Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Didn't CM4Sci just grab an extra DCPI by mistake, the $110 one? If you eliminate that price from the post the prices match Darth Caedus' prices exactly.

I believe that is what he stated. I'm a little confused why people are freaking out.

More pictures of the T-Striker are out. It appears the rear part of the ship has a pretty cool looking "machine room" that is visible if you open the hatch & also shows the mechanism to move the wings.

Most people here probably won't bother, but the colour scheme is really bad I think. As always with the T-Ships - too much dark grey & for some reason sand blue.

Plus the "gunner" trooper definitely has a new mold. I still wonder if the fig may use the female protagonist's head...

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

Some info regarding the new Death Star

"(Rough) Google Translation:

1) **LEGO® Star Wars ™ Death Star (75159) = UCS Set**

Many there have already suspected: The new Death Star is a set of the Ultimate Collector Series (UCS). But do not rejoice too soon, because it behaves here like the LEGO® Star Wars ™ Assault on Hoth (75098) Set. For me, this is certainly not a reason to celebrate.

2) **LEGO® Star Wars ™ Death Star (75159) = Play Set**

Yes, the new Death Star is again a play set. As just mentioned, the joy is about the same as last discussion cause UCS set. While some fans will welcome another Star Wars play set, this may be for other fans one of the reasons not to buy the Death Star. The similarity of the model to its predecessor set (10188) is actually striking, even a Tie Advanced Hunter again belongs to the scope of the new sets.

3) **4,016 parts for 499,99 Euro**

The new Death Star will have 4,016 parts. By comparison, the final Death Star (10188) consisted of 3,803 parts and included 24 minifigures. The new model will cost 499.99 euros, 80 euros more than its predecessor. I hope that this will change anything on price.

4) **Sales start on October 1, 2016**

According to my information the LEGO® Star Wars ™ Death Star (75159) will go on sale from October 1, 2016th Together with the new LEGO® Star Wars ™ Rogue One Sets. Power synonymous sense because the Death Star quasi starring in the new movie.

5. **VIP presale from September 15, 2016**

As we know from the LEGO® Store Calendar for September know two sets in the VIP pre-sale will be available from 15 September. The first set is the LEGO® Creator Christmas Train (10254) , the other set is the new Death Star.

6. **And these mini figures are**

Like the last model, the Death Star again has 24 Minifigures, you can expect somehow to be even with the selling price. Here the designer in Billund certainly have again done a great job, because numerous figures have been revised to shine in a new outfit. My favorite is the blue Imperial astromech.

I do not want to keep you in suspense, enclosed is the exclusive overview of the characters, which are included in the new Death Star:

Grand Moff Tarkin

Imperial Officer

Imperial Navy Officer

Imperial astromech

Chewbacca

C-3PO

R2-D2

Han Solo

Han Solo (disguise)

Luke Skywalker (disguise)

Luke Skywalker (final duel)

Luke Skywalker (Tatooine)

Princess Leia

Obi Wan Kenobi

Darth Vader

Death Star Gunner

Death Star Droid

Emperor's Royal Guard

Emperor Palpatine

Stormtropper

Death Star Trooper"

Translation provided by /u/TheAnt06 on /r/lego

Some thoughts:

Yes, it's a playset, but so long as it's one whole structure like the last one I don't mind. Assault on Hoth was too scattered and too many independent things. If it's mostly an upgraded version of the previous set, so be it and I highly doubt people will hate it as much. There's plenty that can be improved with new techniques and pieces anyway.

I'm curious as to what the difference between the imp. officer and imp. navy officer is. Maybe one is a crewman?

Edited by Calanon

Wow, if the information is correct, I'm surprised at the high price point. I thought for sure that Lego had moved away from $400+ USD sets.

Can't wait to see pics!

So aside from the astromech, no new figures, only updates.

I would have liked a dedicated Motti and Tagge, but never mind :)

Only 21 figures listed there, I'm guessing the others are an extra Royal Guard, Stormtrooper and Navy Officer.

I would have liked a dedicated Motti and Tagge, but never mind :)

Ahhh, I was really hoping for a Motti or Tagge too. I bet the Imperial Navy Officer is a use of that new black cap.

So basically Lego wants to raise the price of 10188?

*sigh*

It could've been worse. And I do like the idea of more imperial officers... (Even if they aren't named).

Wow, I guess this set could be even smaller than the last one. I mean, Lego uses now more small pieces, I thought for 500 bucks we would get 5000+ pieces so it can be like the old DS in terms of size, but now I'm afraid that we'll see a smaller set(Although it has 200+ more pieces).

For me it can't be a disappointment anyway, since I never had the change to buy 10188.

Edited by ltzik

The Minifigure updates should be interesting to see however I fear that the build will be very similar to 10188. With the additional few hundred pieces, I wonder what the changes will be (I just hope it isn't a rip off in the design like the re-release of the Winter Village Toy Shop with minor changes). :classic:

I thought 10188 was extremely ugly and overpriced, and if this is a carbon copy like it sounds like it is, it'll be an easy pass.

Also, 200 extra parts raises the price $100? That's ridiculous.

Edited by Gremer

So aside from the astromech, no new figures, only updates.

