Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The Imp Officer next to Tarkin doesn't even look new. He looks like the one from 75055 with a black hat. This is really disappointing. I might get it if it ever goes on sale for $100+ off, but at $500, there's no way.

Guys, I know it seems dumb sometimes, but please don't post any links or pictures of leaked sets. Eurobricks has a good relationship with Lego and we'd like to keep it that way. You can talk about future sets, including ones that may or may not have been leaked, just be careful about linking or pictures please.

Well the little hope I had for this just vanished.

And to be crystal clear I wouldn't have minded an updated version of the original, I even like the concept, but updated as an improved model, not same same thing with updated mini figs for 100$ more.

This really looks like a 2008 set, the edges are anything but smooth...

Jesus Christ who the hell was in charge of updating this?

I agree, the set is absolutely not up to today's standards. They put zero effort into even slightly updating the model. The rough, blocky edges alone are off-putting enough to make me say 'no'.

Also, I'm almost willing to bet Leia is going to have plain white legs again. And Ben Kenobi will have those robes again that only cover the front of his legs.

LEGO, can you please just start adding more arm printing, side leg printing and some dual molded stuff to Star Wars figures

like the Superhero figures are getting, and put more thought into finding the best solution for pulling off certain looks? Kenobi's legs should be dual molded (dark brown & tan). I had to paint the sides and back sides of the legs on my own Kenobi figure myself

because it looked so bad. And where's the hip printing on the stormtroopers? Are we going to be getting Imperial troopers with hip printing in the Rogue One sets, but not here, and then get stormtroopers with hip printing in next year's battlepacks?

So much to complain about but it's only justified when they went lazy-mode on a set that is going to cost half a grand.

I think it's pretty simple what has happened. Lego didn't want to retire it, but certain pieces such as the old TIE window, old Darth Vader helmet, those big missile pieces etc are no longer in production, or were only being made for this set. Some parts aren't made in that colour (swapping red for yellow) Other parts of the set could do with improvement to be stronger. Other factors, like Luke's outdated hair, needed to be addressed.

Rather than just update the existing set, they decided to make a new one with the new pieces, but didn't bother to actually change the bulk of the set.

I had expected them to at least add slope pieces to make the overall shape smoother.

Edited by nikhkin

Director Paul Feig

Oh that * bag! :)

Words can't even described how of a letdown this year was for the theme, and this is the cherry on the dung pile.

Yeah those blocky edges look really old now.

(I can't believe I'm complaining about blocky edges given what Lego is! Haha)

For $100 extra? Heck yeah!

Yes, instead people have to pay $100 extra (as far as the info from sources goes but I trust them on that) for a few hundred little random pieces tossed around the set.

The most fun to be had with this for me is going to find the additionall 200 pieces. Cheese slopes here I come!

Also very hyped about the upcoming embarrasing Lego designer video.

Yes, instead people have to pay $100 extra (as far as the info from sources goes but I trust them on that) for a few hundred little random pieces tossed around the set.

Don't forget the cheese slope!

I genuinely don't know why it's there! That was a huge pit below Obi Wan when he deactivated the tractor beam. No detail is necessary.

I must admit, for someone who missed out on 10188, I am very excited for this, but I do feel bad for the majority who is quite disappointed with the outcome of this. I would be in the same exact boat if I already owned the previous model.

and updated mini figs!

*with subpar printing

*snip* New pics

Edited by Captain Nemo
Image Link Removed

and updated mini figs!

*with subpar printing

With them having (potentially) the same printing as current figs, can the changes really justify the additional cost? They have a new hair piece for Han, but we get new ones all the time in CMF, and it'll show up next year in other SW sets.

So does anyone think R2-D2 has a new dome and is that the blue astromech at the very bottom?

I see Han's got his new hair.About the set itself I'll just say meh.

I never intended to buy it to begin with and I think the price is ridiculous.

Is that image of the Death Star's box art with the Millennium Falcon silhouette real?

Yeah those blocky edges look really old now.

(I can't believe I'm complaining about blocky edges given what Lego is! Haha)

Oh come on... by now you should know about the incredible shapes that can be accomplished with LEGO pieces. I haven't used the famous 2x4 brick in any MOCs these past years at all!

The least they could've done was add some good slopes to give the thing a better look.

Nice chin straps on those Imperial navy troopers! Yeah, probably gonna bricklink some of those figs, especially if any of the officers turn out to be good.

Pretty much a minor tweak. Almost like how the first DS had some revisions to include new head prints.

Still, this builds up excitement among the new collecting crowd and publicity. It's an easy sale for Lego and probably has a great profit margin, so hopefully that extra money they'll make will help them some more adventurous products in 2017 and/or 2018.

Having missed out on the last one, I'll be picking this up eventually. I can absolutely see why the rest of you are upset though, it's just the same set with updated figs.