kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

Just now, Sir Stig said:

That goes both ways. Let's keep it fun, shall we.

Indeed. Should our actions be (or have been) contrary to those principles, give me a heads up. 

Perhaps I may be pardoned for bringing in a bit of history... when Eslandola established a settlement on Isla de la Victoria, we made no secret that our establishing a settlement was an act of war against Mardier (against whom we had already officially declared war).  If Corrington wishes for us to understand their offensive differently, drawing parallels between the cases is not a good idea...

Nova Malto - LaVar Balto. Why did I read this again? :sick:

Edit: just having a little fun. Ignore me. :grin:

Edited by Captain Dee

All, I have to take a break for a couple of days as I have some important tasks IRL this week that need my full attention and don't have time for drama here. As things are moving quickly I would like to clear a few things up given the tense atmosphere around here at the moment. In the interests of transparency I will do so here, in public and fully OOC. Also I want to save Bregir the pain of having to deal with this by himself and apologise to him for the work created. It was my party, I take responsibility.

I admit to being the brainchild behind Corrington's actions (except the WTC bits, that's all on Mesabi :pir_laugh2:). There was nothing malicious in my intentions when I proposed the initial concept. Actually I never seriously thought my fellow Corlanders would run with the idea. OOC I bear no faction any ill will. The plan was meant to be an in-character action and meant to resemble something a real life Empire would consider. I will try and explain this. Hopefully if you Eslandolans take a deep breath and take a step back, you can understand my perspective. Then maybe you can rationally respond and I can attempt to understand yours. Then we can get back to enjoying the game.

My idea was simple. Really it was simply an extension of where we were headed before the Mardierian presence was revealed. I have always thought of Corrington as very similar to Britain. British foreign policy was simply and clever, with a smaller base in manpower it had to be. In European conflict they would support the weaker side with the intention that no one side would ever become big enough to be a serious threat. In character I see this as Corrington's goals. That is why 2 out of 3 of my challenge 5 entries supported Mardier - the weaker side. Not because I hate greenies, in fact some of my best work has been in collaboration with Eslandolans and if I wasn't a redcoat, I'd be wearing green. Also the fact my entries were pro-Mardierian doesn't make my character pro-Mardierian. I strongly resent the statement we won an island by supporting Mardier. We won that island by winning category E. In-character none of us did anything to overtly support either side. I think there is some confusion here between what is OOC and what is IC. Happy to explain this further if required.

My justification for a neutral settlement on the Isla de Medio/Victoria was equally as simple. Despite however many times Eslandola may protest it, their settlement on the island was never legal. The island was not a prize the same way all the other islands claimed by all factions were. I would never, ever interfere with a legal settlement - and would put my full support against anyone who ever did. I saw the island as like Berelli. Disputed territory. Free for all. 

Now don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying I don't support Operation KMA. I do. Fully. It was a great move. It made sense. It was, in short, fantastic. It generated great story, probably the best challenge yet and most importantly, so many great MOCs. I didn't like the way the Mardierian presence was handled, but that is history and we worked through it.

Now challenge 5 is over. Again, don't take this the wrong way, but a playable faction vs. a NPC faction, it was really only ever going to end one way wasn't it? (again, not necessary a bad thing, I mean why have NPC nations if you can't beat up on them?:pir_tong2:) Anyway can you see why some people may perceive this as being an unfair advantage to Eslandola? Also you guys suddenly make an alliance with another NPC nation - I mean seriously, who is making this up? None of this has been communicated which is probably leading to these misunderstandings/frustrations.... perception is important. Leaders need to remember, we the unwashed public don't see all the inner workings, nor should we, but there needs to be a balance.

At no time did I understand that by wining challenge 5 Eslandola's claim would be legitimised. If that was a major misunderstanding on my part, please point out where it was clearly stipulated. Then I will have to seriously re-think my actions and assumptions, because as I said before, and I am very serious on this point - I would never, ever interfere with a legal settlement.

Nova Malto was never intended to be anything sinister.  I thought in-character we could have fun with accusations of being a puppet etc. Some friendly rivalry etc. But I fully expected to come to an agreement to either withdraw our troops or, maybe in the future even hand over the settlement. It was never meant to be Corlander territory, although you know what? If it was nothing would change, as I still don't see the Isla de Medio as a legal Eslandolan settlement. I had hoped we could have some fun and create some stories. Unfortunately it seems we can not do that without excess drama. Personally I'd rather be building up my own settlements, but I honestly thought this course of action would be better for the game. Clearly I was wrong.