Isn't the astromech listed here the same as the black astromech in the old DS?

Wouldn't be suprised if the designer video is posted tonight (as the Disney Castle also got a video on Monday) and if not then certainly later this week.

But that's just a guess so don't take this as confirmed information.

The information about the Death Star does make me wonder how it will look tho, but it sounds like 10188 2.0.

Wow, I guess this set could be even smaller than the last one. I mean, Lego uses now more small pieces, I thought for 500 bucks we would get 5000+ pieces so it can be like the old DS in terms of size, but now I'm afraid that we'll see a smaller set(Although it has 200+ more pieces).

For me it can't be a disappointment anyway, since I never had the change to buy 10188.

^My thoughts exactly. I knew they'd raise the price, but I hoped there would be some new stuff for the extra 100 bucks.

Isn't the astromech listed here the same as the black astromech in the old DS?

It's blue, evidently... but yeah.

Really the only figure I'd be interested in getting from that is the updated Grand Moff Tarkin. Not that Rebels beige figure.... It doesn't make sense why they remake this anyways and I'm glad that it's more expensive. I bought this like a year ago and now I feel ripped off in a way. But it's fine I feel like someone said that this is the next Echo Base

I bought the old DS in 2013 and feel fine with this one, if this is truly the info on the new one.

If it was going to be awesome, I probably would have waited a couple years to pick it up. If it's going to suck, then I have the old one to fall back on - which I think is quite good for its time (2008).

A blue astromech swapping in for the black one seems odd, but maybe all the other minifigures will have drastic updates. Almost everything in this list has been updated in some form recently in other sets.

Grand Moff Tarkin - use updated Rebels head and hair, update uniform

Imperial Officer - use updated version

Imperial Navy Officer - update uniform

Imperial astromech - apparently blue update

Chewbacca - use updated version from 2014 ROTS set

C-3PO - use updated version from 2013 Ewok Village

R2-D2 - use updated version from 2013 Ewok Village

Han Solo - use updated version from 2014 Cantina

Han Solo (disguise) - use 2014 Cantina version and updated 2015 Slave 1 Stormtrooper

Luke Skywalker (disguise) - 2011 Millenium Falcon and updated Slave 1 Stormtrooper

Luke Skywalker (final duel) - use 2015 Final Duel or 2013 Ewok Village

Luke Skywalker (Tatooine) - use 2011 Millenium Falcon

Princess Leia - use 2011 Millenium Falcon

Obi Wan Kenobi - use 2014 Cantina with hood

Darth Vader - use 2015 Final Duel

Death Star Gunner - update printing

Death Star Droid - update printing

Emperor's Royal Guard - use 2014 battlepack

Emperor Palpatine - use 2015 Final Duel

Stormtrooper - use 2015 Slave 1

Death Star Trooper- update printing

I see very little brand new material. This may play out like a "best of" for main characters in recent years.

Edited by HawkLord

So.. it's 10188 but with like 30 more pieces and new figures? What a load of crap. This has been the worst year for Star Wars, I swear.

It's blue, evidently... but yeah.

Oh, hey, that rumor was right. I totally forgot about that.

I am not passing judgment until I see it...for my own eyes. I take most things that I read on the inter webs with a grain of salt these days.

I just hope we get a leak or an official reveal very very soon. Like right now. Descriptions are nice, but nobody's gonna know how the set truly is from one person giving a description, and it's poorly translated at that. Maybe I'm being a little too optimistic, but I think the update will be substantial enough to justify the price tag.

I am wondering, however, if it's worth saving up for this one if you already own 10188. I've had that set since 2009, and I never felt it really needed an update other than maybe the minifigures. TLG hasn't really added that many new parts into their inventory that would be useful for constructing a spherical shape; 10188 did that very well IMO.

Edited by Nokturn

Oh really... I hope it's at least somewhat different. I never liked the design of the first one. And $500 is just ridiculous if it really is something along the lines of last year's Toy Shop, a straight repackaging with some new stuff thrown in. :hmpf_bad:

The description didn't really matters for me unless I already see the real thing, so I didn't really know what to say about this actually. I already expected the new one to be a facelift version of the 2008 Death Star, so I didn't really get dissapointed.

So we still don't know for sure if it will be mostly the same like the previous version? Don't think 200 parts could change a lot. Though besides to an outer shell I think it was pretty much perfect.

I guess some newer, parts, smaller parts, a better midi-T-Advanced & most of all: an improved elevator, since stability is the #1 goal for SW sets today.

The figs are dissapointing though. For 80 parts they could have given the nerds under us a few easter egg characters, more imperial officers for that instance.

I didn't buy the old one although did help build one, but on that description, I doubt I'll get this one. I'll wait for pictures though before deciding.

I didn't get the last one and may get this one. It's kinda sad they are only updating a lot of the old minifigures instead of adding new ones.

I for one like the sound of the set being similar to the previous one cause that has always seemed like a neat set to me, despite me never being able to afford it (unlike the new one) :laugh: The minifig selection sounds cool to me however I'm missing a torture droid and a dianoga. I hope they'll include both since when are we ever going to see those again :grin: I also hope they'll use this piece for the Dianoga's eye:

6157652.jpg