee of return in the form of sales etc

Edited by BritishBrickFan

I couldn't help but started building although I'll have to make room for it to display the set. Already it looks a lot better in person than it does on YT-videos & pictures. I just ordered a Mr. Freeze on Bricklink to go with it. Can't wait for King Tut in January. :grin:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another '66 set as well.  The LEGO set was part of the 50th Anniversary of the TV series.  I did some research and found that Adam West and Burt Ward also did the voice over for Batman: Return of the Cape Crusader which was a '66 style new Batman cartoon released in November.  Rotten Tomato gave it an 89%.  An interview with Adam West stated that William Shatner has signed up to voice Two-Face in the next installment.  It could mean another 66 set, if only in much smaller form.  Which would be fine.  

I'm also hoping that we're able to visit the '66 Batcave through either a Delorian or Tardis gateway on LEGO Dimensions.     

But what is the main selling point for a '66 set...outside of the study, the batmobile, the copter, what else could they do? I hate the price on the set, but I did thankfully get it for 20% off on Black Friday. But still too expensive for what you get. But I'd love new sets, but I don't see it happening since they covered a lot already.

The Batboat and Penguin's submarine would make good builds. As far as minifigures Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'hara, Aunt Harriet, Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, and many less popular villains could appear in a 66 set.

Edited by fordtruckin
Spelling

I'd like to see one of those crazy traps that we could only see Batman and Robin get to "See what happens next week.  Same Bat time. Same Bat channel.