If I made any incorrect assumptions please point them out. Hopefully you can see where I was coming from. I will check in a bit over the next couple of days, but won't have time for detailed replies. Hopefully this weekend I can get around to commenting on some of the awesome builds.

I apologise if I have offended anyone, please feel free to raise any issues with me. Hopefully we can resolve this in a calm, respectful manner.

Okay, thanks Ayrlego for your honest answer, let's start with my response:

3 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

All, I have to take a break for a couple of days as I have some important tasks IRL this week that need my full attention and don't have time for drama here. As things are moving quickly I would like to clear a few things up given the tense atmosphere around here at the moment. In the interests of transparency I will do so here, in public and fully OOC. Also I want to save Bregir the pain of having to deal with this by himself and apologise to him for the work created. It was my party, I take responsibility.

I hear you, I marry next week, so this timing is far from ideal for me as well...

I admit to being the brainchild behind Corrington's actions (except the WTC bits, that's all on Mesabi :pir_laugh2:). There was nothing malicious in my intentions when I proposed the initial concept. Actually I never seriously thought my fellow Corlanders would run with the idea. OOC I bear no faction any ill will. The plan was meant to be an in-character action and meant to resemble something a real life Empire would consider. I will try and explain this. Hopefully if you Eslandolans take a deep breath and take a step back, you can understand my perspective. Then maybe you can rationally respond and I can attempt to understand yours. Then we can get back to enjoying the game.

Nothing to say here, I appreciate you take the blame on yourself :)

My idea was simple. Really it was simply an extension of where we were headed before the Mardierian presence was revealed. I have always thought of Corrington as very similar to Britain. British foreign policy was simply and clever, with a smaller base in manpower it had to be. In European conflict they would support the weaker side with the intention that no one side would ever become big enough to be a serious threat. In character I see this as Corrington's goals. That is why 2 out of 3 of my challenge 5 entries supported Mardier - the weaker side. Not because I hate greenies, in fact some of my best work has been in collaboration with Eslandolans and if I wasn't a redcoat, I'd be wearing green. Also the fact my entries were pro-Mardierian doesn't make my character pro-Mardierian. I strongly resent the statement we won an island by supporting Mardier. We won that island by winning category E. In-character none of us did anything to overtly support either side. I think there is some confusion here between what is OOC and what is IC. Happy to explain this further if required.

I myself always support the weaker sides as well (if not being involved in something), so I do understand why you supported Mardier. This was the goal since the beginning that people would build for Mardier. But ofcourse, you can't build for Mardier and then say in the end you had nothing to do with Mardier. Corrington supported Mardier from the second challenge onwards, so you can't just say this never happened. If Corrington supported Eslandola the whole time, maybe we would have been more gratefull (Corrington entries: 4 pro-Eslandola - 8 pro-Mardier).
You did win an island because of your awesome entry, but as you may have noticed, Corrington has the largest empire. So you could simply welcome any refuges from Isla de la Victoria on one of your islands.

My justification for a neutral settlement on the Isla de Medio/Victoria was equally as simple. Despite however many times Eslandola may protest it, their settlement on the island was never legal. The island was not a prize the same way all the other islands claimed by all factions were. I would never, ever interfere with a legal settlement - and would put my full support against anyone who ever did. I saw the island as like Berelli. Disputed territory. Free for all.

Here you are wrong:

Overall Winning Side:

1st Place: Eslandola (3 Categories – Total Score: 107.92) - and as such it wins,

• The war...
  • the Isla de Many Names,
  • microbuild licenses (5 small, 3 medium, 2 large - free choice of category) to be placed in an extra settlement (if possible use one of the existing MAR locations) on the island,
  • a royal fort license (to be placed anywhere on the island, three microbuilds required, showing different parts of the fort, or one large microbuild, license doesn't count against the fort limit of the corresponding settlement)

2nd Place: Mardier (2 Categories – Total Score: 97.61)

And these rewards were well known since the beginning of Challenge V:

But what is at stake for the nations, you ask?  The future of Mardier, Garvey, and Eslandola all hang in the balance!  Will Mardier crush its opponents and regain its old position as the greatest empire of the world, or will Eslandola and Garvey be dictating its terms?  Find out and tell us!

(OOC:  Another digression, I'm afraid!

