Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I doubt anyone remembers page 438 of this thread, but I did point out that it was U-3PO because each minifigure in the calendar follows a related mini-build and U-3PO is preceded by the Tantive IV.

According to wookiepedia, U-3PO was an imperial sleeper agent who led the empire to the Tantive IV when they received the Death Star plans. Maybe we'll be able to count him as a Rogue One minifigure!

#neverforgetpage438

According to wookiepedia, U-3PO was an imperial sleeper agent who led the empire to the Tantive IV when they received the Death Star plans. Maybe we'll be able to count him as a Rogue One minifigure!

#neverforgetpage438

Wouldn't it be neat if they included this storyline in the movie?

It's pretty amazing how well the battle droid molds have aged. I couldn't suggest a single improvement.

Right? They are one of the oldest of Lego's SW designs and theyre pieces are so versatile. Im very surprised. The only improvement I could make is a mold for the back pack but besides that im at a loss.

This year's calendar is another win, last year's was the first SW one I bought, but this one is even better.

Although, I can't remember if they come without the little boxes in CMF packets.

Capes are loose in CMF packets

Right? They are one of the oldest of Lego's SW designs and theyre pieces are so versatile. Im very surprised. The only improvement I could make is a mold for the back pack but besides that im at a loss.

Or independently moving legs so they can walk rather than just hop

Dang I saw the Advent calendar marked for sale but didn't look to much into it and now i regret it, it was like 5 bucks off but they had like 2 or three left at Toys R Us. Either way I will wait for the Death Star until double vip October, I always get my larger sets that way, racks the point way faster than buying one by one, especially with Darth Revan as a promo XDDD

Yeah, I guess I can only think of them articulating the legs separately. That would be nice, but with the flimsiness of battle droid legs, perhaps ill-advised. :laugh:

Yeah, I guess I can only think of them articulating the legs separately. That would be nice, but with the flimsiness of battle droid legs, perhaps ill-advised. :laugh:

Yeah that'd be cool but knowing how bad those clips are maybe it would be indeed ill advised. I do think the long super battle droid legs need to be improved, maybe make the clips stronger. Even if the connection is more unsightly I would rather the legs last longer.

How many bets for the high number of the Rogue One Imperial Droid's legs that will break in the coming months?

I got two Rogue One sets from a seller I usually get stuff early from! :sweet:

Here's a look at the AT-ST:

Sorry about the lesser quality of these photos, I ordered a new light studio and one of the lights died immediately after set up. :wacko:

29188944273_98d1469567_z.jpg

29188948993_758e7b65c3_z.jpg

29188947103_7e3306d442_z.jpg

29188943923_3d28e4febc_z.jpg

29522343260_0e5376bce9_z.jpg

29522345580_fdba1c03a0_z.jpg

Thanks for the pics J2G.

Do you plan on buying the U-Wing?? I'm dying to know if Jyn Erso has a printed torso or not.

Brickshow posted a video about U-wing set on display , and you can clearly see her torso printing under poncho piece.

Nice little review, set looks decent in terms of design, even though Lego could invest a couple more bricks to cover up the holes of the technic beams (they rarely do that with walkers and the like) to improve the display quality by a lot.

I personally would not want that set because its looks very unstable and I am just not a big fan of the overall look of the AT-ST (never was, even back in the day).

Looking forward for a review on Krennics Shuttle, will be interesting to see how stable and sturdy the main body and the wings are with all that folding and moving they showed!

Brickshow posted a video about U-wing set on display , and you can clearly see her torso printing under poncho piece.

Just checked the video and you're right.Any way thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

I really appreciate the review! The AT-ST is the set I am least interested in in this wave. anothergol's model is so nice, plus seats 2 pilots.

Great Review! Now I want two of them :(

Nice to get some printed consoles too from time to time :)

And what's the other set you've got, the hover tank?

Edited by RetroInferno

Good review j2good! But the set itself isn't as interesting as I originally thought. The lack of movability in the walker is very dissapointing considering 2007 version had great movability! The shape of the head is spot on , but bad leg design dissapointed me. I wish Lego combined 2007 versions legs and this new head for AT-ST , that would have made the set a lot better!

Nice review of the AT-ST, thanks. Not crazy about the back of the head of the AT-ST. Don't like when technic pieces like that are so visible. But overall I like it and will be nice to have.

Great Review! Now I want two of them :(

It's the hover tank. He posted a picture on Instagram of it.

I like the hatch on the top. From what I've seen, the top hatch on the hovertank will need a bit of looking at. It looks like the whole top opens as one, without a hatch for a pilot to stand in. Something like the one on the at st will need to be modded for me.

Thank you guys for the kind response! :sweet:

Thanks for the pics J2G.

Do you plan on buying the U-Wing?? I'm dying to know if Jyn Erso has a printed torso or not.

Actually, the U-Wing is the only one I don't plan on buying (it's my least favorite), but we'll wait and see.

Looking forward for a review on Krennics Shuttle, will be interesting to see how stable and sturdy the main body and the wings are with all that folding and moving they showed!

Hoping to get my hands on Krennic's Shuttle soon. :classic:

If you're referring to the control panel being a print, it's actually a sticker. My bad for any confusion! :look:

And yeah, other set is the Hovertank. Review shall be up by tomorrow if I can get work done. :grin:

Someone should modify Baze with Thorin's hair piece, I would be very interested with the end results as I don't really think that hair piece really fits the character.

Thanks for that quick look, J2G! The lack of articulation in the legs is disappointing, but otherwise it looks really good! I'll probably sell Baze and the Rebel trooper if/when I get it.

Call me crazy but one of the biggest pet peeves of mine on reviewers is how the double sided face print is always taken backwards... I just wish they did take both of them with the two faces.

Thanks for the review, J2G. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of articulation, but it's almost to be expected at this point due to what happened with the AT-DP. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't insanely jealous of those who have inexplicably obtained the sets this early. My local stores never have stuff this early, especially when it comes to merchandise that has a strict street date such as for Rogue Friday.

Edited by Nokturn