Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Reveal for DS would have to come out before the end of the month as that's when the October calendar is due for release. There would be very little maybe about it. If there is no reveal before or when calendar hits, then we can assume the DS' release is delayed (which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I don't think it's true, I mean when will they release the DS? between Rogue One sets and the UCS Snowspeeder? or after the Snowspeeder(A year delay?), It does not make sense to me.

Although, lately, LEGO has disappointed me a lot, so I expect the worst to come =D!

I don't think it's true, I mean when will they release the DS? between Rogue One sets and the UCS Snowspeeder? or after the Snowspeeder(A year delay?), It does not make sense to me.

Although, lately, LEGO has disappointed me a lot, so I expect the worst to come =D!

DS and Rogue One should be releasing at the same time while the Snowspeeder comes out next year. Maybe May? Big gap inbetween

Just to prove the Combat Frigate can look perfectly fine with a few small adjustments and color changes.80eFFM7.png

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

I don't think that color scheme was the nr.1 on list of problems people have with this set. :D

It is for me, I would have been more than happy to buy the set had it had an accurate color scheme.

The new Star Wars Show episode just unveiled the U-Wing officially, and it reveals a new wing formation that it can apparently transform in to (

at around 1:56). Upon further analysis of the leaked image, I can kinda see some technic mechanism in between the engine pods, so this hopefully will be on the LEGO Model!

Looks like the U-Wing's wings are able to turn backward.

Wonder if the LEGO one will be able to do that?

EDIT: ^Guess I missed the previous comment. :blush:

Edited by npgcole

Hope the actual set can do the same. The U-Wing looks so much better with its wings backwards.

Hope the actual set can do the same. The U-Wing looks so much better with its wings backwards.

If you look at the leaked photos, there is defenately a chance for the wings to fold back.

There is just enough space between the engines.

The wings seem to be seperate constructions from the rest of the ship - I dont see any bricks/plates that cross over from the wings to the "body" of the ship, thus making it very likely that the wings are hinged.

One of the leaked set descriptions awhile back mentioned rotating wings on the U-Wing, so it's very likely that there will be some sort of Technic mechanism.

At the very least, we'll be able to rotate the wings manually.

One of the leaked set descriptions awhile back mentioned rotating wings on the U-Wing, so it's very likely that there will be some sort of Technic mechanism.

At the very least, we'll be able to rotate the wings manually.

Unless it happens the same thing it happened with Kylo Ren's ship.

Unless it happens the same thing it happened with Kylo Ren's ship.

I really hope not. I have faith that they learned from their mistakes. But if they didn't, someone will figure out how to easily modify it.

Just to prove the Combat Frigate can look perfectly fine with a few small adjustments and color changes.
I don't think that color scheme was the nr.1 on list of problems people have with this set. :D

The color scheme was an issue for me, actually, so just last weekend I tried to mod the set to look similar to thenerdyone's picture. Just in case anyone has similar plans, you should be warned that the large printed front piece has some red on it. That makes it rather difficult to difficult to change out the red in a way that looks good.

Edited by Raskolnikov

DS and Rogue One should be releasing at the same time while the Snowspeeder comes out next year. Maybe May? Big gap inbetween

Well at least the set is already produced, I've seen picture of a few of the figures, I have made a promise not to share with anyone so I will not, but I would be very surprised if it will be prosponded.

Having just compared the new U-Wing images to the leaked Lego U-Wing I can see that it will definitely have moving wings, for one the engines on the real ship almost touch each other, there is very little space between them, on the model there is a significant gap, this would only be there because it has to allow for a wing 3x plates in thickness to pass between them. It would be nice if there was an X-Wing style turning mechanism but considering where the pivot points appear to be and the fact that it has to cover around 120 degreesI can't imagine how this would work... it could be manual but connected to each other so as you pull one back the other mirrors it?

I can't wait to get my hands on these! (but I'd be happy with some better images for now ;)

On the latest Star Wars show they have good pictures of the actual U wing and it shows the wings in both positions.

Having just compared the new U-Wing images to the leaked Lego U-Wing I can see that it will definitely have moving wings, for one the engines on the real ship almost touch each other, there is very little space between them, on the model there is a significant gap, this would only be there because it has to allow for a wing 3x plates in thickness to pass between them. It would be nice if there was an X-Wing style turning mechanism but considering where the pivot points appear to be and the fact that it has to cover around 120 degreesI can't imagine how this would work... it could be manual but connected to each other so as you pull one back the other mirrors it.

Maybe a similar mechanism to 70721 Ninjago Kai Fighter? I know the angle of rotation is much greater, but it would still work, maybe with a dial to turn located on the top/bottom of the fighter, or even on the back. I think it'll be easily achievable. I really hope there is some mechanism and not just a do-it-by-hand job.

Edit: after having a good old look at the image we have, there's definitely some technic business going on around the wings suggesting some sort of mechanism. Comparing the image to the computer model we've now seen, the 'wings' appear a little short on the set, but that's easily sorted. The yellow highlights on the set also don't seem to be present but maybe they'll appear in the film.

Edited by Richpepperell

Just to prove the Combat Frigate can look perfectly fine with a few small adjustments and color changes.[snip]

Nice colors, but they don't fix the nonexistant interior or the small size problem.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

Nice colors, but they don't fix the nonexistant interior or the small size problem.

Sold out in my local Lego store. Glad I nabbed one the other day.