Overall Faction Winners:

• MAR, if the winning side, would win:
    • The war...
    • Isla de Many Names,
    • an extra settlement on said island
    • a royal fort license to be placed in any of its territories
    • a monthly stipend of 300DBs to be paid by Eslandola as rent for the land on which Fuerte Unido is situated (the settlement, however, would continue to belong to ESL)
  • ESL, if the winning side, would win:
    • The war...
    • Isla de Many Names,
    • microbuild licenses (5 small, 3 medium, 2 large - free choice of category) to be placed in an extra settlement (if possible use one of the existing MAR locations) on the island,
    • a royal fort license (to be placed anywhere on the island, three microbuilds required, showing different parts of the fort, or one large microbuild, license doesn't count against the fort limit of the corresponding settlement)
  • In the case of no decisive win, one way or the other, the island would be peacefully (well, not really... but the war would be ended) split in half between MAR and ESL.

---

Now don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying I don't support Operation KMA. I do. Fully. It was a great move. It made sense. It was, in short, fantastic. It generated great story, probably the best challenge yet and most importantly, so many great MOCs. I didn't like the way the Mardierian presence was handled, but that is history and we worked through it.

Even it was very exhausting, it was a lot of fun for us as well :)

Now challenge 5 is over. Again, don't take this the wrong way, but a playable faction vs. a NPC faction, it was really only ever going to end one way wasn't it? (again, not necessary a bad thing, I mean why have NPC nations if you can't beat up on them?:pir_tong2:) Anyway can you see why some people may perceive this as being an unfair advantage to Eslandola? Also you guys suddenly make an alliance with another NPC nation - I mean seriously, who is making this up? None of this has been communicated which is probably leading to these misunderstandings/frustrations.... perception is important. Leaders need to remember, we the unwashed public don't see all the inner workings, nor should we, but there needs to be a balance.

Here I do want to point out the lore that was set before the events.

Eslandola was already at war with Mardier before we established our settlement on the island. So yes, it was an act of aggression of Eslandola and we knew this would probably lead to some kind of war with Mardier. I just wonder if you considered a possible war between Corrington and Eslandola when you claimed Malto?

About Garvey: the same way Oleon made an alliance with Mardier, we made an alliance with Garvey. Was this some kind of hocus pocus? Not really, Garvey was already at war with Mardier prior to the events of KPA.

At no time did I understand that by wining challenge 5 Eslandola's claim would be legitimised. If that was a major misunderstanding on my part, please point out where it was clearly stipulated. Then I will have to seriously re-think my actions and assumptions, because as I said before, and I am very serious on this point - I would never, ever interfere with a legal settlement.

See my previous answer

Nova Malto was never intended to be anything sinister.  I thought in-character we could have fun with accusations of being a puppet etc. Some friendly rivalry etc. But I fully expected to come to an agreement to either withdraw our troops or, maybe in the future even hand over the settlement. It was never meant to be Corlander territory, although you know what? If it was nothing would change, as I still don't see the Isla de Medio as a legal Eslandolan settlement. I had hoped we could have some fun and create some stories. Unfortunately it seems we can not do that without excess drama. Personally I'd rather be building up my own settlements, but I honestly thought this course of action would be better for the game. Clearly I was wrong.

The justification isn't right. You blame Eslandola for not taking care of those people, while we already started rebuilding villages (see my challenge V entry)...

If I made any incorrect assumptions please point them out. Hopefully you can see where I was coming from. I will check in a bit over the next couple of days, but won't have time for detailed replies. Hopefully this weekend I can get around to commenting on some of the awesome builds.

I apologise if I have offended anyone, please feel free to raise any issues with me. Hopefully we can resolve this in a calm, respectful manner.

2 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I hear you, I marry next week, so this timing is far from ideal for me as well...

Hahaha! The whole time I thought you were referring to your IC marriage as prince of Garvey! :pir-grin: congrats!

@Ayrlego I find your action very (imperialistic) British! Cheers to that! Corrington finally woke up.

What seems to have escalated this is that the Eslandola PM was in the midst of actively discussing our plans for Isla de Victoria. Several pages of plans got stepped on with the posting of your idea. We were also completely of the mind that winning Challenge 5 completely legitimized our claim to the island.

It seems that you failed to anticipate that we Eslandola players would be so active at the time. In the last day there have been more than 10 pages of discussion of proposals and counter-proposals to come up with proper responses to your idea. Since it was Bregir who made the initial post, he got the heavy focus of the invective rhetoric in our private discussion. Thank you for clearing up that issue.

