Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

JANGBRiCKS just recently uploaded an early review of the AT-ST just in case anyone's interested:

Just spotted the Rogue One sets on the shelves at my local Toymaster (UK) They had all the sets except the AT-ST so I picked up the Hovertank and U-Wing.

Love the Hovertank and have already MODed it so the top hatch opens more realistically. See here 

Haven't built the U-Wing yet but I'm already looking forward to it!!

In Jang's AT-ST review, I noticed how weird the AT-ST driver's mouth looked, and now that I'm watching the other AT-ST review video, I see it's "just" a defect (on Jang's one). However that Blaze minifig, I find his beard rather weird, like a child drew it.

Now let's remember how the previous AT-ST driver's face looked. 1. Finer strokes, 2. sub-color detail, 3. better-looking chin strap. The new one looks like a step backwards (while the body is better, and it's cool to finally have goggles printed on the helmet)

lego-minifig-imperial-at-st-driver.jpg

Edited by anothergol

I stopped by target today looking for rogue one sets. They had hover tank and death trooper so I tried to buy hover tank but they wouldn't let me :angry:

I remember that happened to me years ago at Target when I was kid. Before Attack of the Clones they put the yoda Count Dooku duel on the shelf early but wouldnt let us buy it.

Oh my mom fought passionately with them but no dice.

Why put them on the shelves then? What's the point?

It only gets people frustrated (and boycotting those stores in the future). (I experienced this with DVDs many years ago; the first Star Wars DVD box in 2004 for instance)

1 hour ago, Brickprawn said:

Just been to my local toy shop and picked up the AT ST. They had every set on the shelves available to buy! 

As Yoda would say: "Frustrating, posts like yours are" :wink::laugh: (reading that people already have the new sets....while I always have to wait until the release day PLUS a couple of days extra (reason: there's a LEGO store nearby where they get the sets later.....but everything is standard 10-20% below RRP, so I always wait.))

On topic: there aren't any review vids of the U-Wing and Krennic's shuttle yet?

8 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

So whatever happened to 75143? Wasn't that supposed to release this year?

It is probably merged with 75150. If you have the luck, don't worry, you'll get this A-Wing model included.

Edited by Chimaninja454

10 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

So whatever happened to 75143? Wasn't that supposed to release this year?

I believe 75143 was combined with 75150 to make a larger set. It was originally listed as an A-Wing and 75150 was listed as the TIE Advanced. In the set there are two completely separate books (one for each vehicle) which is unusually in a set this size.

47 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

No more Star Wars sets for this year after Force Friday, right?

No, not in the 3 months until the end of the year, but then the first wave of 2017 sets will arrive on 1st January (in the UK at least).

Was the delayed release of the first 2017 sets in the US normal or unusual? I remember we didnt get the sets until march.

I think they had a problem with their Mexico factory that is why the sets were late in NA.
And I am surprise no one gives this reason as why sets cost less in the US. Mexican worker get paid a lot less than worker at the Euro factories.
For me, it explain why sets I the US are less expensive