Grandadbrick

New layout attempt.

Took about 10 mins to build this after all the extra track I ordered arrived this morning...

23773657080_401c28217e_c.jpg

Is just shy of 8x4 so plan is for a sheet of ply with 2 foot legs to raise it off the floor.

Ive got a lot more curves about 12 straights and another set of points if anyone can suggest a better layout.

Cheers,

Steve

Cant really improve that much on the layout due to the size, It anything i would say make a tunnel somewhere.

Yep, plan is a countryside station with a nice long platform. The boss likes going round and randomly changing the points until she arrives at the station. Going to get a sheet of ply and paint it green, then maybe paint some grey roads on it.

Also fancy building a shed for the engines. And get some engineer type mini figs to stand around. In fact I reckon a lot more mini figures would bring a lot more play value to it.

Thing is that's all the Lego I have in that picture atm apart from a toy story western chase set still to be built.

Could well do with some sets to making the creation better.

Next step is to build and motorise the toy story set.

I'm also gathering some parts to motorise the points, push pull solenoids with electric window switches. Does anyone know if the Lego polarity change over thing is a dpdt (6 pin) type of switch?

Thanks,

Steve

I'm back! Survived new years eve for a change and been building the toy story set today. With it not being motorised Ive been using the high speed front as a shunter. In order for this to work I decide I needed to turn the trains round, so with a bit of fiddling came up with this and still managed to squeeze two sidings in for overnight storage.

23740200789_63b95e4541_c.jpg

Next step is another set of points because I want to cut a pair down to make a track switch. Im a little disapointed in how much room this takes up although I like the scale a lot more than the OO Hornby set I had on a 8x4 board when I was a kid. I think a lot more track and into the garden when the summer arrives.

Anyone got a simple list of parts to build a couple of track buffers?

Ok, more track has arrived, now Im dangerously short of curves but theres more on the way...

Moved the rug over a bit and cleared some junk out and came up wiith this... copied off the webby...

27488347576_4d05e741ef_c.jpg

Made some cross overs... Ausini track, easy because of the one stud sleepers.

26914624183_bc178060ea_c.jpg

And a siding...

27522846145_28c4ab9c33_c.jpg

Theres a fair bit of Ausini stock there and seeing as I like the locos and they are very cheap why not?

I have a MOC file to build a coal wagon and Ive ordered enough bits off bricklink to build 5. Some of the tank cars and what not ones will be donating their wheels and couplings.

Finally stuck the station I just got in.. Ive also bought a modular cinema building off the lego shop and I hope to collect enough or even moc some (other peoples) to create a town.

27424139572_7ffbf6e8f9_c.jpg

Im also sorted with track buffers, found a good tutorial on utube and am waiting on the parts arriving.

Steve