Our quick responses seems to have forced Bregir into making sweeping in-character statements. The failure to anticipate our speed may have generated a position for Corrington that you had not intended.

Just now, gedren_y said:

What seems to have escalated this is that the Eslandola PM was in the midst of actively discussing our plans for Isla de Victoria. Several pages of plans got stepped on with the posting of your idea. We were also completely of the mind that winning Challenge 5 completely legitimized our claim to the island.

It seems that you failed to anticipate that we Eslandola players would be so active at the time. In the last day there have been more than 10 pages of discussion of proposals and counter-proposals to come up with proper responses to your idea. Since it was Bregir who made the initial post, he got the heavy focus of the invective rhetoric in our private discussion. Thank you for clearing up that issue.

Our quick responses seems to have forced Bregir into making sweeping in-character statements. The failure to anticipate our speed may have generated a position for Corrington that you had not intended.

Lads, why don't you just duel? Wasn't that once intended to be part of conflict resolution? And it would bring others the chance to wager on something :pir-grin:

Corrington's positions are logical consequences of ours and your actions. We act and react as needed. We did not expect you to be so hostile, but we act based on what happens. 

That is all I will say for now. :) 

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

Congrats and all the best!

48 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

And these rewards were well known since the beginning of Challenge V:

Oh megablocks! Seriously, how on earth did I miss that?

In that case Maxim and all Eslandola my sincere apologies. I am totally in the wrong and take full responsibility.

I am however, glad we now have it all out in the open.

Can we pause a while and work OOC a bit to try and come up with a solution that works for all. In line with my statement above, I have no interest in interfering with legally gained settlements.

52 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

I just wonder if you considered a possible war between Corrington and Eslandola when you claimed Malto?

Yes, but to be fair, we never claimed Malto for Corrington. I believe war would have been (and still will be) an over reaction and I don't think you'd have it as easy as you may think, even with your advantage in builders. A new war challenge against two playable factions should not favour one side as much as Challenge 5 did.

Anyway, we don't even have rules for war at this stage.

54 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

The justification isn't right. You blame Eslandola for not taking care of those people, while we already started rebuilding villages

56 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

So you could simply welcome any refuges from Isla de la Victoria on one of your islands.

I think you are mixing IC/OOC again. That justification was our publicly stated IC reason, of course an Empire will claim whatever looks best and not reveal it's full justifications. The size of our empire is irrelevant here.

I have been upfront here with our real IC motivations which I believe make perfect sense for our nation. 

57 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

But ofcourse, you can't build for Mardier and then say in the end you had nothing to do with Mardier.

I still strongly disagree with this statement. The challenge made it very difficult to remain neutral. We took great pains to ensure our characters committed no actions that supported either side. So I can and will say that we did in no way officially support either side.

49 minutes ago, Jacob Nion said:

I find your action very (imperialistic) British! Cheers to that! Corrington finally woke up.

Thank you, that was precisely my intention, all be it on a flawed premise. Maybe next time I won't cock it up so royally.

36 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Several pages of plans got stepped on with the posting of your idea. We were also completely of the mind that winning Challenge 5 completely legitimized our claim to the island.

You were right and I was wrong. I'm sorry. Had the island not been a legitimate prize, I would stand by my decisions, I was however, mistaken. Therefore I completely withdraw my support for our actions, regardless of what my faction decides, I can no longer in good faith build for Nova Malto (I will however build there to defend Corrington and her interests if required and to defend the safety of the Mayor, who despite being threatened by Eslandola, is an honourable man who is only trying to to the best for his people). I hope we can come up with a way to resolve this and I apologise we have had to resort to OOC actions at this point.

Regardless of the fact I was wrong, I hope you can see that Eslandola's sometimes heavy handed response can sometimes not be received well. I don't think I am the only player to feel that the rules have been slightly bent to accommodate your actions on several occasions. I am sorry, but your occupation of the Isla de Medio/Victoria still doesn't sit right with me, but I will respect the Challenge 5 rules.

