kabel

The Empire of Eslandola: Sign-up and Discussion

21 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

looking marvellous! :-) 

13 minutes ago, Phred said:

Nice work Capt Wolf. :thumbup:

Thanks! I had enough completed to take some teaser shots, so I just had to share. The hall is basically done, but I'm still working on some details to finish it off.

Can we have a round of applause for Capt Wolf, Eslandola's newest leader, please? :pir-classic:  He'll be taking over my job over the next month as I get ready to retire...

By all means, congrats Capt! :pir-sweet:  Say hello to all the hours of work, rule making, trouble solving, sleepless nights... :tongue:  Just kidding, welcome aboard!

Really neat looking council hall as well, looking forward to seeing the rest of that! 

On 12/9/2016 at 6:21 AM, Garmadon said:

By all means, congrats Capt! :pir-sweet:  Say hello to all the hours of work, rule making, trouble solving, sleepless nights... :tongue:  Just kidding, welcome aboard!

Really neat looking council hall as well, looking forward to seeing the rest of that! 

Thanks (I think)!

And as for the council hall, I've posted the rest. I hope nobody minds that I invited several sigfigs over to see it.

After ESL had published a letter of apology towards OL in the latest edition of the King's Port Advertiser, the Duke of Corban himself - the undersecretary for public waste management who usually handles all ESL-related correspondence couldn't be bothered - wrote a letter, and handed it over to the Minion-powered Oleander Orderly Postal Service (OOPS), which 60,97% of the time is much much faster and much much more reliable than your average postal service - in your face, KPA-distributor! Luckily enough, it was one of these days, so the letter arrived... somewhere in your green capital:

To... whom it may concern,

His Majesty King Philip I would like to express his appreciation for you finally having found your way to reason, for having put His Majesty's rogue cousin to his place - wherever it may be - and an end to this pathetic charade. The offering of your humble gift is seen with satisfaction, and can be regarded as a step towards the reestablishment of trust between our both nations.

Furthermore, His Majesty would like to express that your nation's fall from dynastic rule is seen with concern, as it might upset the cordial balance between our both nations, and make Eslandola less of a reliable partner. His Majesty would like to emphasize that any attempt of spreading such un-monarchic ideas to Oleander lands will meet swift and decisive retaliation. However, for now we are watching your political experiment with curiosity.

For His Majesty,

Guiscard Emery de Beauregard, Duc de Corban et Secrétaire d'État de la Marine.

Granoleon, Dec. 12th, 616AE

30756418334_4dffbf0ea9_o.png

And - of course - congratulations, Capt Wolf!! :classic:

May the patience be with you! :vader:

To the Most Honourable Guy K. Wyndzon, holder of many titles,

It has come to my attention that the settlement of Salida Este, of the Island Ferro Azure is without a leader. The island possesses a bounty of resources, and it requires a leader now, in order to draw greater prominence and trade to the future city. I would send some of the islands famous marlin fillets with this letter, but I fear they would be quite rank and inedible by the time it reached you. If you wish to experience that and other fine cuisine from the island please, do pay us a visit. We also have a few debtors and some empty palm trees available if your uncle happens to come along. In case my intent was unclear I wish to formally apply to be the mayor of Salida Este, and to lead it to an age of growth and prosperity. 

To Your Health and the Prosperity of Eslandola,
640x160.jpg

To Philip I,

Usurper!  Be it known that I, Fernando Augusto VII, solemnly protest and hereby accuse you and your Oleon minions of having jointly conspired to dethrone me!  You could not hold your throne against my suprior claims by right, so you resorted to stratagem, interfering among my Councillors and spreading the ideas of revolution!  Well may you deplore the fall of the Eslandian dynastic regime!  You'll rue the day you countenanced it!

Your most necessitous cousin,
Fernando Augusto
Fernando Augusto

P.S. Should you wish to retrieve your grievous error and reinstate me on my patrimonial throne, my messenger will be glad to receive instructions as to where to meet the army you send to my assistance.

Guy K Wyndzon: What?  He sent what?!?
Servant: Well, it wasn't sealed, so I just happened to...
Guy: Saddle your horse!  Catch the mail carrier!  That letter must be stopped!  And you (to guard) - go lock Fernando in the nearest brig!

:pir-grin:

To the most honorable Revon de Crocodril,

Your request to be appointed leader of Salida Este is reasonable and timely.  It is my pleasure to hereby present you with the mayorship of that settlement.  I wish you prosperity in your new charge!

With my sincere gratitude for not having sent the rank marlin filets,
I remain,
Your servant,
Guy K. Wyndzon
Guy K. Wyndzon
MCTC Leader

Great work @Kai NRG - I hope you don't plan to leave the Eslandolan leadership entirely, that would leave a massive gap in our nation. Thanks for all your numerous efforts - fantastic work as usual.

We might consider changing our status with the pirates?

15 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Great work @Kai NRG - I hope you don't plan to leave the Eslandolan leadership entirely, that would leave a massive gap in our nation. Thanks for all your numerous efforts - fantastic work as usual...

I do intend to leave leadership entirely, actually.  I've noticed that quite a few RPG leaders just keep going until they burn out, and then leave the game and leadership together, which I don't want to happen to me.  But I'll hopefully still be around, probably taking an even more active part with my own story!

Three days left to bid for the White Skull, a MOCed 2A!

If you're interested, PM @Kai NRG and @Legostone with your highest bid.  The winner will pay 5 DBs more than the second highest bid.
Minimum bid: 100 DBs.
Deadline: Dec. 20th 2016

Rumor has is that Renato Filamento might have survived the jungle healthy and sane!

Hoooraay :D

39 minutes ago, kabel said:

Rumor has is that Renato Filamento might have survived the jungle healthy and sane!

58 minutes ago, kabel said:

One wonders how the viceroy will react to the new constitution! :pir-wink:

Welcome back, Kabel!

1 hour ago, kabel said:

Hooray, indeed! Welcome back!

But note that Eslandola may have changed a bit while you were in the jungle. :wink:

2 hours ago, kabel said:

Awe man! We can't have too many sane Eslandolians. :pir-laugh:

7 minutes ago, TitusV said:

You're absolutely amazing man, I think you just trippled the Eslandolan fleet! :thumbup: 

Going by cargo capacity I added about 1/4 to what we already had. Not too much ;)

Just now, Legostone said:

Going by cargo capacity I added about 1/4 to what we already had. Not too much ;)

Of course not. You can never have too much cargo-capacity! 

Abraham Price III - Business Connoisseur. Entrepreneur, and Gentleman.  For profit!

bJw8yu3.png

Abraham Price III is the only son of a renown business magnate.  As a child, he was taught the ins-and-outs of trading, investing, and monopolizing.  Despite being more intelligent than most, he has never traveled aboard the high seas nor has he been prone to violence.  Instead, if there was a problem, he either bribed his way out of sticky situations or hired those seeking coin to do his dirty work for him.  He lived on his parent's plantation for all of his life where he prefers the peace and quiet.  Once they passed, he inherited the plantation and his family's wealth.  Question is, what will he do with it all?

OoC: I may upload a better picture later on and elaborate more on his backstory but that is the gist of it all.

Edited by Goliath