8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

Somehow, the release of a CMF series without the traditional Whitefang review doesn't seem like a complete release.

(I know Whitefang just recently received the set from TLG)..

I hope he post the review soon. It is a tradition that I hope to last for as long as possible... But admittedly I needed to be resourceful in order to find out more information about the series.

Series 16 is awesome, however the hiker has big hands and the compass has issues going on.

There is my very detailed review. :)

Weird. My hiker didn't seem to have any issues putting the compass on his hand

Weird. My hiker didn't seem to have any issues putting the compass on his hand

I had a hell of a time, then saw 4 other people online have issues too. Where in the USA are you? Maybe it's regional. I'm in Massachusetts, and bought at Target.

But the hiker is still kick megablocks. Superb minifigure from such a simple idea.

I bought mine in Wisconsin at TRU. I also bought mine much earlier than most people were finding them. Not sure if any of those factors might have something to do with it. I think if I can find another hiker I'll get it just for curiosity now

Edited by Blackpool

Coming to check whitefang's review and it looks like it is still not ready yet.

I just placed my order for a complete set for series 16. I have all the CMFs. Series 16 is awesome.

Now with about 300 CMFs in hand, I can't help but wondering how far this line will go. If it lasts for another 7 years, I may not have enough space or interest to keep collecting.

I don't really see and end in sight unless the price gets out of control. I tend to just pick and choose for the ones that fit in town/WV but I suppose the complete series collectors might get bored if we see too many repeats. Seems like TLG is continuing to increase the number of officially licensed series (simpsons, disney, batman) to bring more collectors into the market.

I had a hell of a time, then saw 4 other people online have issues too. Where in the USA are you? Maybe it's regional. I'm in Massachusetts, and bought at Target.

But the hiker is still kick megablocks. Superb minifigure from such a simple idea.

MA here too, bought at TRU and no issues.

Seems like TLG is continuing to increase the number of officially licensed series (simpsons, disney, batman) to bring more collectors into the market.

Or to make it more bearable for those who only collect unlicensed series.

Very cool looking - or should I say "very cruel looking"? :grin:

Here are my MOCed imps (with a few other minifigs):

s16_cmf_mocs_2.jpg

Very cool looking - or should I say "very cruel looking"? :grin:

Here are my MOCed imps (with a few other minifigs):

s16_cmf_mocs_2.jpg

I was able to find another hiker and had no problem with the compass fitting on the hand with this one either. Hopefully this means that those having problems are the minority.

Still on the hunt for more penguins; I have one Penguin Suit Boy and three Wildlife Photographers so far, but I'd like another couple of the former to make a penguin family, and another of the latter to make the legendary penguin loop.

6 hours ago, Jern92 said:

Still on the hunt for more penguins; I have one Penguin Suit Boy and three Wildlife Photographers so far, but I'd like another couple of the former to make a penguin family, and another of the latter to make the legendary penguin loop.

They're $4 at The Warehouse & 2 for $8 at Farmers currently :) we grabbed a couple more Babysitters since the girls love the baby so much.

32 minutes ago, Coopa182 said:

They're $4 at The Warehouse & 2 for $8 at Farmers currently :) we grabbed a couple more Babysitters since the girls love the baby so much.

It's a pity as I'm currently working in Malaysia. If I was in NZ now I probably wouldn't be having as much trouble getting a few more penguins

11 hours ago, tornado said:

Created a playground for the dog show winner :classic:

Nice! Cool animation too. :classic:

That reminds me, there was someone who tried to make little displays for all CMFs. Does anyone have any clue as to whether or not that person kept doing that? It would be an insane amount of displays and space by now.

There's someone on US ebay that was selling displays to go with s15, may have been the same guy. I didn't bother to check for 16 since I only stumbled upon them by accident and wasn't really intererested in them. 

Neat idea though and you're right that would be an insane amount of space. 

22 hours ago, KevinMD said:

There's someone on US ebay that was selling displays to go with s15, may have been the same guy. I didn't bother to check for 16 since I only stumbled upon them by accident and wasn't really intererested in them. 

Neat idea though and you're right that would be an insane amount of space. 

So small little dioramas made out of Lego, for each figure? *huh* That is dedication to selling!

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

So small little dioramas made out of Lego, for each figure? *huh* That is dedication to selling!

(not my auctions) Here's a link to the seller I'm thinking of: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ronarizona20052009/m.html?item=172315624291&hash=item281ecfc363%3Ag%3A1z4AAOSw-zxWoBFd&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Don't think they're selling many of them :)

34 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

(not my auctions) Here's a link to the seller I'm thinking of: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ronarizona20052009/m.html?item=172315624291&hash=item281ecfc363%3Ag%3A1z4AAOSw-zxWoBFd&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Don't think they're selling many of them :)

Hahahaha I love the Banana dude selling fruit!!! Those are really cute! Thanks a lot for the link. :)