In conclusion, I guess I was trying to create some balance but did so on a flawed premise. I still think our actions made sense IC for an Empire such as ours. Again sorry for the mess. Now I really have to go :pir-classic:

OOC: Ayrlego had the idea, but he bears no more responsibility (if not less) than those who stand behind the action. And clearly, the main responsibility is mine as a leader. I interpreted the challenge prize differently (I. E. Not as an official claim) based on what I saw in court. My guess is we started different places in our interpretation of the prize, and as we got nearer, Garmadon made his understanding more explicit in his write-ups. (which is perfectly natural. I have also approved those write-ups) 

However, I still think we should play this out IC (hopefully Corrington can reply tonight). At least to me these are the things that makes bobs dynamic and interesting. 

I am of course sorry to hear Ayrlego withdraw his support (although with reservations) but hope we can continue this interesting IC development. 

@Ayrlego, thank you very much for the full explanation! - I figured that that part of the challenge description must have been missed by some or all of the Corrington members here, and glad to find out I was right :pir-classic:

Re: Challenge V - phwew!  I must say, that was a very complicated thing to handle, but I will say, I believe it ended up even more equal than I could have hoped for between the two sides.  A couple of specific notes to reply to some questions - (a) the challenge was already fully written before even the KMA, and I only re-wrote some parts of it and added ESL into the equation, and (b) it was originally going to be between Garvey and Mardier - that was the only reason for our alliance with GAR (to include our war in the challenge, as we all really wanted to find some good way to finish the thing), and ESL never got any practical benefit from that alliance, as far as I know.  No DBs were borrowed from our allies, nor were any ships which they may have sent out subject to our control (Ska handles all of those NPCs).

Now, given the first premises - Eslandola, a full-out faction, vs. Mardier, an NPC - it was clear that making things anything like equal in a challenge was well-nigh impossible (I've never really approved of NPCs, especially 'powerful' ones, for exactly this reason).  I believe that ESL has the most active and probably largest member base, and that means, if nothing else, that the initial sides are incredibly lopsided.  As such, I attempted to give every incentive to build for MAR I could (particularly, greater prizes for every individual entry, greater prize for the individual winner) without making the challenge very tilted against us - really, I can't think of much more I could have done to help MAR in the challenge, and if anything more had been suggested by leadership, I certainly would have at least seriously considered it.  Even as it was, though, an Eslandolan or two were (legitimately) somewhat concerned about the advantages being somewhat against them.

In the end, thanks especially to the efforts of Oleon (:pir-laugh: :pir_tong2:), the challenge ended up closer and more exciting than I think could have been expected with the lopsided premise to start with - I've got to really thank all of you who built for Mardier: I've been in a challenge where the sides were unbelievably unequal every since the onset (I mean, really, really unequal - an IB like output from everyone on the smaller side would still have probably left them in the dust), and a closer one is a great deal more fun for all (not to say losing the challenge in GoH wasn't fun, just a little... tiring :laugh: :tongue:)!

As to the prize of the island - the intention of including ESL in the challenge was always very clearly (I thought, and I certainly made it as clear as I could, especially in leadership) to end the war and decide the fate of the island.  The prizes were stated in the same words that the Corries' prize of an island of their choice was stated in, and reflected the wording of all island prizes in the past.  As to it being too much for a prize, I can't really see that position very well - I mean, the usual before this was to hand out two islands to first and second places, and one to third and fourth!  Remember, if it had occurred to us (:wall: :pir-laugh:) we could have just claimed Skaford Heights and another island as a prize for Challenge IV!  (Or did those islands come out with challenge III?  Can't remember :pir_wacko:...)

Is an operation like the KMA an ideal way to wage a war?  No, of course not (well, maybe, IRL :laugh:).  I can see how it might be construed as a land-grabbing tendency of Eslandola's, but I assure you, we've got more islands than we know what to do with!  We didn't care (and don't) about the land en si.  We did it for the same reason that Ayrlego started this idea - to enliven and make the game more fun and real.  Yep, we made some mistakes, and should have warned leadership about it beforehand - at least! - but remember that we over in Eslandola are part of this larger BoBS community, and our goals are to have fun and make sure all the others have fun as well :thumbup:

(Another reason I dislike faction PMs and have always discouraged them - I wish we operated a bit more like one community of LEGO builders coming together to build up this world, not like one community of Eslandolans, one of Sea Rats, etc. etc...)

