Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The main character of the movie's only figure so far doesn't have leg printing? Am I the only one has an issue with that?

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

It was unusual yes, and I doubt they'll repeat the same mistake twice in a row. 

3 hours ago, Spoddy said:

In the finale of "Go Rogue" we see a clear shot of Jyn without a fleece over her torso - the print is pretty great in my opinion, and I don't think the lack of leg printing hurts the figure at all. They use the official figs, and she isn't wearing her hat piece - does anyone who owns the U-Wing know if she comes with an extra hairpiece?

That torso print does look great.  This may be totally the wrong thing to say considering the title of this forum, but I was a bit disappointed that the last episode was purely Lego based - I liked the mish mash of all the different sized stormtroopers etc.

That said, the Lego animation is fantastic and the MOCs are great.  Also, can anyone confirm - is that 'Furious Krennic' face his genuine alternate face?

Edited by Richpepperell

Jyn's torso print looks great. What I love about these cloth ponchos is that its giving us two different looks for the price of one minifigure - like having both ROTJ General and Endor Leia with the Shuttle or in this case Jyn's main costume and her Eadu one.

I agree about the lack of leg printing though. She's fine without it while wearing the poncho, but when she's not wearing it she does look a little unfinished.

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

That torso print does look great.  This may be totally the wrong thing to say considering the title of this forum, but I was a bit disappointed that the last episode was purely Lego based - I liked the mish mash of all the different sized stormtroopers etc.

That said, the Lego animation is fantastic and the MOCs are great.  Also, can anyone confirm - is that 'Furious Krennic' face his genuine alternate face?

It looked like Elrond's angry face to me. I may be wrong but eyebrows colour was darker then Krennic's one.

Edited by Krulis

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen a sticker on a minifig, although not exactly on the torso itself. From Krennic's shuttle:

92PeOQc.png

Weird since Lego printed the tiles on the Snowtrooper backpacks and the Battlefront jetpacks.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Go Rogue part 4 shows Jyns torso print in detail and it's highly detailed!

Yay!

oYMpwEx.png

xqegW84.png

Edited by afolaus

4 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

I don't think Krennic has an alternate face 

1 hour ago, afolaus said:

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen a sticker on a minifig, although not exactly on the torso itself. From Krennic's shuttle:

92PeOQc.png

Weird since Lego printed the tiles on the Snowtrooper backpacks and the Battlefront jetpacks.

Yay!

oYMpwEx.png

xqegW84.png

I would say that the only reason those are printed is because I think they don't do 1x1 stickers.

4 hours ago, afolaus said:

*snip*

Take a closer look, it's not a tile - it's clearly a 2 x 1 Curved Slope piece. TLG has never put printing on one of those, AFAIK.

Does anyone here own Krennic's shuttle? If so, I'd like to request a comparison photo with the Tydirium in landing mode! I want to see if Krennic's shuttle can fit in my display cabinet, heh. It looks rather tall.

8 hours ago, Nokturn said:

Take a closer look, it's not a tile - it's clearly a 2 x 1 Curved Slope piece. TLG has never put printing on one of those, AFAIK.

I really wonder why that is. It seems like they have no problems printing on curved pieces.

I was looking at the pictures of 75157: Death Star and was reminded how much I dislike the design for Darth Vader's TIE Fighter in this set.

Now I know this may not be a popular opinion on this forum... But I quite like the Star Wars MicroFighters and think that it would have been fine had they just made Darth Vader's TIE into something along the lines of 75031: TIE Interceptor or 75128: TIE Advanced Prototype.

2 hours ago, lomis said:

I was looking at the pictures of 75157: Death Star and was reminded how much I dislike the design for Darth Vader's TIE Fighter in this set.

Now I know this may not be a popular opinion on this forum... But I quite like the Star Wars MicroFighters and think that it would have been fine had they just made Darth Vader's TIE into something along the lines of 75031: TIE Interceptor or 75128: TIE Advanced Prototype.

Well, although the Death Star itself is not too realistic, I don't feel the cartoonish style of the micro fighters really goes with it. However, the Vader doesn't fit inside the mini model that comes with the Death Star, does it?

34 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

However, the Vader doesn't fit inside the mini model that comes with the Death Star, does it?

I think it does. The canopy has been modified to be higher to accommodate the two piece helmet.

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

Well, although the Death Star itself is not too realistic, I don't feel the cartoonish style of the micro fighters really goes with it. However, the Vader doesn't fit inside the mini model that comes with the Death Star, does it?

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

I think it does. The canopy has been modified to be higher to accommodate the two piece helmet.

It does indeed:

29575790526_0f60c32791_z.jpg

(Photo from Brickset)

Just watched the Brickshow review of Krennics Shuttle (as always with Brickshow - spot the building mistakes!). That's a day one purchase right there and it got me thinking - how would that ball joint solution work on Kylo Rens shuttle. Krennics shuttle wings must have a similar weight. Worth a try?

Edited by Richpepperell