The Real Walkers

Question: Buyers having 100s of promotional figures for sale?

I've been scouring eBay for a C3PO (red arm), but they're all a little overpriced for my liking. How is it that the sellers have, in some cases, 100s of figures for sale? Where do they get them all?

P.s. If anyone has the mentioned figure above in the UK for a good price, PM me :blush:

Most likely Toys R Us. I can walk into one today and walk out with 100 plus of them. Are they hard to find where you are?

Well, yes and no. I had planned to order online via LEGO with their £25+ deal, but I'm currently only interested in the new battle packs that are coming out 1st Jan (when the offer has finished...) I thought they were for sale in Toys R Us, I asked a member of staff about it when I went in and she said that wasn't a thing...

TRU can be really shifty. Some stores always out out their stuff like their told and some stores have people who work there that know the value of the toys that come in and they buy them at some point in their shift and then flip them. Given that C-3PO is packed in just one large case, a person could get 50-100 at a time. This happens even with minifigures that are "get with purchase".

I wouldn't worry. I'm betting red arm C-3PO will definitely come out in a future set before the next movie. Granted maybe with no arm printing, but good enough. Right now I wouldn't pay EBay/scalper prices on anything Star Wars because it's a feeding frenzy. Wait for things to die down later this year and the prices will be more manageable.

I had close to 200 C3PO's ;) You can buy them if you're persistent :D I'm down to 10 I think. I can sell them for $10 each shipped stateside. Btw, last batch ran me $5.99 each + tax (TRU raised the prices!) and shipping is just over $2. Difference covers my time and fuel :D Otherwise it's $8 + shipping to wherever.

Edited by Ludzik

TRU can be really shifty. Some stores always out out their stuff like their told and some stores have people who work there that know the value of the toys that come in and they buy them at some point in their shift and then flip them. Given that C-3PO is packed in just one large case, a person could get 50-100 at a time. This happens even with minifigures that are "get with purchase".

I wouldn't worry. I'm betting red arm C-3PO will definitely come out in a future set before the next movie. Granted maybe with no arm printing, but good enough. Right now I wouldn't pay EBay/scalper prices on anything Star Wars because it's a feeding frenzy. Wait for things to die down later this year and the prices will be more manageable.

I'm hoping it is in a set, though SPOILERS, the arm was back to golden at the end of the film. One seller on eBay has one for £7.50 with P&P, but I'm just hesitant to support those that purchased loads with the intention of selling them on, no offence to Ludzik above :blush:

Well... I can see this both ways; I think resellers are doing a service, particularly for those in areas or countries that can't get them, and a few dollars surcharge for the trouble is reasonable.

But when they go and get hundreds at a time, so that when I, who lives near several Toys-R-Us stores, can't get one because, you know, I actually had to go to work that day, and they're all gone when I get off from work so that I can't buy ONE, I think it's more than a bit inconsiderate.

Well... I can see this both ways; I think resellers are doing a service, particularly for those in areas or countries that can't get them, and a few dollars surcharge for the trouble is reasonable.

But when they go and get hundreds at a time, so that when I, who lives near several Toys-R-Us stores, can't get one because, you know, I actually had to go to work that day, and they're all gone when I get off from work so that I can't buy ONE, I think it's more than a bit inconsiderate.

I hear you but believe me... I didn't buy all from one store nor all at the same time :) the amount I had was a result of nearly 10 trips to multiple TRU's ;) I try not to charge too much because I'm in it for the fun rather then the $

I think it's difficult because people feel they need to get them fast so theyre willing to pay high so the sellers will sell for high.