Anyways, by all means, this has happened and let's go through with this! - but do realize that it is Eslandolan land as of Challenge V that the settlement is seated on.  I love a good collab and you all definitely had one! - it's only a pity that it involved a misunderstanding of the challenge and its results.  And definitely don't be deterred from building on in Eslandola or any of our settlements - I'd love to see more inter-faction building and collabing grow out of this! :pir-sweet:

And don't worry about poking fun at us generally - the more trashtalking, the merrier! (and hey, I did expect a duel a bit ago from all that trashtalking in the Introduction thread, whatever came of that? :pir-laugh: :pir-grin:)

Well, being 7 hours behind the folks in Europe makes for a lot of reading in the morning! :pir-grin:  I will try to make some brief comments for now and try to be more detailed later.

@Ayrlego, thank you for your post. This has led to good discussion and a better understanding of both sides' positions.

@Maxim I, thank you for your detailed response to Ayrlego. I think you hit most of the points that needed to be addressed from the ESL side.

@Bregir, sorry for all the work this has caused you. I know how you feel! :wink:

@Garmadon, your reply above really helps as well, stated much better than I could have done. Thank you. :thumbup:

One thing I want to highlight from Garmadon's reply:

40 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Remember, if it had occurred to us (:wall: :pir-laugh:) we could have just claimed Skaford Heights and another island as a prize for Challenge IV!

This is actually where the confusion of KMA started. We DID plan on claiming Skaford Heights and were in the process of deciding which other island to claim. The island was not listed as claimed by Mardier when originally posted. Then all of a sudden Mardier had claimed an island when we didn't think we were on the clock against them. So, besides all the other issues with Mardier at the time, that element is important for understanding why we responded with KMA as we did. FYI.

That's all for the moment. I'll try to be back with more soon. Thanks to everyone for their contributions to making this game more interesting than I ever imagined! :wacko: :pir-grin:

---------------------------------------------------

Attention @Bregir:

To Don Isaac Montoya, consul and representative of Queen Annetta of Corrington,

Given the developments of the past 24 hours, the Continental Council of Eslandola has instructed me to rescind the offer I proposed yesterday. In it's place, we ask that you allow us into the settlement to administer aid without condition, other than that you will not be treated as hostile, nor will we, but rather as the friends we believe our two countries to be.

If this is not possible, we will not enter the settlement, but we will implement a full land and sea blockade of the settlement. Any refugees who wish to leave will be allowed to do so. They will be provided food and temporary shelter, and transport to Puerto Desafio if desired. We then suggest that our leaders convene for truce talks, where we can discuss a peaceable solution to this situation.

I eagerly await your reply, and hope that our nations can return to our previously friendly relationship and respect of the international laws of the Brick Seas.

Sincerely,

Gov. Willem Guilder
Member, Eslandola Continental Council

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

... I hope you can see that Eslandola's sometimes heavy handed response can sometimes not be received well...

:pir-grin:  Okay, so we aren't the coolest of reactors.  But please, don't read more into our reactions than is really there (we're not the ones who have threatened to fire...).  I think we've been having some good fun poking fun at you guys:pir-laugh:  Personally, I think this whole thing has played out well so far (no comparison to KMA after Mardier reacted, frankly!).  I'm quite positive that neither of us want war, but a little friendly bashing won't hurt us. :pir-wink:  We've had some neat building activity already out of this.  It's a pity that it started with a misunderstanding respecting the OOC status of Isla de la Victoria, but I'm sure we can work around that to a friendly solution and in the meantime, let's have fun!

@Maxim I GZ man on your future marriage! Welcome to the dark side of the moon. We have cookies!!! :tongue:

@Garmadon Thanks for reminding us the gains of the last Challenge. This island ownership is clearly stated.

@Ayrlego Thanks for the inside look of the initial planning of this incident (although I would prefer a more IC approach tbh)

To all: While I fully understand your frustration, eagerness and patriotism, please try to play this IC as much as possible. Else the Empire Oleon will smite everybody :tongue: On the IC side I must congratulate @Capt Wolf and @Bregir for pushing towards that direction. :thumbup:

@Kai NRG Exactly my thoughts. Bashing and discussion stimulates creation, like EVERY TIME and this is something we must all pursue for the benefit of BoBS (as long as we only temporarily bend some rules and don't break them).

Just now, blackdeathgr said:

...Else the Empire Oleon will smite everybody :tongue: ...

Oh please.  You lazy blues?  You're just sitting on you rocking chairs and laughing. :pir-grin:

Edited by Kai NRG

16 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Oh please.  You lazy blues?  You're just sitting on you rocking chairs and laughing. :pir-grin:

Do we? Aw, you are so cute and gullible... Muhahahahahahaha! :grin:

(taken from an old MOC) 35571436455_f2662e015b_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

We then suggest that our leaders convene for truce talks, where we can discuss a peaceable solution to this situation.

OOC: @Bregir, I'm thinking we could actually do some MOCs for this and carry on the debate IC in a dedicated thread. It would also help slow down the problematic speed/time element to the current situation. Additionally, it would be interesting to get the sigfigs all together in one place for storytelling purposes. Food for thought.

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

Okay, so we aren't the coolest of reactors.

Three Mile Island comes to mind... Chernobyl... :pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Kai NRG said:

...a little friendly bashing won't hurt us. :pir-wink:

Everyone should speak for themselves on this. I'll be blunt: each of these big meltdowns makes me regret ever having joined BoBS. If not for commitments I've made I would've left long ago. Quite frankly, I don't see much "friendly" in these ugly blow-ups. Everyone is saying, "Fun, fun, have fun!" If arguing, bickering, finger-pointing, etc is everyone's idea of fun then this place should be in a state of euphoria. Call me a spoil-sport; I don't care - the fact is, I didn't come here for all this drama. I got back into LEGO for creative stress relief, and don't care to repeatedly witness this.

The one positive I see right now is a general consensus on coming to a workable solution - but isn't that usually the case?

14 minutes ago, Captain Dee said:

Everyone should speak for themselves on this. I'll be blunt: each of these big meltdowns makes me regret ever having joined BoBS. If not for commitments I've made I would've left long ago. Quite frankly, I don't see much "friendly" in these ugly blow-ups. Everyone is saying, "Fun, fun, have fun!" If arguing, bickering, finger-pointing, etc is everyone's idea of fun then this place should be in a state of euphoria. Call me a spoil-sport; I don't care - the fact is, I didn't come here for all this drama. I got back into LEGO for creative stress relief, and don't care to repeatedly witness this.

The one positive I see right now is a general consensus on coming to a workable solution - but isn't that usually the case?

Cpt Dee, things are not the way you see it. As I always like to say, intrigue is (and always had been worldwide) a source of inspiration and motivation. If everybody was bickering, then you would have had absolutely right. But such is not the case, at least here, nor all those beautiful MOCs built in no time that stemmed out of this incident are fantasy. They are real. And people please don't forget that BoBS besides a (building) strategy game, is also an RPG game and as such, we must all "act" accordingly IC (trashtalking, dueling, faction blaming faction, Pirates plundering, captains going rogue etc etc), because, you know, it is fun (at least in my opinion). Else we would all be playing Port Royal in a scripted environment without stress. People and their reactions is that give this game so much life (again in my opinion).

But pardon us for going out of topic here as such things would be best discussed at the general BoBS thread (OR at the Court) and not at a faction's thread while Corries are poking Eslandolans and the tension has risen tremendously. Don't spoil the movie for us Oleanders, we have paid our movie ticket! :tongue:

I don't know why y'all are complaining about the drama over nova malto. It's stuff like this that makes BoBS fun. All this started when I built a fort and @Ayrlego came up with his brilliant plan. What would we be doing if Pax Corlandia hadn't happened? Eslandola would just be slapping down more settlements on Victoria and Corrigton would be improving island number 14. That's boring. Instead, we have 3 armies facing each other at gunpoint over a ruined settlement, where a terrorist is on the loose! How cool is that? This is the first time I've actually really been interested in BoBS. Things are happening! Not just the usual boring properties that get tossed down while we all wait for the MCRA. And if it caused some drama, so what? After all it's just a game. I honestly don't care what happens to WTC or corrington or Eslandola. This is something I do for fun. If a war is caused because of this, so what? It'll be fun no matter what happens. If anyone isn't having fun becof what happened in game, your playing wrong. I could lose all of my ships, and I'd have a blast.

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

All I have to say is thank you, for a great IC-initiative (and OOC I see nothing wrong with it either), adding A LOT to the story aspect of BoBS, and also forcing a multitude of fantastic MOCs, both from Corrington as well as from Eslandola. I like it all a lot!

And to all those who take any of it personally: Please remember it's just a game. :-) 

Edited by Elostirion

That's the spirit guys! Now it's the time where either the guns will talk OR a peace initiative will be brought up (Hint! our own most esteemed ambassador @Captain Genaro is an excellent negotiator if you need help). Or you can always shoot each other and let Oleon rule supreme! :grin: